Pursuing Missionary with my dog?

FloofyNewfie

The Floofy Administrator
Staff member
Update: So my girl went into heat but she gave me a little scare when her heat blood started to smell like liquid ass. I was preparing to take her to the vet but oddly enough it cleared up went went back to just musky like normal in only 3 days. I believe my diet is to blame for the smell of my semen, namely a lot of garlic and a good amount of alcohol. So far, missionary has been a no go with her this time around. She just isn't comfortable with it, so I'm not going to continue asking her. I did find a new position that works. I'll get her up on my bed and on the floor I'll place a rolled up rug and I'll stand on it. This allows us to pretty much line up with one another. My girl likes this because it's still her favorite position, which is doggy style. Since I can stand up this way instead of having to crouch, it's way less exhasting on myself. Which makes for a better experience for the both of us, since I can last longer in this position which will allow her to reach an orgasm during sex more effectively. I do appreciate everyone replies here. But at this point, unless she starts expressing that she's interested in missionary, I'm going to stop asking.

Hello, so I had disgusted this on another thread and figured I should really create a thread of my own about it.

So my Newfie girl is absolutely crazy about sex, in and out of heat, as many of you know by now. Since I won't shut up about her! Lol. But one thing she doesn't like is missionary out of heat. In heat she absolutely loves it. But out of heat she absolutely hates it.

So for a run down of the situation. While she was in heat I was able to gently get her on her back, it was a little awkward at first. I starting slowly with the motions (touching, rubbing, petting) and I got her comfortable. When I did insert and begin the session she was absolutely enjoying it. I'm talking about happy panting, eyes squinting, tongue flopped to the side, looking like she was in heaven. The last couple of times I did it, when her heat was coming to an end, she was loving it from start to finish with zero hesitations.

Out of heat is a completely different story! She will resist if I slowly get her on her back. When I do get her on her back I usually start out with just petting her stomach which she's fine with, but if I slowly move down to her genitals she'll terminate the attempt then and there. Obviously at that point I stop. I always stop at the first sign of a clear rejection. I tried three times after her heat, all of which lead to nothing. The last attempt she let out a little whine as soon as I got her on her back. I've stopped all attempts since then, and just stuck with doggy style moving forward. It's best not to push the matter if she clearly isn't comfortable.

My plan right now is to try again on her next heat, since she genuinely seemed to like it as much as she likes doggy style (her favorite position). I've gotten mixed results when asking if I should continue pursuing missionary. To roughly quote the situation of friend I've since lost contact with when they shut down YIM "My girl didn't start out liking missionary. I first got her comfortable on her back by just petting her in a non-sexual way. I then started to incorporate some sexual touching in the mix. Eventually it got to the point where I'd take off my clothes she will sprint to the bed and would happily spread eagle." Others have stated similar results when trying this.

What's your thoughts on this? I'll try to answer any questions. Just know that I love my girls like life itself, and I never want to hurt them.

Last edited:
my girl hates to be on her back both in and out of heat so we settled on being on our sides as the closest we'll get to a missionary and i'm fine with that. she's a bit dominant and i think there is a connection between it and her not liking being on her back. or maybe it's simply not comfortable for her? my boy on the other had was the exact opposite, he'd go on his back as soon as i started just petting him and he'd even let me ride him when he was in the mood. missionary (him receiving) was also something i got to do with him.... guess it just varies from dog to dog? you can always try having just regular petting sessions ending with her on her back without it being sexual and see where it goes

Dogs generally hate being on their back as it's a sign of submission. I get around it by picking them up like a baby and scratching their bellies, and that makes them more comfortable with it over the course of a year or two. But in general I would advise against making her do something she isn't comfortable with. There really isn't any technique to make a dog like something that makes them uncomfortable or just something they inherently don't like, even if they like it at certain times. Just try to encourage her to do it now and again and if she ever decides to let you then you can give it a try. Due to the language barrier it's always best to let their body language be the deciding factor in any situation.

my girl hates to be on her back both in and out of heat so we settled on being on our sides as the closest we'll get to a missionary and i'm fine with that. she's a bit dominant and i think there is a connection between it and her not liking being on her back. or maybe it's simply not comfortable for her? my boy on the other had was the exact opposite, he'd go on his back as soon as i started just petting him and he'd even let me ride him when he was in the mood. missionary (him receiving) was also something i got to do with him.... guess it just varies from dog to dog? you can always try having just regular petting sessions ending with her on her back without it being sexual and see where it goes
I wish I could do her on her side while laying down, but it's hard with her my girl's wide hips. I've tried and I just can't get aligned other than getting the tip in. I can do her on her side when I'm in an upright position, and she's okay with that, but it is also awkward as well as I have to levetate myself using my hands which is just at tiring as crouching doggy style. I'm not 100% sure about the dominance thing, but I need to look into that further. As everything I've read about alpha theory might be all outdated.

Hubby's girl loves being on her back now, but takes a lot of patience, a lot of reassurance, rewards, foreplay. It took 18 months or so, but now she almost always lays on her back for him
I'll definitely take it slow out of heat. I'll take your word and I'll start to add some more foreplay to the mix. When she was in heat last time I only got to do 4-5 sessions missionary at the very end of the cycle. Once her heat ended I took a two week break for health reasons. She gave me a clear "no" three times after the break, and that was it for me for now.

Next heat, I plan on only doing that position if she's comfortable. Hopefully, with time she'll enjoy it out of heat as much as she enjoys it in heat.

If it takes 18 months for me, then so be it. If she's down, then I'm down. I just know, it's hard for me to do standing doggy style all the time. I'm both tall and husky (think dad bod) but when I'm on my knees she's too tall for me to line up properly.

You just have to keep working at it. I have found it helps to start with some good oral. Get her eyes rolled back into her head, then go for penetration. Basically you want to do everything possible to associate being on their back with positive things. Also try starting missionary, and finishing doggy-style as a compromise.

Any updates? Did you have the chance to get her to love missionary?
Well, not much. She did go into heat prematurely again, but that's not particularly unusual at her age according to a zoo vet friend of mine. She's had 2 heats within 9 months. I found an easier technique where I get her up on the bed, stand on a rolled up rug on the floor, and I can align myself properly by tip-toeing on the rug. So it's still doggy style but I'm in a standing position which makes things so much easier, rather than having to crouch fuck her.

4 days into her heat with sex on each day, and she starts smelling very vaginally foul. I had to stop sex for a few days now, watch her closely, and check her temperatures. As of today, her smell is pretty much back to her typical heat smell. 3 days ago it was really bad from the swabs that I did. But I've also had a garlic intense diet here lately, so that might be part of the issue. I know garlic can seep through your pores and your breath, I'd imagine it could also seem through my semen.

She wasn't much into missionary this time around, however she's in standing heat now so she might start enjoying it again, but I haven't touched her for the last 3 days until this health matter is cleared up. Her health will always come before sex. There's been no behavioral changes either, other than asking me for sex like 5+ times a day now! She's also exhibiting roaming behavior since I'm not giving her the satisfaction she's craving at the moment.

Well, not much. She did go into heat prematurely again, but that's not particularly unusual at her age according to a zoo vet friend of mine. She's had 2 heats within 9 months. I found an easier technique where I get her up on the bed, stand on a rolled up rug on the floor, and I can align myself properly by tip-toeing on the rug. So it's still doggy style but I'm in a standing position which makes things so much easier, rather than having to crouch fuck her.

4 days into her heat with sex on each day, and she starts smelling very vaginally foul. I had to stop sex for a few days now, watch her closely, and check her temperatures. As of today, her smell is pretty much back to her typical heat smell. 3 days ago it was really bad from the swabs that I did. But I've also had a garlic intense diet here lately, so that might be part of the issue. I know garlic can seep through your pores and your breath, I'd imagine it could also seem through my semen.

She wasn't much into missionary this time around, however she's in standing heat now so she might start enjoying it again, but I haven't touched her for the last 3 days until this health matter is cleared up. Her health will always come before sex. There's been no behavioral changes either, other than asking me for sex like 5+ times a day now! She's also exhibiting roaming behavior since I'm not giving her the satisfaction she's craving at the moment.
Hope she starts feeling better soon and you can help her out. Also good to hear you may have found somewhat of a solution for being uncomfortable crouching.

Back