Pup Help

AussieKnot

Tourist
****Before you all jump on my throat I am NOT doing anything in the sexual nature of him at this time. He is only 10 wks old!

So I brought home my Aussie puppy this weekend! He’s absolutely incredible! One thing though... he’s already humping my female! Do I correct this behavior now or will it effect his training once he’s of age? Please help!

Humping behavior in puppies is normal. It's not sexual, rather puppies use it both as a form of play and to form pecking order dominence within litters.

****Before you all jump on my throat I am NOT doing anything in the sexual nature of him at this time. He is only 10 wks old!

So I brought home my Aussie puppy this weekend! He’s absolutely incredible! One thing though... he’s already humping my female! Do I correct this behavior now or will it effect his training once he’s of age? Please help!
I'm assuming you were meaning he is humping your female dog, if that is the case she will do any correcting for you, if she considers it more than play or if he is getting to big for his boots. That is the way it works in nature, pups climb all over mum and their litter mates, they hump each other, they chew on each other, basically they learn and explore there world. They try and work out who is top dog, from who gets to suck on mum first if she doesn't have enough teats to go around, or who eats first, or plays with what toy. etc.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about at 10 weeks old. As long as there is an older dog in the house he will learn how to behave the best way you can, that is from another canine. However that's not to say the older dog wont teach the pup any bad behaviour along side of the good stuff, but if the older dog already knows the human rules in your den chances are the pup will be on the right track at this age. A more important thing to keep an eye on is mouthing. Pups like to shove everything into their mouths so you need to teach him to be gentle when he plays to ensure he doesn't get to excited. Because when he gets bigger and has more power in his jaws, you can end up with problems because humans just aren't that tough on the outside; having a pretty useless fur coat on our skin. So if he chomps a bit to hard when he is playing with you make a yelping noice so he knows it hurt, that won't be hard it often feels like pups have needles for teeth

Amazing ! congratz for the new addition into the family. I bet you'll give him lots and lots of love. You can always try to educate him softly if he's behaving in a bad way, but when i say that i mean like ripping stuff or destroying goods (they'll are mostly up to do it as they're pups, they tear, they bite, etc). You gotta watch some youtube videos or ask people that are into raising a pup properly (every dog is a world, not all the advices are useful depending on the dog, you always need to adjust the tips to educate him/her according to the safe and good social behavior, not harming anyone and anything, etc.

I can give you some advice that isn't about sex, but about trust. Share time with him, feed him, pet him, give him tons of love, good love, the pure common love every owner gives to his/her dog, but remember something, if you're planning to be intimate with him, you gotta gain his trust, and he must know you'll trust him as well. So keep from time to time depending on how much he likes it or not physical contact, not sexual, but he must be used to be able to lay on every part of you knowing you'll not harm him, and he must know that you may touch his head, sides, tail, legs, etc and you'll not hurt him (this applies also on the belly and groin area, but not sexually, just as grabbing him sometimes and taking him with you on your lap, spending time together and being closer. This usually works up for physical trust. Then it's just a matter to see how he's developing, he may be used to you not having clothing from time to time but just as something natural and non-sexual, later you may show him when he's allowed to do sexy times and when he isn't.

You'll have lots of advice from this site, i suggest you to chat with people, the supportive and not manipulative ones, and always put your pup's well being first in priorities, he's a life and he'll love you lots (if he isn't already doing it so), and with the proper cares and approaching you can also share that special bond that makes us keep being in here chatting about it.

Back