PETA the organisation

DarkSpoulsLover

Zooville Settler
I keep reading lots of Zoos are talking negative about the organisation PETA. To be honest I don´t know why because I have no clue or idea why lots of Zoos are against a NGO which more or less is for animal rights... right?
I am all ear for a good discussion about PETA and hope this stay here constructive. Afterall I have almost no knowledge about this topic so I am asking you:
Why is PETA or it semms like that PETA is incredibly hated by the Zoo Community.

Greetings ^^

Because PETA is a hypocritical organization that's actually more interested in making themselves feel good that they're "doing something" than they are about actually doing real things for animals. Like all mega sized non-profits, they spend more of the donations they receive running their organization and campaigning for more money than that spend doing what they say they will.

Because PETA is a hypocritical organization that's actually more interested in making themselves feel good that they're "doing something" than they are about actually doing real things for animals. Like all mega sized non-profits, they spend more of the donations they receive running their organization and campaigning for more money than that spend doing what they say they will.
Thanks for the reply you do defenetly have a good point

Not only Peta but I feel like any organization doesn't care. I once tried to see if I can get one of them to help get a dog help from an abuser and was bascially left on read. If they can't spin the story their way they want no part in it.

You'd think may be an organization that helps animals would help a family who's dog was murdered by a taser in California but seems the family had to do everything themselves.

Hmm... let's see...

PETA's "animal shelters" have a 72-97% kill rate (depending on the year.) Yes, you read that correctly 72-97% kill rate. That means that for every 100 dogs, cats, and rabbits that are taken into a PETA run shelter, 72-97 will be euthanized. What's sad is that many of these animals are perfectly healthy and generally adoptable animals as well.

Members of PETA have literally, not figuratively, but have literally stolen people's pets from their private property and euthanized them.

PETA often compares eating meat to slavery, the holocaust, domestic abuse survivors, they've dehumanizing rape survivors, and they have a thoroughly documented history involving racism.

PETA has issued frivolous lawsuits against people. One of the most notable ones was their attempt at suing someone for taking a picture of a monkey on behalf of the monkey.

They are against pets and animal husbandry.

I could go on, and on, but it's easy to see why this organization is hated by non-zoo and zoo people alike. They champion themselves as an "animal rights organization" but are everything BUT that.

You'd think may be an organization that helps animals would help a family who's dog was murdered by a taser in California but seems the family had to do everything themselves.
I'm pretty sure PETA actually wants all "pets" to be removed from families. They don't want pet ownership to be a thing at all, even though humans and dogs have been cohabitating for over 30,000 years, 3 times longer than civilization has existed.

They also still advocate strongly for "neuter them all" mentality, where even the AKC and many veterinary organizations have started to see the light and saying that's not a proper approach. And if I'm not mistaken they run kill shelters too.

I'm pretty sure PETA actually wants all "pets" to be removed from families. They don't want pet ownership to be a thing at all, even though humans and dogs have been cohabitating for over 30,000 years, 3 times longer than civilization has existed.

They also still advocate strongly for "neuter them all" mentality, where even the AKC and many veterinary organizations have started to see the light and saying that's not a proper approach. And if I'm not mistaken they run kill shelters too.
True, but I was trying to refer to all others.
I wonder if Bob Barker helped with that approach a little bit on the "neuter them all"

Not to mention, I think other organizations hate us, because due to decades ago someone that went to I believe the Humane Society and said a bunch of crap about zoos. I don't mean to make it sound like "Well if they hate us, we hate them" that's not my intent.

Fuck PETA. Those people are freakin crazy.
It's been stated above already but they are basically a money making organization that has no real interest in helping animals at all. Only thing they do is say the right things at the right time to continue to bring in donations and keep themselves relevant.

they "save" pet animals by killing them... also do campaigns only stupid ppl fall for. i remember the one where they put out posters with a guy holding a bloodied lamb saying "here's rest of your coat". because shearing totally kills sheep in the process. i wouldn't even be surprised if the lamb he posed with wasn't a prop, but a real one killed by them to "prove a point".

Hmm... let's see...

PETA's "animal shelters" have a 72-97% kill rate (depending on the year.) Yes, you read that correctly 72-97% kill rate. That means that for every 100 dogs, cats, and rabbits that are taken into a PETA run shelter, 72-97 will be euthanized. What's sad is that many of these animals are perfectly healthy and generally adoptable animals as well.

Members of PETA have literally, not figuratively, but have literally stolen people's pets from their private property and euthanized them.

PETA often compares eating meat to slavery, the holocaust, domestic abuse survivors, they've dehumanizing rape survivors, and they have a thoroughly documented history involving racism.

PETA has issued frivolous lawsuits against people. One of the most notable ones was their attempt at suing someone for taking a picture of a monkey on behalf of the monkey.

They are against pets and animal husbandry.

I could go on, and on, but it's easy to see why this organization is hated by non-zoo and zoo people alike. They champion themselves as an "animal rights organization" but are everything BUT that.
Oh hoy shit... that is fucked up.
I the kill rate and... like about racism I heard also a few things but that they also try to take someones pet / mabye even husband/wife it's... just wtf...
Unbelievable in my eyes and even more hurting when they conpare it to the holocaust fucking hell...

Thank you for your message ^^

Because PETA has a very active agenda. They don't believe people should keep animals as pets. They go as far as to steal/abduct people's pets from their private property with the sole intent to euthanize them. And when they're caught they go ''oopsie''.

Over 80% of animals that are unfortunate enough to end up in their shelters will be killed.
That's so terrifying...
Thank you for your response

Yeah.... something like 7% of what's donated actually goes towards helping animals. The rest, well, is merely consumed by the organization.

Like many non-profits, the people on the bottom (volunteers) generally want to do good for the cause, it's above them that's the problem.

PETA is also known for some hard-core gestapo tactics which IMO isn't the way to get things done. I stopped donating to them some 25 years ago because of it and instead, support local shelters which are tiny in comparison and far less corrupt.
Damn I see...
Like a few already said PETA is everything else than actually an animal rights organization... that's fucked up...

Thanks for your message

Fuck PETA. Those people are freakin crazy.
It's been stated above already but they are basically a money making organization that has no real interest in helping animals at all. Only thing they do is say the right things at the right time to continue to bring in donations and keep themselves relevant.
True... and it makes me damn sad to be honest because I thought animal rights oganizations are actually helping and have heart... but no
Thanks for your message

they "save" pet animals by killing them... also do campaigns only stupid ppl fall for. i remember the one where they put out posters with a guy holding a bloodied lamb saying "here's rest of your coat". because shearing totally kills sheep in the process. i wouldn't even be surprised if the lamb he posed with wasn't a prop, but a real one killed by them to "prove a point".
?!??!
I am speechless...
Thanks for you message

Back