Peanut Butter, Creamy or Chunky

Most definitely Crunchy/chunky in this house hold, it also make pills go down easier, not as easily as sliced cheese mind you, but if you can just throw a hidden tablet in the dog's direction, and have it snatched out of the air and swallowed; it makes doing medication much easier and the texture of the chunkier stuff helps hide the meds better.

I still don't get peanut butter. For me, either tastes horrible. It's one of the most unpleasant tastes for me, and iam not very picky when it comes to food.

I mean, I would eat it, if iam about to starve, but I'd rather not.
And do not say I just had a bad brand, I tried multinle brands, and even tried it with jam... It's always bad tasting.

Both for my personal consumption and if I ever were to use to encourage licking, I would use creamy. I don’t the creamy taste more appealing for me personally and as far as to use it for licking purposes, I think the creamy-ness is less likely to produce a bitting response

Was there a proper poll thing for this thread to see the numbers? it might also be interesting to know if it is a cultural thing or location in the world. Or perhaps I'm just grasping at straws because I think the crunchy side is losing the race. :gsd_grin:

I like both. I keep both, because I may be in the mood for either one at at given time.
I like to sit with the jar and lick it off a spoon, but I do also love it with grape jelly on a sandwich.

Creamy for most things, but crunchy for a plain peanut butter sandwich or something similar that was mostly about the peanut butter.

crunchy peanut butter is the best, because it does not stick to knives and it has much more flavor. creamy just feels to weird to me texturally, but i actually used to like it more over crunchy when i was younger. but i do not eat very much peanut butter anyway

I love crunchy peanut butter, but I eat way more creamy peanut butter. It’s almost like I forget crunchy peanut butter is a thing, but when I have it I love it.

Smooth which I'm guessing is creamy, with chunky I just end up spending all day trying to pick bits out of my teeth with my tongue. Plus smooth spreads better on toast.

Smooth which I'm guessing is creamy, with chunky I just end up spending all day trying to pick bits out of my teeth with my tongue. Plus smooth spreads better on toast.
You just need better teeth old chum, chunky rules! :gsd_laughing: Mind you I spread my toast and then wack it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds so it's hot and gooey. So I'm probably not your run of the mill peanut butter connoisseur either. :gsd_happysmile:

Did I just read microwave? :gsd_laughing:
You did, the toaster makes the bread crunchy, but by the time I've put the PB on it's not so hot anymore. So I shove it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds which gets it all hot again without adversely effecting the toastiness to much and has the benefit of making the PB all melty and gooey. However I also Microwave my Milo rather than put the jug on for less than a cup of hot water. Why am I mentioning this, I hear you ask... Well sometimes I accidentally put my toast on for the 2 minutes my Milo takes to get hot and when I take the toast out I have made peanut flavoured rock cookies which are eatable "just", but not quite as tasty. :gsd_laughing:

Last edited:
I just thought of a solution for you, nothing is ever really stuck in your teeth if you have two labs to help you clean them again. :gsd_wink:

You did, the toaster makes the bread crunchy, but by the time I've put the PB on it's not so hot anymore. So I shove it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds which gets it all hot again without adversely effecting the toastiness to much and has the benefit of making the PB all melty and gooey. However I also Microwave my Milo rather than put the jug on for less than a cup of hot water. Why am I mentioning this, I hear you ask... Well sometimes I accidentally put my toast on for the 2 minutes my Milo takes to get hot and when I take the toast out I have made peanut flavoured rock cookies which are eatable "just", but not quite as tasty. :gsd_laughing:
That's why you've got to be a PB ninja as soon as the toaster pops up, and for added ease of spreading you can always run the knife under hot water first. As long as you don't microwave tea, then I suppose I can let you off :gsd_wink:

Back