Ovipositor eggs....what the heck am i doing wrong?

I dont know if i just cant make the gelatin correctly or if the mold is really that bad...i bought a splorch from PH, but i have never been able to get fully formed eggs. The gelatin leaks out and only fills the form halfway. Does anyone recommend a better egg mold..or trips and tricks?
You can also use premade silicone eggs instead of the gelatin ones. I've found a few places where they are sold.

My wife and I are looking at starting our own toy business in the future and one of my ideas is rechargeable, vibrating, Bluetooth eggs.

primalhardware has an instructional video i've followed, and i use knox unflavored gelatin. there might be better stuff to use, but my local grocery has the knox stuff for cheap.

I did try that but the eggs ended up being too dry and cracked at the "seam". the mold is two parts with a small hole at the top to fill (which is surprisingly difficult because of how small it is.

View attachment 292107
Definitely try another gelatin to see if its just the quality of the brand you're using. It could very well be the case.

No knowledge or particular interest in the subject, but for filling molds with small holes a large volume syringe may be handy. I have a variety of them I use on different projects. You likely don't need needles, just a few syringes, can get them at farm stores, pharmacies, etc; may also find some in the baby food or pet section and also in cookware sometimes.

Back