On Intimacy

That link by K9sully does cover it. I would pose though that you may need to switch your view on intimacy. By definition intimacy is a close emotional and physical interpersonal relationship. Animals and humans have sex for different reasons. Romantic intimacy is a human experience that would not be understood by the animal. It would only be for the benefit of the human. Sure you could pretend all you wanted that both parties are benefiting from the experience but it would be just that, pretend. At the end of the day sex is more biological for the animal and more emotional for the human.

There is an interesting thread about it here:

How are you intimate with your animals?
I love touching, petting, smelling, kissing my dog. And I definitely love sleeping with an animal and sharing body heat. It is all quite physical and we both like it for various reasons. The result is at least for me a warm loving feeling that fills me with joy. I guess my dog feels something similar although slightly different.

Do you think zoos should be more intimate?
I think a zoophile (someone with deep emotional and physical (but not necessarily) attachment to their animal) will be quite intimate without having to do it consciously. Someone who just likes to fuck animals but otherwise treats them like furniture will not want to do it anyway.

This is always an interesting topic for me. My German Shepard is very different from a human man. However, I still think we have an intimate relationship even outside of the sexual component. I sometimes make him special food and I look forward to taking him for walks in new places or other places he seems to like. I think he likes to be close to me, even not sexually he likes to be next to me on the couch or the bed. Sharing a space like that is intimate to me.

with a human, it is very different, deep talks, romantic lovemaking and things like that make it a different relationship. However, I don’t really think it is less or more connected than a strong human dog relationship

I still think that having a body part inside me (man or beast) abs then having him ejaculate inside me is an incredibly intimate experience for me. Obviously it creates a connection and a bond. Without that connection I would be happy with just a nice dildo collection ...smile

slow and passionate anal sex with a huge female dog, with her on top so you can look into eachother's eyes, and really enjoy the moment together.

Honestly, sex you really really enjoy is intimate no matter who it's with. Can't really help it.

This is a great topic! The way I am intimate with my dog is letting him lick in my mouth, just cuddling with him on the couch his head resting on my when I game......though that last one usually leads to licking and it is distracting and more sexy time than romantic o_O

But really, just holding him and licking on the face and mouth, it is the best both before, after or with no sex. Also to be more crass and less romantic, picking up his shit I feel shows my dedication in a less romantic but intimate way :cautious:

I'd love to be intimate with a pig again. No sex necessary; just touching, kissing, even friendly games and roughhousing. 🐷💕

I guess folks are only going to be as intimate as they desire, though. I know an animal can't appreciate romance on a human level but they can sure still enjoy it all the same.

I think that a lot of zoos talk about sex with their animals, but I rarely see anything about intimacy. By intimacy, I mean romantic intimacy. How are you intimate with your animals? Do you think zoos should be more intimate? How do I be more intimate?
interesting question but i think that intimacy is achieved when your dog is deep inside you and you are both enjoying it. i started enjoying dogs at early age and love it now and yes, feel it is intimate in the most intimate way

I would like to say that I believe me and Samson have a very intimate/romantic relationship. I think of him as my partner and lover. I throughly embraces the idea of us being in a relationship and it just made the whole experience so much better. It’s not just about the sex with us. We often just cuddle, play with each other, and just kiss. It’s a wonderful experience and I definitely recommend it.

interesting question but i think that intimacy is achieved when your dog is deep inside you and you are both enjoying it. i started enjoying dogs at early age and love it now and yes, feel it is intimate in the most intimate way
Agreed if you have the right connection to the dog and you both trust each other it has to be intimate
I would like to say that I believe me and Samson have a very intimate/romantic relationship. I think of him as my partner and lover. I throughly embraces the idea of us being in a relationship and it just made the whole experience so much better. It’s not just about the sex with us. We often just cuddle, play with each other, and just kiss. It’s a wonderful experience and I definitely recommend it.
i was hoping to hear more women input.
I believe that also when your on same page together it is wonderful

I personally disagree, yet at the same time I feel the same way, sorta. He's my lover and partner, definitely, and I love him and pamper and cuddle him like crazy. Yet I don't view him as a romantic partner. He's probably my closest friend, but I can't say I'd marry him, et cetera, if possible. Though that might just be because I think you can be very intimate with friends without it being a romantic relationship.

Back