Obscure animal genital facts

lustykitten

Tourist
Was in a interesting discussion about animal facts and it got me wondering
What facts about animal genitalia/mating habits do people know and want to share? Be it common or obscure

I love the way it's worded

Boar smegma smells terrible (ahem wonderful) but the semen itself (including gel plug) is actually pretty inert, odorless/flavorless. And yes, they really do drill/auger their penises into the receiver instead of using their bodies to thrust. My sow's vulva plumps up so huge when she's near farrowing that it looks vacuum pumped. Both mares and stallions can form beans (smegma). My dane mix loves having his perineum rubbed like a bitch would feel pleasure where her vulva was, so he has a lingering secondary sex characteristic there that never falls to get him knotting in the sheath. The anal gland secretions of some dogs forms a waxy paste on their anus that, I suspect, serves the purpose of helping keep fecal material from drying out and irritating the skin there. Dolphins have a prehensile penis that I'm told is dexterous as a hand but I think in practice works more like a tongue. The inupiat word for bacuulum is usrukk. Pyreneese and mastiffs often have blunt-headed cocks (we have another thread about this). When in doubt about finding the clitoris on a new species you have no experience with, look for something that resembles the head of the penis of the male. I could go on. From cloacal kisses to... nah its 0400. I'll show myself out lol.

My dane mix loves having his perineum rubbed like a bitch would feel pleasure where her vulva was, so he has a lingering secondary sex characteristic there that never falls to get him knotting in the sheath.
many male dogs like getting their perineum rubbed, the tether that ends with their penis goes through there. close enough to their skin that you can feel it with your fingers in many dogs (especially in more slender ones). nothing to do with "lingering secondary sex characteristics". i bet it feels very similar to how masturbation feels to us considering the tether is probably the most sensitive "button" they have.

That hadn't even occurred to me yet. Thanks nekdoneco! He is indeed very thin, lanky. Even looks gaunt up against my stocky chubby pit and big proud barrel-chested pyr/ano. Leanest dog in the pack, typical dane build. Its one thing I dislike about danes, they never fill out. Eats fried chicken, rice, pizza etc. with the rest of 'em but never gains the extra thicc like they do. No wonder his tethers up close to the surface. Kept his slender figure his whole life. My chunky mastiff girl must be sooo jealous, lmao. Damned if he doesn't have the big ol' low hangin bull-dane balls tho. Another anatomical feature he loves played with. That dog just relishes touch all over back there! Quickest way to his heart and a hard knot ❤️

Maybe so, but I still absolutely love opossums and their anatomy
Opossums stink:
"The best way to remove the horrid opossum smell is to get rid of the opossum itself."
Banned. :D

Here we will explore true facts about the duck... 🤣

Only 3% of birds have penises, the duck is among that 3%.

Fun fact, the female duck has evolved the vagina to twist in the opposing direction to how a male develops, apparent because ducks get ... Rapey...

Lions have been documented having intercourse up to 50 times per day. Much more stamina than humans (and more efficient nut capacity, as well as shorter refraction periods).

Female Hyenas have a psuedo penis that "swallows" the male penis during sex.
The vagina of a mare is near identical to the human vagina but with a larger clit and larger internal capacity.
A pig's orgasm can last for at least 30 minutes.
Nearly all bonobos are bisexual and 75% of bonobo sex is for fun.
Elephants have a prehensile penis they can use as a fifth leg and weighs around 30kg.
Male dolphins that live in the Amazon river have been known to penetrate each other's blowholes. Female bottlenose dolphins have used their bottle-shaped snouts as dildoes on other females.

Back