Obligatory forum: what are you listening to thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Furboy Strummer

What type of music do you like? What are you listening to now? Etc.

I've recently been obsessed with original rock and roll and rockabilly, both modern and classic. Formerly been a punk purist.

Open to pretty much anything with a good beat. Even better with relatable or fun lyrics. I tend to mostly listen to punk rock, punk pop and a little bit of metal, lighter metal, not too much screaming, just a good guitar.
I will avoid rap like the trash it is. R and B, jazz, and hip hop are right up there with some exceptions. Todays top artists aren't all that great but some older stuff from people with talent is okay in moderation.

Open to pretty much anything with a good beat. Even better with relatable or fun lyrics. I tend to mostly listen to punk rock, punk pop and a little bit of metal, lighter metal, not too much screaming, just a good guitar.
I will avoid rap like the trash it is. R and B, jazz, and hip hop are right up there with some exceptions. Todays top artists aren't all that great but some older stuff from people with talent is okay in moderation.
If it's not an intrusion, how old(even ballpark) are you? I found my interest in punk waning as I got older and replacing itself with rockabilly. Not sure if it's my version of a midlife crisis or if that's the general progression. Had a conversation once where the person I was talking to indicated it was a common progression.

As far as rap....I have mixed feelings. Mainstream, for the most part I tend to dislike, but the more underground, more political and socially conscious(or "woke" as the kids today are apparently saying) stuff I'm ok with....

I won't ball park my age just for over protection but I can tell you I've been listing to punk, rock and metal for at least 10 years. It doesn't fade with all people. I was never a full on metal head with black band tees going to concerts and drinking all night. I just enjoy it for its lyrics. Lyrics of past troubles, thinking about quitting but pushing through, loss, and what ever else.

I won't ball park my age just for over protection but I can tell you I've been listing to punk, rock and metal for at least 10 years. It doesn't fade with all people. I was never a full on metal head with black band tees going to concerts and drinking all night. I just enjoy it for its lyrics. Lyrics of past troubles, thinking about quitting but pushing through, loss, and what ever else.
Yeah, I still get the urge to go back and listen to bands I like occasionally, so hasn't faded completely, but the looking into new bands and involvement in the community definitely has.

I love how empowering punk and metal can be for those very type of lyrics. Years ago, a metalhead friend shared an article about a study that showed people who listened to metal tended to be more psychologically well-balanced than those who didn't.

Yeah, I still get the urge to go back and listen to bands I like occasionally, so hasn't faded completely, but the looking into new bands and involvement in the community definitely has.

I love how empowering punk and metal can be for those very type of lyrics. Years ago, a metalhead friend shared an article about a study that showed people who listened to metal tended to be more psychologically well-balanced than those who didn't.
Interesting article. I am pretty well balanced. Well, I mean I haven't lashed out at anyone despite any stresses or triggers... The music is empowering, some people fear it so it gives an added bonus.

Cool. This thread has nothing to do with being a musician and is not about artists that start with a specific letter nor music specifically for relaxation purposes, just general enjoyment.

What type of music do you like? What are you listening to now? Etc.

I've recently been obsessed with original rock and roll and rockabilly, both modern and classic. Formerly been a punk purist.
Another duplicate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back