Normal or not

Do you consider yourself so be normal besides the Zoo part?

• completely normal

Votes: 47 22.2%
  • normal

Votes: 35 16.5%
  • slightly unusual

Votes: 68 32.1%
  • weird af

Votes: 35 16.5%
  • fucked up

Votes: 27 12.7%

• Total voters
I'm a furry, but even with that, normal people are weirder than me. So I had to vote "completely normal" since "boring af" wasn't an option.

Voted slightly unusual, because I do not fit alot of prejudices, and my coworkers often say, that iam surprisingly strange. Iam a german male carpenter, but I do not drink any alcohol, do not smoke, iam not interested in cars or soccer. I have a relatively high degree, have one or two unusual Hobbys (like collecting mushrooms on an expert level, or reading real, physical books), and have a quite minimalistic lifestyle.
All things not very typical for a person with my gender, age and profession.

But I still think iam pretty normal, I do not consider myself very special. I just do not pay mutch attention to things that are not necessary, what makes me kind of... Boring I guess🤔

Not. I'm well adjusted to the fact that I'm completely out of my mind and I'll use that to drive me until the end.
Good end, Bad end, Who knows? That's the fun in life.

If societal standards are what we're using to measure normality, there are many, many more reasons besides the fact that I'm zoo that I would be considered pretty messed up.

What is normal at this point? Waking up at 6 for your 8 to 5 job, having a vanilla af sex life, your best hobby is sleeping? I'd consider myself pretty normal then, but like a Batman scenario where I have a totally different life outside of what society sees 👀

This might be a weird poll but do you thing your normal besides the zoo part?
The word "normal" is a huge pet peeve of mine. In medicine, I try to never use that word alone, but instead use "within normal limits," indicating that for pretty much all things there is a "spectrum" within which "normal" falls. I consider myself to be highly functional, AND I have seen enough to know that I fall well within the "normal' societal limits.

I've been told more than once by zoo friends that I'm socially overly conventional. I think non-zoos also perceive me as rather conservative. As for my self-perception ... I only know how it is to be me, not someone else, so I appear quite normal to myself, too. 🤷‍♂️

I chose slightly unusual. Not only because I’m a zoo, but I have many other qualities that would considered… unique. 😂

Back