My girl went into heat for the first time last night!

Ebonstar

Tourist
So, I've been wondering if this was ever going to happen. My saluki bitch finally is in heat at the age of 2 years plus a month. Most dogs go far earlier, but I've heard this breed can be late for their first.

I woke up to find blood spots on the bed sheets. Checked her pussy and sure enough a big bloody glob was hiding in the folds. So I grabbed a tissue and cleaned her up. Now I'm not sure what to expect. I figure at some point she'll get really horny. She has always enjoyed a good finger rubbing, but I've been noticing that increasing lately. She'll park her rear next to my fingers and wait for it. Now though, that pussy is three times bigger and very tender looking. She hasn't shown herself to be horny at all yet. But presumably this lasts a few weeks? It's the first time I've had a bitch in heat ever, so this is all new.

IMG_20200309_142711.jpg

2 years seems kind of late for a heat cycle. But she should become horny pretty quickly. Also, wow your girl is rare and beautiful!
Thanks. Yeah, my breeder told me sometimes they can wait till the age of three. He also said that they seem to be able to delay their heat cycle to when they believe conditions are ideal for having pups.

I have found myself to be slightly underprepared for this heat cycle, as she is dribbling blood all over my floor. I tried putting girl's undies on with a hole for the tail but it slipped off. I may have to get creative this round.

They are indeed rare and an ancient breed dating back several thousand years. One of the original four dog breeds.

Here is a more flattering photo.
tjh5bi2.png

So, I've been wondering if this was ever going to happen. My saluki bitch finally is in heat at the age of 2 years plus a month. Most dogs go far earlier, but I've heard this breed can be late for their first.

I woke up to find blood spots on the bed sheets. Checked her pussy and sure enough a big bloody glob was hiding in the folds. So I grabbed a tissue and cleaned her up. Now I'm not sure what to expect. I figure at some point she'll get really horny. She has always enjoyed a good finger rubbing, but I've been noticing that increasing lately. She'll park her rear next to my fingers and wait for it. Now though, that pussy is three times bigger and very tender looking. She hasn't shown herself to be horny at all yet. But presumably this lasts a few weeks? It's the first time I've had a bitch in heat ever, so this is all new.

IMG_20200309_142711.jpg
even
When she flags you she will be ready to rock and roll you ie about day eleven after her first blood mucus goes most clear enjoy

even
When she flags you she will be ready to rock and roll you ie about day eleven after her first blood mucus goes most clear enjoy

I very much doubt I'd fit. We've had some trouble with insertion which I've mentioned in a different thread. I can't seem to get my finger past the vestibule because there's a really tight spot she feels very uncomfortable with me pressing against. I'm kind of hoping that being in heat gets her to open up. But at best, I'll probably only be able to begin dilator training. I can't imagine she'd be able to go from not even a finger to full mating without some serious stretching exercises.

Oh, and how long does the red discharge last? She's been dripping randomly on my floor all day. lol

Indeed I noticed that just now as well. Sadly, by the time I order something online and it arrives, this whole thing will be over. lol

I may just have to deal with the bloody spotting around the house, banish her from my bed (for now) and so on until this one is over. Supposedly, she's supposed to go into heat once a year or something.

At the moment, I suspect she's just kinda 'wtf' about the whole bloody pussy thing. I haven't seen her cleaning herself at all yet, and she doesn't seem interested in her usual pussy rubbing at all, which I provide semi-regularly. I suppose that means there's phases to this thing in terms of how interested she is in stimulation.

Idk how Saluki are on it but it is possible, old breeds and wolves may have one longer heat instead of two.
True thought. Although the process of regulation of reproduction is somewhat more complicated, and has a number of nuances.

I very much doubt I'd fit. We've had some trouble with insertion which I've mentioned in a different thread. I can't seem to get my finger past the vestibule because there's a really tight spot she feels very uncomfortable with me pressing against. I'm kind of hoping that being in heat gets her to open up. But at best, I'll probably only be able to begin dilator training. I can't imagine she'd be able to go from not even a finger to full mating without some serious stretching exercises.

Oh, and how long does the red discharge last? She's been dripping randomly on my floor all day. lol
mmm yes thats the point of 11th day after start she will be more relaxed in side more receptive be matter of just gentle touch and she will flag she will open up but whether enough for you but would change if she has a litter ... enjoy

mmm yes thats the point of 11th day after start she will be more relaxed in side more receptive be matter of just gentle touch and she will flag she will open up but whether enough for you but would change if she has a litter ... enjoy
I assume 'flagging' is lifting the tail?

This is a fascinating transition. We've got a lot of experience just me giving her rubs, which she enjoys and humps my hand. She'll ask for a rubbing by parking her rear by my hand, hoping I will take the hint. Often, if it's a bad time, I will just giver her normal pets and tell her she's a good girl, then ignore the request. But as much as she likes rubs, she doesn't like inserting and won't let me get past the vestibule with a finger. Passageway is very very small and she gets real uncomfortable if I press. Even still, she gets very excited afterward and does zoomies.

Still, it's rare I even try. Mostly, it's rubbing. But now, her attitude seems to be shifting. She's not at all asking for anything and she seems to think the whole poofy bloody pussy is very strange. She also seems more tolerant of just sitting there letting me pet her, where often she gets tired of that like a cat would and gets up to lay down somewhere else. Salukis are very aloof dogs.

I have to keep reminding myself that this is not like a human period, which usually means grouchy and tender. Today is day two since the first spotting, so I'll be continuing to monitor her changes closely. It's all very new to me, though I'm sure a lot of you have been through this many times. With luck, there will be a point where she lets me insert a silicone dilator past the vestibule. If that works, we can see just how tight she is. I'm not going to hold my breath that I could fit. That would take a miracle. But I know someone on Telegram who has a bitch that is built the same as mine and he fits. So I suppose anything is possible.

I may just have to deal with the bloody spotting around the house, banish her from my bed (for now) and so on until this one is over. Supposedly, she's supposed to go into heat once a year or something.

At the moment, I suspect she's just kinda 'wtf' about the whole bloody pussy thing. I haven't seen her cleaning herself at all yet, and she doesn't seem interested in her usual pussy rubbing at all
Yeah if that's her first heat, don't put underwear on her. Eventually she is gonna clean up herself in the second or third heat.
Also.. I would recommend to not try to penetrate her or insert anything big on her first heat. Let her get used to it and on the second heat she will know what is happening to her.

Last edited:
Yeah if that's her first heat, don't put underwear on her. Eventually she is gonna clean up herself in the second or third heat.
Also.. I would recommend to not try to penetrate her or insert anything big on her first heat. Let her get used to it and on the second heat she will know what is happening to her.
This breed goes into heat maybe once a year. She's already 2 years old plus a month. IIRC most bitches have first heat around six months, where they are essentially still puppies and not suitable for breeding. But would you still advise the same for a 2 year old?

This breed goes into heat maybe once a year. She's already 2 years old plus a month. IIRC most bitches have first heat around six months, where they are essentially still puppies and not suitable for breeding. But would you still advise the same for a 2 year old?
Yes, I personally advise this, because it still is her first heat. That's something she's never experienced before. I'd first give her the time to experience the first one, but I really don't know about dogs that come into heat that late. Maybe you also could watch her behaviour and see if she is irritated by you trying to have something sexual with her during that time now.

Thanks. Yeah, my breeder told me sometimes they can wait till the age of three. He also said that they seem to be able to delay their heat cycle to when they believe conditions are ideal for having pups.

I have found myself to be slightly underprepared for this heat cycle, as she is dribbling blood all over my floor. I tried putting girl's undies on with a hole for the tail but it slipped off. I may have to get creative this round.

They are indeed rare and an ancient breed dating back several thousand years. One of the original four dog breeds.

Here is a more flattering photo.
tjh5bi2.png
Beautiful lady, I used old boxers with my put her tail through the flap safety pinned the excess waist material.

Yes, I personally advise this, because it still is her first heat. That's something she's never experienced before. I'd first give her the time to experience the first one, but I really don't know about dogs that come into heat that late. Maybe you also could watch her behaviour and see if she is irritated by you trying to have something sexual with her during that time now.

So far she seems slightly less interested in touching. I do have to clean her regularly, due to the blood, but she doesn't seem to take it as a sexual thing like when I used to give her good rubbings and she'd hump my hand.

After cleaning her today, I gave her some oral to test the waters. She didn't object but I didn't see any indication at all of what she thought of it.

I think the biggest change I've seen so far in terms of her behavior is that she's less aloof and puts up with gentle petting and cuddles more than before. If I had to put a term to it, I'd say she feels like she's becoming slightly more mature through the process.

For doggy girls that arent generally big enough for your girth it means that in heat you will hit her bottom(the vestibule/vaginal sphincter you mentioned about) more easily and the sex is propably less pleasurable than off heat. If she was large enough then you would get deeper inside her more easy and also bast the vaginal sphincter. As saluki have very narrow hips i would guess this is the problem. Even with dogs like golden retriever its not guaranteed that an average male will fit through her vaginal sphincter. Her having puppies usually removes this problem completely even with smaller dogs.

Otherwise - what a sexy girl you got there :)

If she was large enough then you would get deeper inside her more easy and also bast the vaginal sphincter.
The vaginal sphincter does not interfere with the penetration of the human penis. You must have a knot in order to get jumble. The interfering fold is not a sphincter, it is a common misconception. The cavernous body of the sphincter is located before the fold.
In fact, the fold is quite elastic. You will not be able to damage her penis or fingers.

The vaginal sphincter does not interfere with the penetration of the human penis. You must have a knot in order to get jumble. The interfering fold is not a sphincter, it is a common misconception. The cavernous body of the sphincter is located before the fold.
In fact, the fold is quite elastic. You will not be able to damage her penis or fingers.
That sounds different from what I've felt.

When I get to the end of the vestibule, I feel what seems like a thin membrane with a hole in the center. The hole seems mostly inflexible, as in, unable to dilate. I cannot push my finger past this without causing her to try and disengage out of discomfort. Yet afterward, she is quite happy. I am unsure what this membrane is. I don't recall ever feeling anything that seemed like a 'fold'.

That sounds different from what I've felt.

When I get to the end of the vestibule, I feel what seems like a thin membrane with a hole in the center. The hole seems mostly inflexible, as in, unable to dilate. I cannot push my finger past this without causing her to try and disengage out of discomfort. Yet afterward, she is quite happy. I am unsure what this membrane is. I don't recall ever feeling anything that seemed like a 'fold'.
This is normal. =)
You have just repeated 98% of the descriptions. Word by word. It is also often called the "muscle ring". And of particular concern is the fact that it pulsates ... =)
Just use your fingers, and follow the dog’s reaction.

Female dogs do not have a full hymen. Some have vestigial residues. For some, they form “commissures,” as is customary in Russian.
Sometimes in English literature "commissures" are designated as hymen. The issue is debatable, but this point of view has the right to life. In any case, the normal fold is not hymen, and remains throughout life. With frequent knitting, its elasticity increases, with a long absence, it worsens.
The fold is highlighted in green, the sphincter body is red. Endoscopy is normal, and endoscopy "adhesions".

Attachments

• 64486.jpg
    64486.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 243
  • 5639.jpg
    5639.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 229
  • 655.jpg
    655.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 191
This is normal. =)
You have just repeated 98% of the descriptions. Word by word. It is also often called the "muscle ring". And of particular concern is the fact that it pulsates ... =)
Just use your fingers, and follow the dog’s reaction.
her reaction was to say no by raising a leg and trying to disengage. But this was before heat.
Now that she is in heat, I will wait a week or so and see if she begins to get aroused. Perhaps this will help her relax and I'll be able to get a whole finger in.

Day 5 now. Last night was rather bloody. I brought her in from being outside and tried to put panties on. But when I picked her up to keep her from rushing into the house, there was a spray of blood landing on the floor. Must have been from clenching in preparation for being picked up. I'm finding tiny red drops all over now. Lesson learned for the *next* heat, I am definitely going to get a proper pair of bitches britches made for her.

She seems to be willing to clean herself up now, which is an improvement over earlier in the week when she did nothing of the sort. I still haven't tried putting a finger in there because I don't know how sensitive it is and I don't want to cause discomfort while things are in the middle of changing.

Her pussy is pretty huge compared to the tiny thing it was before. Though I realize that swollen vulva does not equal enlarged vagina necessarily. I've read some of you say that a bitch in heat is actually TIGHTER than normal. And she's pretty tight.

Overall, her general mood seems to be good. She's far more tolerant of cuddles than before the heat, where her typical saluki "aloof like a cat" behavior was dominant. I can actually cuddle with her and she seems to enjoy it. Also, I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but her body temperature seems higher. Like just to the touch she seems warmer. Perhaps this is one reason it's called "heat"? Is that normal?

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses. I know heat lasts for 2-3 weeks, so hopefully she won't be leaking blood all over the place that whole time. Looking forward to next week when supposedly she will begin to get horny! I've already given her a bit of oral after cleaning up and I have to say, her pussy is far more enjoyable to lick than before. I imagine larger breeds are really something when this happens. I'm still somewhat hopeful that all of this will result in her being not only able but willing to engage in mating at some point. I had about written her off in terms of that ever being possible, since I could not even get a finger past the vestibule sphincter, so what hope could I possibly have with a penis? But time will tell whether her body changes enough to allow it.

Vaginal what? Goddamn, this is way more complicated than sex ed 101! Can some dumb this down by about 3 notches so a simpleton like me can understand what is being said? Yes, I googled it and all I got was some medical/scientific jargon.

Vaginal what? Goddamn, this is way more complicated than sex ed 101! Can some dumb this down by about 3 notches so a simpleton like me can understand what is being said? Yes, I googled it and all I got was some medical/scientific jargon.
If you put your finger in a dog's pussy, you get to a spot where it is really tight about 2 inches in.
After this, the pussy tube keeps going. But we were talking about whether being in heat will make her relax this tight spot so that it's possible to get past it.

Back