Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Meh, they join me but dont pay much attention to the TV

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No, they leave the room the second the TV turns on

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ZetaMachine

Tourist
Have you ever been watching TV and it seems like your pet is watching the show with you? I wanted to ask if its happens often to anyone else or if there's a specific show your pet will pay particular attention too.

I guess it depends on what is currently on my TV. Usually it's not the picture that intrigues my doggy girls, it's usually the sound. If they hear other dogs then they'll pay attention. If they hear weird sounds like buzzing, high pitched noises, and long continuous tones they'll pay attention. My girls are almost always in the same room as me though, often less that 10 feet away.

My TV is always on as background noise, so my boy doesn't pay any attention to it.

I do remember once back in 0-something I was watching Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe with one of my cats sleeping on my lap. There was a scene where the wolfs howled while chasing the children and it made my cat's head suddenly snap up and look around.

Mine will climb up to cuddle while I’m watching tv, but he has no interest in it. Though he sometimes perks up if he hears a doorbell through the tv and thinks it’s real.

My girl had no interest in the TV itself. She is although a very snuggly dog, and will cuddle up to me any chance she gets. So if I’m on the couch or in bed watching a movie, chance are she is too.

Back