Monkeypox Virus in Dogs

lisalaura

Tourist
Hey all

So i've been reading that there have been the first possible cases of human to dog transmissions of the Monkeypox Virus.

Should i be concerned about my health, and the health of my dog? Or other dogs i'm having conact with?

Greetings
L.

• Haha
Reactions: Aka
I would say personally as someone who isnt a scientist, I don't see any reason to be concerned unless you feel like you or someone near you has the virus. It trasmits through respritory droplets and bodily fluids so i again wouldnt be concerned unless youre near or with someone who has been exhibiting flu like symptoms or has monkey pox rash, but to air on the side of caution you could wear masks to minimize that respritory contact with potential infected people and avoid doing things that mean bumping or transmitting anything with another person who you arent sure doesnt have the virus. Also i suggest looking up your infection rates to see if your in an area where many people have the virus. <3

• Haha
Reactions: Aka
I would say personally as someone who isnt a scientist, I don't see any reason to be concerned unless you feel like you or someone near you has the virus. It trasmits through respritory droplets and bodily fluids so i again wouldnt be concerned unless youre near or with someone who has been exhibiting flu like symptoms or has monkey pox rash, but to air on the side of caution you could wear masks to minimize that respritory contact with potential infected people and avoid doing things that mean bumping or transmitting anything with another person who you arent sure doesnt have the virus. Also i suggest looking up your infection rates to see if your in an area where many people have the virus. <3
Umm, that's just plain wrong. It's not transmitted through any respiratory means, and certainly not through brief or casual contact. It's only spread through prolonged contact with *erupting* lesions. Lesions which under normal circumstances only erupt when aggressively irritated with prolonged contact.

That's why it's spreading so much through the casual hookup gay community. Sex involves prolonged and repeated motion, which aggravates the lesions and allows contact with their discharge.

Even living in a house with someone infected has an extremely low risk of transmission, without taking any measure of "quarantine" precautions.

Umm, that's just plain wrong. It's not transmitted through any respiratory means, and certainly not through brief or casual contact. It's only spread through prolonged contact with *erupting* lesions. Lesions which under normal circumstances only erupt when aggressively irritated with prolonged contact.

That's why it's spreading so much through the casual hookup gay community. Sex involves prolonged and repeated motion, which aggravates the lesions and allows contact with their discharge.

Even living in a house with someone infected has an extremely low risk of transmission, without taking any measure of "quarantine" precautions.
I was quoting the article and monkeypox can actually be spread through close face to face respiratory contact and living in close quarters with someone can transmit the disease and you are actually at a higher risk of contracting it through spending time with someone who has it especially living in the same house as them and the CDC reccommends wearing a mask near someone who you think is infected to minimize that contact. I was trying to really touch on the topics addressed in the article they linked as i assumed it was the only one they read, and i agree with what you said as it is mainly only contracted through leisons that erupt which is why i said to avoid bumping or transmitting fluids...my wording was poor but i dont see how i was plain wrong🤨

Okay. The reason that it spread in the gay community wasn't because we are all sluts like straightworld likes to promote.

It spread in the gay community because it made its debut at the same time gay festivals, gay cruises, and gay camp grounds were in full swing and close quarters.

I'm not saying this because I am offended, I like being an ethical slut. But its dangerous to straight people to check off something as a gay disease.

Due to shifts in public and generational views with things like open relationships, polyamory, and more openly bisexual people, straight women are one of the fastest growing demographics in the Poz population.

The don't get there same safe sex messaging that gays get, and don't even get informed about PrEP or PEP being an option. Because all that money goes to the gay community because of the gay disease label.

Get the monkey pox vaccine.

Okay. The reason that it spread in the gay community wasn't because we are all sluts like straightworld likes to promote.
The so called "gay community" falls mostly under "slut". Even myself, not feeling so, I'd still label myself as slut cause in my life I have been with no less that two guys purely by sexual drive. Let alone those who fucked two or three digits...
It spread in the gay community because it made its debut at the same time gay festivals, gay cruises, and gay camp grounds were in full swing and close quarters.
I very seldom hear of hetero festivals, hetero cruises and hetero camp grouds where you can expect fucking like minks, no "hi" needed...
I'm not saying this because I am offended, I like being an ethical slut. But its dangerous to straight people to check off something as a gay disease.
There is not such thing as a gay disease, but presently, people on the gay community, with high rotation, are risk population in the same way professional drivers are more prone to get into a traffic jam.
Due to shifts in public and generational views with things like open relationships, polyamory, and more openly bisexual people, straight women are one of the fastest growing demographics in the Poz population.
For sure. Anyone with the same "fucking is like shaking hands, just without using your hands" attitude will get the same results.
The don't get there same safe sex messaging that gays get, and don't even get informed about PrEP or PEP being an option. Because all that money goes to the gay community because of the gay disease label.
It took decades and HIV to convince the gay community about safe sex (And nowadays even gay population is taking less precautions) With some luck others will learn faster from past experience *hopes*
Get the monkey pox vaccine.
Amen to that!

The so called "gay community" falls mostly under "slut". Even myself, not feeling so, I'd still label myself as slut cause in my life I have been with no less that two guys purely by sexual drive. Let alone those who fucked two or three digits...

I very seldom hear of hetero festivals, hetero cruises and hetero camp grouds where you can expect fucking like minks, no "hi" needed...

There is not such thing as a gay disease, but presently, people on the gay community, with high rotation, are risk population in the same way professional drivers are more prone to get into a traffic jam.

For sure. Anyone with the same "fucking is like shaking hands, just without using your hands" attitude will get the same results.

It took decades and HIV to convince the gay community about safe sex (And nowadays even gay population is taking less precautions) With some luck others will learn faster from past experience *hopes*

Amen to that!
I think straight people have just as much sex, they just are sneakier. Most of the cars at the rural park by my house are people having affairs.

Monkey pox isn't sexually transmitted. it proximity to the sores. So hot tubs, small swimming pools and tight quarters with a group that is huggy, lacks personal bubbles, and family unit is gonna be a target for Pox. Sex or not.

Heteronormative spaces tend to be larger, more spread out, and the tend to couple up, family up, and aren't a huggy, touchy feely..

We use hankies. They use pineapples.

Yes. We are an odd civilization. An species that needs phisical contact to be social, and there, we touch someone on the bus and hurry to excuse ourselves. We do not hug strangers.... Odd.

About almost the only situation with close skin contact is... sex. That is why monkey pox was saud to be sexually transmitted even if that is fsr from true

The situation I see, hetero there is plenty of fucking certainly, but more occasionally as in closed circles (couple exchange for instance) and occasional escapade or private orgy maybe.(?)

Not usual to find hetero dark rooms in sex shops or the lady in miniskirt waiting for a willing passingby in a city park as I usually find guys.

And yes, that is the reason why, besides gay, prostitutes were the other hard beaten by VIH before they learned not to condone condom use.

Back