Miniatur cows

I have been thinking about getting some miniature cows and wonder if anyone has any experience raising them. I hear they are easier to take care of and of course you can keep more of them than full sized cattle on the same sized land.
Also what are their heat cycles and gestation period compared to full sized cattle. Not really looking at them as a partner, just wanting to raise them for dairy for my family. Of course who knows, one day something may happen, but that's not my plans as of now.

Glad to know that I'm not the only one trying to make the adventure into minis. I have no experience with them but I do have more than enough experience with the regular sized bovines. As far as I know the heat cycles and gestation periods will be the same except for I'm sure they are later maturing and should be bred later than normal heifers (not 100% sure on that but from what I have seen others say)
Feel free to PM me, I am actively looking/researching myself and always trying to expand my knowledge on the subject

Back