Merry Christmas All

Merry Christmas!
As for the thigh bone, it's for the best. The smoked bones sold in grocery stores and pet stores are bad. Its been exposed to heat so it will splinter when chewed and cause damage to the intestinal tract. Damage in terms of punctures, rips and tears.
This also goes for any type of prepacked and processed bone such as those ''marrow bones'' prefilled with peanut butter.
Weight bearing bones of big animals are very hard and can break or chip teeth if you have a dog that is an aggressive or heavy chewer. Raw bones from a freshly slaughtered animal are good for dogs but they need to be things like ribs, tarsals/carpals, tails, or necks from small animals like birds and small animals---duck, chickens, rabbits, squirrels.

Was going to get him his annual thigh bone, but the damn store was sold out! Oh well he seems to dig this chew. 🍖
View attachment 222171

Merry Christmas!
As for the thigh bone, it's for the best. The smoked bones sold in grocery stores and pet stores are bad. Its been exposed to heat so it will splinter when chewed and cause damage to the intestinal tract. Damage in terms of punctures, rips and tears.
This also goes for any type of prepacked and processed bone such as those ''marrow bones'' prefilled with peanut butter.
Weight bearing bones of big animals are very hard and can break or chip teeth if you have a dog that is an aggressive or heavy chewer. Raw bones from a freshly slaughtered animal are good for dogs but they need to be things like ribs, tarsals/carpals, tails, or necks from small animals like birds and small animals---duck, chickens, rabbits, squirrels.
I completely agree! I watch him very closely every time I got him one of those in the past. You are right though, probably for the best.

I completely agree! I watch him very closely every time I got him one of those in the past. You are right though, probably for the best.
I bought one of my dogs a big huge knuckle bone without even thinking about it being smoked. took my dog all of 5 minutes to have it in three pieces, one of which was small enough to swallow but the dog I gave it too is known to not swallow random things.

Back