Mental, Physical, and Spiritual Connection With Your Lover

QuantumHusky

Citizen of Zooville
I actually got a mail on this forum asking me what I meant in a post by having a connection at a spiritual level. I was wondering if anyone else has had this same experience as myself. My girl and I have an extremely strong connection. I would say there is definitely separation anxiety on both sides. That aside from the point I have this feeling that I cant explain its almost like a physical connection when im not near her. Its really hard to explain. When we look in each others eyes and kiss, or she comes over and puts her paws across my chest, or we rest our heads on each others the bond becomes stronger. It just feels like a spiritual entanglement I know there is probably some logical explanation as to this e.g. chemicals in her brain and mine are being released but maybe there is more to it. Let me know if I am the only one or if there are others that have experienced this deep level of love that has evolved into something seemingly spiritual.

no, you are not the only one, with the mare I had before it was as you describe, every time we saw each other when I arrived and the last look when I left, the mutual presence seemed what we most wanted, we often slept together under a tree , many times I under her leaning on her hindquarters, or the times she leaned on me and fell asleep, a confidence born in a second with the first glance that we are given a distant day, every time I saw and touched her it seemed I understood everything about her, and unfortunately even if it seems only something "mystical and inexplicable" it was like this until the end ... it is not easy to explain such a thing, but who has been through it can understand it.

no, you are not the only one, with the mare I had before it was as you describe, every time we saw each other when I arrived and the last look when I left, the mutual presence seemed what we most wanted, we often slept together under a tree , many times I under her leaning on her hindquarters, or the times she leaned on me and fell asleep, a confidence born in a second with the first glance that we are given a distant day, every time I saw and touched her it seemed I understood everything about her, and unfortunately even if it seems only something "mystical and inexplicable" it was like this until the end ... it is not easy to explain such a thing, but who has been through it can understand it.
Never is easy to explain. Best way I can explain its is almost like being in there mind. You both know how each other will ack or are feeling most of the time. It also helps knowing you have a tail every were you go.

Never is easy to explain. Best way I can explain its is almost like being in there mind. You both know how each other will ack or are feeling most of the time. It also helps knowing you have a tail every were you go.
Yeah buddy it is almost like you are in each others mind. To the fact that you can tell when there is something wrong and she can also tell (he if your lover is a male) It goes so deep that sometimes you can tell something is wrong even if you are away.

I'm not 100% sure that I would call it a spiritual connection. I just know that I really really really love my newfie girl, and she really really really loves me back. I will always put as much effort into caring for both my girls as humanly possible because they are worth every ounce of love I can squeeze out of myself.

There's nothing more pure than snuggling up with one another and releasing oxytocin and dopamine at the same time. When I'm snuggling with my girls it's good chemicals and good chemistry all around. But I believe that what drives us, chemicals. Remove these chemicals and we would become emotionless robots, horrific science experiments have been done on rats that shows this. They lost all emotions and even lost the will to eat. They had food right in front of them, but without the chemical motivators they wouldn't even touch it. The mind truly is a crazy thing.

Last edited:
I had a connection like this with a male cat. It was probably the same thing normal people call love for each other. He had my complete trust, I knew he would not hurt me and I can trust him. He would come to me for help when he got hurt, we had a deep understanding for each other. It was like we always knew exactly what the other one is going to do. We slept together and he would always come to me to snuggle. He taught me everything I know about cat language. Unlike with other cats that I just do not completely trust. The relationship was non sexual but I absolutely loved him. Sadly I lost him due to incurable illness. I have not had a relationship like that with an animal since.

i had this sort of connection with my late boy and it's something i can't explain. maybe it is (well, was..) what "normal" people describe as love? he did give me "butterflies" anytime my eyes laid on him... he'd sleep with me in the bed every single day, didn't even need a leash on walks and kinda unbelievably begged me for "fun times" even when my girl was in heat. he'd sniff and lick her a bit and then bolted to pester me for release. i never had to separate them when she was in heat. maybe i'm just reading too much into that, his hips were pretty much busted so maybe he was just unable to mount her even if he wanted to

gotta admit that this "thing" i had with him is the only reason i'm trying to believe there is some sort of heaven and maybe one day, if i'm worthy enough to get there, i will see him again.

I can relate to everything everyone is saying here, but this resonates the most:
Definitely, that's the #1 positive of being a zoo. Being able to connect on a deeper level and understanding without words. It's a hard to explain feeling but it is real
@Doggyluv

Connecting with another species on a deep primal physical and emotional level beyond the words and the artifices of typical human relationships is part of the magic of being a zoophile. It is proof that real love transcends the barriers between species. I cherish the deep level of communication I feel with my non human lovers. We meet each other in a space somewhere between species, learn to communicate in each other's language, learn how to fulfill each others differing physical and sexual needs, and as corny as it may sound, enjoy a very satisfying kind of non-judgemental, unconditional love far from the confines and frustrating complexities of human relationships. There's something very pure in this that"normal" people can ever comprehend.

The greatest "love of my life'' was my first marefriend. There was a soul connection between us that was undeniable. There was an intense, mutual joy and comfort we brought each other just by being near one another. I loved her more than anything.

Plus, the sex was prolific, mutually satisfying, mindblowing, and amazing. :p

Last edited:
omiss...

The greatest "love of my life'' was my first marefriend. There was a soul connection between us that was undeniable. There was an intense, mutual joy and comfort we brought each other just by being near one another. I loved her more than anything.

I deeply add this part, I still feel the signs of the lack

My partner now at the bridge succombed to colic, I wasn't her owner and she was a few hundred miles away when she had to be euthanised, I woke at about 3am (03.12 to be exact) feeling like someone had driven a knife in to my very being, the next day a message from her owner to say what had happened, I strongly believe it was never just our meaty parts that connected

I think that there can be a spiritual connection. Nothing surprises me anymore and I believe that you can be in tune like that with someone or an animal.

I know I have a connection with my German Shepard on a physical and an emotional level, it may also be spiritual, but I more easily recognize it as psychological. It is hard to really and trulyunderstand how close you are on the day to day, but there are moments when I feel that connection. Lots of times it is at a physical point like when I am knotted, but I still feel it

I need to do some research. Now that I am experience what I am experiencing and feeling what I am feeling I now want to understand more of what is going on. I would like to do some research on Shamanism

I need to do some research. Now that I am experience what I am experiencing and feeling what I am feeling I now want to understand more of what is going on. I would like to do some research on Shamanism
Listen to what type of Shaminism calls to you. You will be invited, if you are to learn. Clear your mind to be receptive to a "guide".

Listen to what type of Shaminism calls to you. You will be invited, if you are to learn. Clear your mind to be receptive to a "guide".
I hope I don't ever get involved in shamanism because if I do, it will be the living epitome of Pandora's box. Not worth it.

I hope I don't ever get involved in shamanism because if I do, it will be the living epitome of Pandora's box. Not worth it.
Literally.... you are sounding more like my dear brother all the time :oops::)

Literally.... you are sounding more like my dear brother all the time :oops::)
But I'm serious... I'm a chaotic being. Adding a power like shamanism to chaos could either go very well, very poorly or produce nothing.

But I'm serious... I'm a chaotic being. Adding a power like shamanism to chaos could either go very well, very poorly or produce nothing.
Given the power comes from within you, what you already have, I would say it would end up as some self-discovery. What you do with it goes from there. Like a hammer on your tool belt.... you always had it. Are you going to build a house, bludgeon someone, or drop it on your foot?
(tip: most people I begin teaching usually drop the proverbial hammer on their foot ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the power comes from within you, what you already have, I would say it would end up as some self-discovery. What you do with it goes from there. Like a hammer on your tool belt.... you always had it. Are you going to build a house, bludgeon someone, or drop it on your foot?
(tip: most people I begin teaching usually drop the proverbial hammer on their foot ;) )
I'll be honest about it - after years of pain, I feel more inclined to use to to bludgeon someone - getting hurt over and over, ad infinitum, would do that to you...

When my chickens see my car pulling up, they all get very excited that I am home and run towards me. I know it's only food-related love but it still makes me feel wanted by them. But there is a much stronger bond between me and my two boys. We don't like to be separated and must, must greet each other properly. We do most things together as well. One of them likes to come running with me and both love to swim in the sea. We also communicate at some weird level, without words. I don't know how to explain it, but if there is something wrong with me, they pick up on it and I do the same with them. Is that spiritual? I don't know. It just is and I am sure most people who spend time with animals also have that.
I love that deep, inexplicable need to be with them and I think they feel the same way. I certainly feel very canine when I am with them.

I'll be honest about it - after years of pain, I feel more inclined to use to to bludgeon someone - getting hurt over and over, ad infinitum, would do that to you...
So much yes, that it would, absolutely!
Chronic pain, physical, emotional or psychological (or worse, all three) is unbearably hard to live with.
You should be very, very proud of yourself for coming this far and being the logical, kind person you are after enduring all of this. Because I am proud of you! (y)

So much yes, that it would, absolutely!
Chronic pain, physical, emotional or psychological (or worse, all three) is unbearably hard to live with.
You should be very, very proud of yourself for coming this far and being the logical, kind person you are after enduring all of this. Because I am proud of you! (y)
I appreciate it :) but it doesn't make the pain any better. :\

If a person has to ask then they just don't get it. They could be borderline psychopathic. There are quite a few of them running around, and things such as spirituality and emotional connections completely elude them.

If a person has to ask then they just don't get it. They could be borderline psychopathic. There are quite a few of them running around, and things such as spirituality and emotional connections completely elude them.
It isn't just psychopaths but Cluster A and Cluster B personalities may also have that issue. From PTSD all the way to antisocial personalities (psychopaths, sociopaths and malignant narcissists).

TBH though you don't have to be personality disordered to not understand anything apiritual, just someone who doesn't want anything to yield to the will of those whom do not necessarily have your best interests in mind. Spirituality is full of psychos and weirdos too, and figures like Jesus whom tell you to submit to him, if you start asking questions, it won't look pretty.

Then you also had those ancient Greek mystics living in caves full of nitrates and phosphorous during the times of Socrates, those types were also crazies.

Back