Male Horse Anatomy (parts of the sheath and penis)

gayk9husky

Tourist
Found these diagrams very educational of the many different parts of the male horse's sheath and penis.

Attachments

• mdpi 01.jpg
    mdpi 01.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 189
  • mdpi 02.jpg
    mdpi 02.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 187
  • mdpi 03.jpg
    mdpi 03.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 174
  • mdpi 04.jpg
    mdpi 04.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 177
@Rainbowgazer
Images 1&3 are a side view of what the penis looks like retracted into the sheath.
Unfortunately the drawing is not accurate. Sections b and c are one single piece. Sections a, b, and c are all attached to the underlying erectile tissue. This is easily verified by the smooth surface and lack of visible blood vessels or urethra. Sections e, f, and g are one piece with the outline of blood vessels and urethra clearly visible. It's nothing but a layer of skin and fat that turns inside out when retracted. Section d, the medial ridge or ring is the anchorage point for the outer end of that skin. Section g includes his vestigial teats.

Unfortunately the drawing is not accurate. Sections b and c are one single piece. Sections a, b, and c are all attached to the underlying erectile tissue. This is easily verified by the smooth surface and lack of visible blood vessels or urethra. Sections e, f, and g are one piece with the outline of blood vessels and urethra clearly visible. It's nothing but a layer of skin and fat that turns inside out when retracted. Section d, the medial ridge or ring is the anchorage point for the outer end of that skin. Section g includes his vestigial teats.
Anytime I feel uppity about what little understanding of horses I have, or just good about it, I always remind myself that Caikgoch exists to drag myself right back into the dirt.

Back