Male dominance problem (in the bedroom)?

MarlinCatch3

Tourist
This is not going to be the tastiest of threads but here goes. An ex-gf had a Tom who wasn’t neutered. Every time I visited her the Tom would start spraying around the house. She had carpet floors so it became a hygiene/odor issue as it wasn’t easy to clean. It escalated when her Tom bit me on the heel once as I was carrying her to the bedroom. I started closing the bedroom door and shutting him out when I was with her in the bedroom. He quickly figured out how to open the bedroom door however as it was a levered handle and he would sometimes harass me when we were having sex. I don’t think she was intimate with her Tom but I never asked her. This happened when I was a student and at the time I was a bit immature and inconsiderate and I didn’t think about how the Tom must feel. As I matured I realized I must have created a lot of stress for her Tom. He was living alone with her and he had some security and comfort in their relationship. Then I came along and intruded on his turf. He must have felt threatened and insecure. I did try to bond with her Tom with food treats, lap cuddles and such and we got along fine when I was just visiting for dinner or a movie. However often as soon as I took her to the bedroom he would hiss at me and react aggressively.

Has anyone had similar issues with introducing new partners into their lives? I can imagine that if you are in an exclusive intimate relationship with a dog and you bring a new partner home (human or animal) that your partner may begin to assert his dominance over the new intruder.

If you have had this issue please describe it.
If you have a solution please let us know.

Cheers
Marlin

This is not going to be the tastiest of threads but here goes. An ex-gf had a Tom who wasn’t neutered. Every time I visited her the Tom would start spraying around the house. She had carpet floors so it became a hygiene/odor issue as it wasn’t easy to clean. It escalated when her Tom bit me on the heel once as I was carrying her to the bedroom. I started closing the bedroom door and shutting him out when I was with her in the bedroom. He quickly figured out how to open the bedroom door however as it was a levered handle and he would sometimes harass me when we were having sex. I don’t think she was intimate with her Tom but I never asked her. This happened when I was a student and at the time I was a bit immature and inconsiderate and I didn’t think about how the Tom must feel. As I matured I realized I must have created a lot of stress for her Tom. He was living alone with her and he had some security and comfort in their relationship. Then I came along and intruded on his turf. He must have felt threatened and insecure. I did try to bond with her Tom with food treats, lap cuddles and such and we got along fine when I was just visiting for dinner or a movie. However often as soon as I took her to the bedroom he would hiss at me and react aggressively.

Has anyone had similar issues with introducing new partners into their lives? I can imagine that if you are in an exclusive intimate relationship with a dog and you bring a new partner home (human or animal) that your partner may begin to assert his dominance over the new intruder.

If you have had this issue please describe it.
If you have a solution please let us know.

Cheers
Marlin
Search for Jackson Galaxy on youtube and have a look at his video library. Quite helpful. If you are indeed talking about a cat here.

Back