Male dog won't mount?

JazzyPaws

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
Wondering if there is any insight to be offered.

Have a male dog i raised from a puppy (2yr now). Every now and then I'll get down on fours, while hes getting "antsy", but he won't even attempt a mount. He runs back to my front and paws at my hands, for a handjob, he also likes oral.

Eventually I give in and he has a blast, but it would be nice if he'd also mount. A couple times I tried to "place" his front paws on my back, to hint, but he jumps down, and I won't press it if he really doesn't want it.

But I am curious. Anyone else have a male dog that prefers hands/mouth to mounting? I'm male BTW.

I had often wondered if he's just doesn't have a dominant enough mindset, he's let other male dogs nearly penetrate him at parks (Split them up of course before), and on occasion he'll want me to mount him as well.

He does attempt to mount my female, when shes in heat, however.

If he doesn't want to mount you, then he doesn't want to mount you. Simple as that. There are no magic tricks.
I'm just more wondering if this is something someone else has encountered, and if there's a reason. I'm not pushing him to do anything he doesn't want.

Have a male dog i raised from a puppy (2yr now). Every now and then I'll get down on fours, while hes getting "antsy", but he won't even attempt a mount. He runs back to my front and paws at my hands, for a handjob, he also likes oral.

Eventually I give in and he has a blast, but it would be nice if he'd also mount. A couple times I tried to "place" his front paws on my back, to hint, but he jumps down, and I won't press it if he really doesn't want it.

But I am curious. Anyone else have a male dog that prefers hands/mouth to mounting? I'm male BTW.

I had often wondered if he's just doesn't have a dominant enough mindset, he's let other male dogs nearly penetrate him at parks (Split them up of course before), and on occasion he'll want me to mount him as well.

This thread has been made before. It may be that he knows he can get what he wants easy (a hand or blow) and not put in the effort. But also he may just not want to mount and that’s okay too.

This thread has been made before. It may be that he knows he can get what he wants easy (a hand or blow) and not put in the effort. But also he may just not want to mount and that’s okay too.
Ultimately, yes, in the end it's up to him and his preferred limits. It's more a curiosity than anything else.

Perhaps try without getting him off the other ways for awhile and see if he gets the message. Enjoy what you got
I've done that, entirely withholding, but he just gives up.

Oh I do, this little dingus, and his female cohort are stuck with me until the end, they've walked with me thru a couple very dark periods, and the physical stuff isn't a requirement of mine to keep them, its just gravy.

I've also wondered if it's just my "position in the pack" He doesn't do dominance moves on me either, RARELY challenges. My female acts like an exclusive mate, is possessive as hell, and when she wants "playtime" she isn't shy about asking.

Not to mention She will also do dominance moves on him.

It can be he is actually not in the mood for mounting maybe it can come later is he older so you can give him a hand or blow both are very nice too

There are a lot of variables involved and a lot of possible reasons. Based on wholly insufficient data it might be that he's perhaps not self-confident enough. It's not uncommon in some dogs, especially young ones. If that's the case I tend to find that play/rough housing beforehand is often advantageous. The classical solution is often to put him with an experienced bitch who's a willing breeder to get over his inhibitions; but unless you've got a kennel that's typically hard to arrange and why I tend to suggest play. Watch videos of dogs breeding without human interaction where there's video of the foreplay, pay attention to what the bitch does beforehand and think about how you might send some of those signals to him. If you can give him the idea and encourage him that what he's doing is welcome he may well get the idea. I would stop giving him other sexual relief for a while too. A lot of times dogs become sexually timid around humans from being scolded for sex play, make sure that's not the case and if it has been some work regaining that confidence will likely be necesary. You may have better luck whe the bitch its in heat to help stir him up to think about trying.

When it comes to female in heat he knows and tries to mount her. but, unsurprisingly, he only wants her.

With holding, while making myself "available to mount" hasn't yeiled much result.

I think it's just "it is what it is" and we'll have our fun in whatever way he's comfortable with

Are you from the Ottawa area?

Pm me on DELETED

1. Telegram / Discord / KiK / Other chat apps...: Is ONLY allowed to be posted inside a ZooVille group. You can post a telegram, WhatsApp, or discord invite link (or IM name) in Zooville based groups only. Posting of any other area outside of a group area will be removed.

2. Do not include phone numbers, emails, KiK, Telegram, Wickr, or any other IM names, links, or chat invites or onlyfans or tiktok links in any section of the main site or your signature or profile About section (not even inside a video or image). This includes the personals section. Have members contact you through PM on the site instead

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you read any of the content? Where did I say I was forcing them.. I mention more than 3 times things like

and I won't press it if he really doesn't want it.

I think it's just "it is what it is" and we'll have our fun in whatever way he's comfortable with
I did not mean 2imply u were…. Sorry if I made u think that…😇

Considering the content, it did feel like you didn't bother reading and just jumped to your own conclusion. Apology accepted.

yea, and doing that links my actual identity to a wholly anonymous (here) profile

Rereading that I had misread. When you get past the barrier, you can DM me HERE on ZV. Where anonymity is still intact.
Ok idk how to dm here but I’m also from ottawa! I have experience with this issue , what kind of dogs are they?

Back