Male dog keeps biting.

cashnatus

Lurker
My dog will lick my dick but will bite often. I don't force him or anything and he likes it, but I don't know what to do when he bites.

Does he understand "No" or a "Gentle" command? If so then obviously roll with that, but I assume not due to the problem itself.
Teach him those if not, and a way to help this specific situation (can help with any kind of issues with a dog being too mouthy) is you need to react when he bites down there when you don't want him to. React with an exaggerated, somewhat loud and high pitched *YELP* and pull back (even if it doesn't hurt that much).
Assuming he was raised properly with his litter as a puppy, he should have learned that a reaction like that means "oh, I hurt them, I went too far and shouldn't do that". May take a while, but he should get the message with something like that, though in general dogs should know a "gentle" command. Can give tips with something like that if needed.

Edit: To add, if licking is something he very much enjoys doing to you, when he bites, stop for a moment until he's more gentle with you. If you keep this up with him consistently, he should hopefully learn that "If I nibble on his bits, he stops me. I don't like that, so I'll stop being mouthy"

Last edited:
Does he understand "No" or a "Gentle" command? If so then obviously roll with that, but I assume not due to the problem itself.
Teach him those if not, and a way to help this specific situation (can help with any kind of issues with a dog being too mouthy) is you need to react when he bites down there when you don't want him to. React with an exaggerated, somewhat loud and high pitched *YELP* and pull back (even if it doesn't hurt that much).
Assuming he was raised properly with his litter as a puppy, he should have learned that a reaction like that means "oh, I hurt them, I went too far and shouldn't do that". May take a while, but he should get the message with something like that, though in general dogs should know a "gentle" command. Can give tips with something like that if needed.

Edit: To add, if licking is something he very much enjoys doing to you, when he bites, stop for a moment until he's more gentle with you. If you keep this up with him consistently, he should hopefully learn that "If I nibble on his bits, he stops me. I don't like that, so I'll stop being mouthy"
Thanks a lot! I've given him treats before but I've never tried to be really carefull when giving it to him. Though he usually stops licking after he sees that my dick has stopped secreting precum and I'm not sure how to keep him licking? Should I give him a treat after he stops licking?

Thanks a lot! I've given him treats before but I've never tried to be really carefull when giving it to him. Though he usually stops licking after he sees that my dick has stopped secreting precum and I'm not sure how to keep him licking? Should I give him a treat after he stops licking?
Teaching "Gentle" while giving treats is the ideal time. Don't let him have the treat if he is harshly mouthing at your hand for it, and if once he stops and is more gentle say the command and give it to him. He'll learn what you want of him, and he'll associate it with the command.

For your question, potentially yea, tho you may run into the situation of him associating licking with always getting a treat. So he may end up waiting for one and not lick until he does, kinda going against what your idea was, lol.
Not just that, but you're getting into different moral and ethical areas when doing something like that. Dogs should be engaging with us sexually because they want to, not because we do things to influence their behavior for our own benefit.

If this is something he's relatively new to doing, and already enjoys doing it, he'll learn his actions leads to your orgasm which for him is the "treat" at the end (that is more naturally associated with the act itself, instead of giving him treats during to try to pursuade his behavior). So he'll continue over time as he learns this.

Teaching "Gentle" while giving treats is the ideal time. Don't let him have the treat if he is harshly mouthing at your hand for it, and if once he stops and is more gentle say the command and give it to him. He'll learn what you want of him, and he'll associate it with the command.

For your question, potentially yea, tho you may run into the situation of him associating licking with always getting a treat. So he may end up waiting for one and not lick until he does, kinda going against what your idea was, lol.
Not just that, but you're getting into different moral and ethical areas when doing something like that. Dogs should be engaging with us sexually because they want to, not because we do things to influence their behavior for our own benefit.

If this is something he's relatively new to doing, and already enjoys doing it, he'll learn his actions leads to your orgasm which for him is the "treat" at the end (that is more naturally associated with the act itself, instead of giving him treats during to try to pursuade his behavior). So he'll continue over time as he learns this.
You've been a big help! Do you know what food I can use as a treat to have him be more gentle? I was thinking peanut butter on my finger or something.

Back