male companions affectionate

question, are your male companions affectionate all the time or like mine, very independent during the day and affectionate at night.

P.S. When I speak of affection it is not sexual
P.S.S. sorry i don't speak english i use a translator

If you’re talking about male dogs, then yes, mine is highly affectionate (During the day and night), bordering on possessive. He does have moments where he wants his alone time as most people and animals do, but once he’s had some time to himself, he’s all over me. Everywhere I sit, he has to find a way to sit on top of me. Anywhere I sleep, he sleeps too. When we walk, he always stops to make sure I’m following him. If I have to take a shower or go to the bathroom, he’ll either wait outside until I come out, or follow me in to play in the shower water. If my attention is anywhere but on him, he nudges the subject of my attention (ie. a book or another animal) out of the way just for me to look at him. If I even pretend to ignore him, he’ll put his face in my lap and give a low growl. And any time there’s an opening, he’s more than willing to pin me down and lick all over my face with his tail wagging at a mile a minute.

But it differs for every dog. I’ve seen male dogs that could care less about their owners. I’ve seen males that are more mean towards their owners. And then I’ve seen the ones like mine that just can’t seem to get enough love and attention.

Always been affectionate to my canines in all ways possible. I just don’t do some things around other people and it may seem odd off or not legal. All my dogs generally the same as me

glad you love your dogs as much as they love you but there are hate harmful people how or could really care happy to see your not one of them
I take it very seriously. Just as much as I do my rights. I’ve said this before but I laid out my moral and line boundaries to be as honest to them as I can and keep to it no matter the difficulty. Best to do that early then to make a mess out of things long term. In a way I signed a contract before i truly excepted my dog as a lover.

My boy is independent and not overly smoochy affectionate, but he also is by my side every second he can be, to the point of pushing the toilet door open to come in that little room with me also. One day after I had been out for a while I got a severe telling off for being late home from work, by him jumping up and taking hold of my t-shirt before dropping back down onto all 4 paws again, almost pulling me over and tearing the shirt right down the front. "There! I know how much you two leggers like your extra skins on when you go out, so you won't go anywhere now I've wrecked this one!"

My boy is independent and not overly smoochy affectionate, but he also is by my side every second he can be, to the point of pushing the toilet door open to come in that little room with me also. One day after I had been out for a while I got a severe telling off for being late home from work, by him jumping up and taking hold of my t-shirt before dropping back down onto all 4 paws again, almost pulling me over and tearing the shirt right down the front. "There! I know how much you two leggers like your extra skins on when you go out, so you won't go anywhere now I've wrecked this one!"

Hahaha !!! yes I understand his, mine is not vengeful but more sulky. example: if I go shopping at the stores, but I come back with the smell of another dog go to sleep in the bathroom and he sulks me. ''

Last edited:
One of my boys is VERY affectionate; he tends to rub up against me like a cat. Sometimes I feel like he needs constant approval, especially since I got my most recent male. He’s very sweet ❤️

I think make dogs and female dogs can both be equally affectionate. I know I am very close with my Shepard ( not counting the sexual side of it). I even named him shadow because he was always right next to me...like my shadow. He lays next to me on the couch and I tuck my feet under him, that is how we usually sit.

I think that any pet can be very loyal, attentive, sweet and affectionate as long as the owner loves and returns the affection. I have yet to meet a dog that doesn’t love a good scratch on the side of the neck or a good rub on the back of the head.

I believe dogs love contact with humans as much as we love contact with dogs. They just need to be treated right and they will return the attention in spades

My male dog is incredibly affectionate. Sometimes he’ll fall asleep on his back next to me on the couch for hours, all snuggled up to my side. Sometimes I spend so much time just breathing in the scent of his fur with his face next to mine. I love him so much, he’s just perfect.

Last edited:
I think make dogs and female dogs can both be equally affectionate. I know I am very close with my Shepard ( not counting the sexual side of it). I even named him shadow because he was always right next to me...like my shadow. He lays next to me on the couch and I tuck my feet under him, that is how we usually sit.

I think that any pet can be very loyal, attentive, sweet and affectionate as long as the owner loves and returns the affection. I have yet to meet a dog that doesn’t love a good scratch on the side of the neck or a good rub on the back of the head.

I believe dogs love contact with humans as much as we love contact with dogs. They just need to be treated right and they will return the attention in spades
Man/woman's best friend, my two pups are on my heels any step I make. Just got them excited about car rides they love dirt roads, the sound and woods I guess, but they sleep driving on the hwy. 😂

Back