Lost Partner some longer Time ago, still struggle hard with it

Cookiecaretaker

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
But i still miss her like it was yesterday, yes i have a new dog since them but i didnt get the emotional bond like with my old partner.

A part of it is that i cant accept the death of her, the other part is that never the ,,spark,, hit between me and my ,,new,, dog (since now 5y).
She is a cute dog and companion which make my days go more easy and that i see regular sunlight and dont hide from the World but not ,,more,, hard to describe.

Since them it feel more and more missplaced and dont knew how i can manage it to keep it up.

How did u manage to get over the death from ur Partner, for me it feels like the pain never ends...

Maybe some of u can help me

My anniversary is coming up look at my rainbow bridge post. I think the best way to manage is the good comfort times you 2 had.

My girl was like a person to me in my eyes. I couldnt see her as a dog and as we layed together i realized this is the one i wanna be with

How did u manage to get over the death from ur Partner, for me it feels like the pain never ends...
The loss of any loved one never truly "ends" just gets a little easier to deal with. I lost my GSD Cupcake 10 years ago I thought I had got past the hardest part, found a shoe box with pictures and stuff, wow that really hurt. Used a blanket that he loved to sleep on about a week ago to sleep and I sleep like a rock it still smells like him. He also had a favorite stuffed animal he packed around the house, never ripped it or anything it was almost like a kids safety blanket, that still smells like him too. The memories are a double edged sword, yeah they are all good but when you remember them there is the emotions that stirs inside.

The feeling never goes away, relish in the great memories you have together and focus on how beautiful her life was. We are so lucky to experience the companionship we receive from our furry friends, give your current pup the love you wish you could give to your other girl. They have only a short time to be appreciated.

Wish i could feel the same to my new girl but somehow my mind is blocked there
No individual relationship is the same… you will appreciate her the way she needs but don’t break yourself down about not feeling a certain way.. some things are pure magic and it is a rare and fortunate thing to experience. I feel the same about my husky girl, I’ll never have that again. But it’s something to appreciate.

But i still miss her like it was yesterday, yes i have a new dog since them but i didnt get the emotional bond like with my old partner.

A part of it is that i cant accept the death of her, the other part is that never the ,,spark,, hit between me and my ,,new,, dog (since now 5y).
She is a cute dog and companion which make my days go more easy and that i see regular sunlight and dont hide from the World but not ,,more,, hard to describe.

Since them it feel more and more missplaced and dont knew how i can manage it to keep it up.

I'm so sorry for your loss. The lifespan difference is the real zoo's one true curse. I never really got over the death of any of the loves I have lost, I carry them with me everyday. The most recent loss left me completely broken. It can be true the pain never ends but that just proves the love you had for the lover you lost, and they certainly know how you feel.

What helps me go on is the fact I have two more dogs. Another lover, also a best friend. They need me, and I need them so going on for them and the few people in my life I truly love is mandatory. If not for myself, for them. Also, from the distress you have about losing your previous mate I'm sure you both loved each other equally and she would not want you to go on being unhappy. You know that. It's hard but you have another that depends on you and she wouldn't want you to be miserable either regardless of the spark you may or may not have. Time can change things if you're open to it, even the spark of love from a partner you've had a long time if given a chance. I know all of this is easier said than done, trust me. I have yet to even make a rainbow bridge post about my most recent love lost. You don't have to let go of the past, but letting yourself be happy because you know she'd want you to do so is nothing to feel bad about. I wish you and your new girl all the best.

Thank u for all ur answers, i need to continue to try to live with it, hopfully i can feel that love again in some future

I cried when I lost my girl. I just curled up into the corner of a house we where working on and just left it out. I lost my virginity to her and loved her more than I could understand at the time

I Lost my boy two years ago, and still the pain is there but i have two more now, with them I try to give all the LOVE that i once gived to him, he made my Life so much better and helped me get thru hard Times so now i take that chance to help others, with my two boys and every stray dog that i can help is a tribute to his memory

My anniversary is coming up look at my rainbow bridge post. I think the best way to manage is the good comfort times you 2 had.

My girl was like a person to me in my eyes. I couldnt see her as a dog and as we layed together i realized this is the one i wanna be with

To those who love animals 'people' is not limited to humans. My cats are 'people' and members of the family, although my love for them is non-sexual.

You don't really ever truly get over it...it was your love....your first love....the best thing you can do is cherish the memories you have had with them....

It's hard to explain...but...I love all dogs....some dogs that love goes deeper than others.....then there are the dogs I'm in love with the ones that I completely fall head over feels for...it hurts when you lose one of them but you always keep those memories alive.....the other dogs you meet and open your heart to won't ever compare to your first love Because they are not your first love....you gotta open your heart to accept another dog that you can cherish on that same level but having it be different because the dog itself is different.

The hardest part is making that destinction because you want to compare them to your first love because it was when you were the most happy but it can be rough. Also not every dog you meet will be that special love...they don't come by a lot.....I mean I work at a shelter and I see hundreds of dogs in the span of a few months and it may take that long just to find that one dog that resonates with me....that makes me feel special on so many levels

I know it's complicated and it's almost incomprehensible but it's the best advice I could give. I hope it helps and I'm here to talk if you need.

I've experienced a lot in my life.... hopefully I can help

Back