Looking to be with a stallion but not sure how do go about it and looking for advice

I'm looking to be with a stallion or mini the unfortunate thing is I cannot in my current situation afford to care for one and I was wondering if there were other alternatives such as meet ups etc (I'm aware this is a long process) any tips precautions warnings or general insight would be appreciated as I am completely new to this but have been interested for a long while now thank you (if this is the wrong thread to post this let me know)

I highly doubt many people will let you have sex with an animal several times your weight with no experience with horses. Let alone the fact that letting a stranger into your life could cost you your horse or even more.

I highly doubt many people will let you have sex with an animal several times your weight with no experience with horses. Let alone the fact that letting a stranger into your life could cost you your horse or even more.
Sorry I should have specified I've grown up with horses my entire life i have plenty of experience with them just not in this way I'm asking questions about this in particular because I'm not currently in the situation to afford to care for my own but I may be in the future

Yeah... I sympathize. Many people here, who love horses, have a hard time finding the right situation. I have been in that position, I have been a horse owner, and now I am again without horses. They are a HUGE commitment, delicate and dangerous creatures, and of course a BIG investment in time and money. Not something someone shares lightly.

IMHO you have two options:

1. Patiently make friends here without the overt agenda of trying to hook up with their horses. Be a good friend, not a user. Once you have established trust and connection, people will help you out. If you're just a user, you will be one of thousands who don't get anywhere. I speak as an experienced owner. Make friends with people you click with, not just because they own. Many times I've met friends through friends.

2. Re-prioritize your life so you CAN afford the time and expense of having your own animal. So many many many times I've heard people complain "I can't have a XXX in my YYY." If you are determined and passionate, you most likely can make things happen. There are a lot of ways to have a horse that doesn't include having a farm or a barn in the back yard. Explore all the options. Your best bet for having stallion fun is to get your own horse and establish a trusting relationship with him. Again, this will take time and effort, but nobody said this would be easy.

Good luck!

That's such great life advice that pertains to pretty much anything, but especially this, considering horses are living creatures, and like you said, they are both delicate and dangerous. It's about taking a serious and sincere, and very selfless approach to it.

Back