Living in Texas

SucubusSiren

Tourist
It's so hard to find unaltered pups who need a good home without buying from a breeder. I'm a fan of adopting or rescuinf personally, those are always the best dogs. I rescue all sorts of canines, whether they are altered or not, but I would love to find a sweet intact boy. Most of the strays out here are completely feral :') They don't trust people at all, which seems entirely understandable to me. Humans can be awful! Shelters here automatically alter before adoption as well, just like in most states. I'm lucky my partner and I have found two unspayed girls who are just the best dogs ever! Though our most recent rescue came with tiny surprises, like a kinder egg! Seven pupperonis, and they're the cutest.

Most places are on the spay and neuter band wagon which in of itself isn't a bad thing if you look at it from a fewer strays on the streets view point.
Personally I can't stand to see a stray dog. I feel so bad and I always have to stop and do something to help.
Regardless it is what it is at this point.
Also I'm likely moving to TX permanently so hi neighbor. Lol

Oh to reduce numbers it's absolutely fantastic, Texas in particular is overrun by stray dogs. It hurts my heart to see em for sure. Need to start packing dog food when I go out just in case.

l I've only seen 1 stray that hangs around and she won't let anyone near her. But most of them will at least come up to you for a minute. I rarely see stray dogs at all though.
I live outside SA and there are bookoo strays here, unfortunately none will let you get anywhere near them. At least, not any more near that to get food you toss to them. Poor darlings.

If any of them are male I would think that would be your best option, unless you've found homes for them already.
This is definitely an option, the litter has FIVE boys and only two girls. I've been considering one in particular! He is very sweet, not as dominant or demanding as some of the other pups in the litter. They all hellions! However, these pups may be on the smaller side of medium since mom is a heeler mix and dad is (I'm assuming) a chiweenie I saw following mom when we rescued her so that may factor into my decision.

Might have luck with an FB pet rehoming group in your area!
I've definitely been looking around multiple FB rehoming groups, and only one boy has caught my eye thus far. Meeting him this weekend, actually!

I would suggest FB Marketplace or CL, as someone mentioned above. You're getting a rehomed dog, and you can simply ask while speaking with the seller if s/he's altered or not and it won't be an odd question.

I would personally prefer a puppy when I get to that point again. Breeding with a dog you do not know, I can see that as being scary, especially depending on some dog's personalities. But I get it. I was lucky with the rescue in my life previously, honestly one of the best doggie-lovers I've ever had.

Back