Like the smell of a bitch in heat?

Hmm. So far the sample size is small but I've noticed a pattern. @TheSeeker and @FloofyNewfie note that their long haired girl's smell is very pungent and...bad. My girl is a lab, so short hair. She doesn't smell that strongly.
It has to do quite a lot with personal hygiene of the dog. Not in a way of "polished clean", but regarding not leaving the droplets collect in the fur for a long time span and soak it.

Also I usually trim the private parts of my dog to a shorter fur length of around 5 to 10 mm as this allows dogs (and me) a ways more enjoyable waste disposal and cleanliness.

Teaching female dogs in heat (as well those that I have here in dog sitting) to clean behind them helps unbelievable. Most of them actually enjoy their own taste and are basically cleaning the droplets they leave on the ground right after those occur.

As this also gives them a reason to clean them self intensively.. not really any odor to recognize through stained fur.
Never had to clean the ground of any flat due to a dog in heat as well. 🤷‍♂️

Not that I know of in a commercial sense.
Suggestion: Try his reaction regarding any female dog in heat prior (on a leash, not letting them fuck..). It's possible he has no interest at all, that exists.

At first I also disliked the smell, but after a few heat cycles I started to really enjoy it. I'm pretty sure that it's because my brain began to associate the smell of a bitch in heat with what is essentially a period of unlimited sex. Instead of the smell simply being a strong musky smell it's now a signal that something enjoyable is happening, and so the smell is perceived positively. Pavlovian conditioning, I suppose.
this is hot... its like its primal and carnal and instinctual and totally out of your control... sounds like there is really no going back once you mate for the first time with your female dog lover

I don't have much sense of smell, but I don't like how it tastes when my girl goes into heat. Much prefer her normal flavor.

Any way to purchase bottled pheromones to help train doggo that has 0 interest in anything?
You dont need to do that. Dogs can smell it from miles away. Take him for a hike, maybe run along the dog park, or around houses that have female dogs... by the time you get home hes ready to bury his knot into something

Back