Like the smell of a bitch in heat?

TheSeeker

Citizen of Zooville
For those of you with intact female dogs, do you like their scent when they come into heat?
My girl is now in the standing phase of her first heat and her scent is… quite intense. She’s also a long-hair Shepherd so her juices soak into all that fur and make her smell really strong.
I hate to admit it but I really don’t find it attractive. I love the appearance of her swollen vulva and I don’t really mind the discharge (there wasn’t a lot of it but I expect there will be more on the next heats) but I really didn’t know she was going to smell this strongly.

Anyway, what do you do when your girl(s) are wearing their ‘sexy’ perfume?

At first I also disliked the smell, but after a few heat cycles I started to really enjoy it. I'm pretty sure that it's because my brain began to associate the smell of a bitch in heat with what is essentially a period of unlimited sex. Instead of the smell simply being a strong musky smell it's now a signal that something enjoyable is happening, and so the smell is perceived positively. Pavlovian conditioning, I suppose.

I can see how that could happen. I probably wouldn’t have started this tread if people hadn’t been complaining about her scent and thus influencing me to dislike it. Still I can’t bring myself to attempt to wash it off her and disguise it with shampoo.

In time I could possibly grow to like it, (although I've had my girls for nearly 2 years already) but as of now I still quite dislike the smell. For my littler girl hers isn't too bad. But for my newfie girl hers is exceptionally pungent. My newfie loves her spot next to the refrigerator on the hardwood floor. It's so strong that it'll stink up a 5 foot radius around that area until I thoroughly mop the damn floor.

Seeing that my two girls have differing smells as well as differing levels of pungent-ness, I'd imagine whether you learn to like it could potentially vary from dog to dog and smell to smell. If both of my girls smelled like my littler girl, it might be easy for me to like it solely based off of associating it with unlimited/extremely passionate sex. But my newfie's smell is so strong/awful, that I don't realistically see myself ever liking it. That could one day change, but as of now I don't foresee it happening.

Hmm. So far the sample size is small but I've noticed a pattern. @TheSeeker and @FloofyNewfie note that their long haired girl's smell is very pungent and...bad. My girl is a lab, so short hair. She doesn't smell that strongly.

Is it possible that long haired doggy girls smell more strongly because, perhaps, it gets trapped in their fur and they can't clean themselves as effectively? I know my girl cleans herself very well, even licking the spots off the hard floors. The only spotting is on bedding as such, and it's fairly light.

We need a scientific poll, or maybe a graph will sort this out.

While I wouldn't say that I liked the smell of my late labradane when she was in heat it wasn't really that noticeable, she was another short haired girl as well.

Hmm. So far the sample size is small but I've noticed a pattern. @TheSeeker and @FloofyNewfie note that their long haired girl's smell is very pungent and...bad. My girl is a lab, so short hair. She doesn't smell that strongly.

Is it possible that long haired doggy girls smell more strongly because, perhaps, it gets trapped in their fur and they can't clean themselves as effectively? I know my girl cleans herself very well, even licking the spots off the hard floors. The only spotting is on bedding as such, and it's fairly light.

We need a scientific poll, or maybe a graph will sort this out.
What's funny is that right after I posted my post, I kind of came to the same thought train. I thought about editing my post to include this but you beat me to it here. Darn!

But it very much is a possibility seeing that longer fur may entrap more heat blood, and seeing that the thicker the fur, the harder it is to thoroughly clean. (Baths are fun with the newfie! So! Much! Thick! Double coated! FUR!!) This may be the cause of this more pungent odor, especially if given time to dry and become stale. My littler girl does indeed have short fur as well. I might have to start wiping around my girl's vulva with a warm damp cloth for everyday of her heat, to see if helps cut back on the smell.

i loved the smell of my dane when she was in heat . i had a gsd after her and she was nota nice smell lol not a long coat but still lot more than my dane lol my 2 bitches now are not bad at all i do think it has a lot to do with the hair and how clean he girl is

This is an interesting thread I can add some data to. I do like the smell of my girl in heat, she's a short fur American Bulldog as far as I know. There has been one time where her scent was stronger than usual though. Pungent even at times. Maybe it's not just the fur but hormone levels and bleeding in the cycle that can influence the scent too? Her last heat she smelled normal but not strong at all. Very enjoyable and clean, but I could have been conditioned to her scent also like @Octavian mentioned.

Two other girls I have been with in the past seemed pretty similar in scent though. One girl was a short fur pit mastiff mix and the other a short fur gsd. Both had a noticeable scent in standing heat but never gave off the overpowering pungent smell that some get. I found them both to smell very good and clean in fact. I did however help all three of those girls keep extra clean during those times. Wet rag cleaning, cleaning wipes, etc. Also, none of the three mentioned are/were heavy bleeders.

It's a fair while ago but boy's previous mate (a lab bitch) smelt real good, like a mix of musky dog and sweet, and it might have just been in my head but I'm sure it affected me as we as him. She is short haired and kept herself pretty clean, plus my boy did his best to help her with that :p But she smelt really strong, after she left my house would stink for a good few days after.

This thread has gave me a good laugh, but I’m going back to answer the original question 😂.

My girl has a very strong scent when she is in heat. The first time it was definitely… different, but not something I would describe as unpleasant. But I have since grown to love the scent, and I would be lying if I said it didn’t arousing. She also bleeds quite a bit when she is in heat, and will leave spots on her blankets over night. But I have three or four blankets for her and I just put down a new one every day and throw the other one in the washer.

My girl was quite strong from what I could remember. Nuts wasn’t bad to me. As for the others in the house? Not so much

When I had my lab girl last year, the scent of her first heat was awful. Very strong, very pungent, stunk up the whole house. Was washing couch cushions almost daily. When my Malamute girl had her first heat last year, she hardly smelled at all. And her 2nd heat earlier this year wasn’t much different. It definitely got my boys going, that’s for sure haha

The smell of early heat is fine with me but once they get to the "scenting" phase of standing heat, it can be a bit much and I would call it a bit stinky. Can't really smell it across a room but if it gets on a finger or anywhere else, it's definitely noticeable. All my girls are short haired.

i like my girl's (kangal/gsd mix) heat smell. she doesn't bleed the same amounts every cycle. more bleeding = stronger smell in my experience. i even like her breath after she finishes cleaning herself. tho i very much hate heat blood, i can't go near it without gloves or tons of tissues. sometimes i wonder how it tastes, but it's just too gross to me for some reason. it takes a ton of tissues before we have sex (i'm afraid i'd chop my dick off if it had a drop of her blood on it). oral from me is also out of the question during her cycle. i'm fine with "regular" blood, be it mine or someone else's....

i like my girl's (kangal/gsd mix) heat smell. she doesn't bleed the same amounts every cycle. more bleeding = stronger smell in my experience. i even like her breath after she finishes cleaning herself. tho i very much hate heat blood, i can't go near it without gloves or tons of tissues. sometimes i wonder how it tastes, but it's just too gross to me for some reason. it takes a ton of tissues before we have sex (i'm afraid i'd chop my dick off if it had a drop of her blood on it). oral from me is also out of the question during her cycle. i'm fine with "regular" blood, be it mine or someone else's....
Rare steak is the way to go.

Back