Lets start a war Pt. 2

It tastes like the garlic and parsley sauce we put on it.
Frog legs tastes almost nothing alone.

Same for snails. It tastes like the sauce. Snails have almost no taste too.
I think you just proved my earlier post that the only thing French "pioneered" is sauces...

Nope, cheese was pioneered by arab bedouins, plus French cheese is all runny and/or moldy disgusting crap. And do you want a medal for bottling poisonous spoiled grapes? Which I'm too lazy to look up the history of but am willing to bet the French were faaaaaar from the first to do it, they just like to claim they "mastered it", whatever the fuck that means.

I've never tried frog legs, but my father has. He claims they are actually really good. While primarily a dish in the southern states, frog legs aren't actually that weird.

You did miss one weird as hell French cuisine though, which should have been at the top of your list... A whole freaking calf head! I believe they remove the eyes and a few other parts and toss pretty much the whole damn thing in a pot with vegetables and boil it. Apparently, it's considered a delicacy over there.
I'd be willing to bet that mad cow did away with that idea. If it didn't they deserve a special national Darwin Award.

Just because I've never done anything to be anywhere near provocative on here, I'll poke a little fun at the French, and I do it in jest.

Why are all the streets in Paris lined with trees?

Because the germans like to march in the shade😆

We Americans will never let the French live down ww2 just like the French will never let us live down anything the USA did post 9/11, freedom fries anyone 🙄

You misunderstand me, I used the Cinnabon bread as the bread when I made French Toast. It was just sweeter and cinnamonier than normal French Toast.
I did understand...it still ain't french toast. Theres a place here that makes "it" with a bearclaw....that ain't french toast either. Its a simple dish....and pretty homely....its supposed to be.

Just because I've never done anything to be anywhere near provocative on here, I'll poke a little fun at the French, and I do it in jest.

Why are all the streets in Paris lined with trees?

Because the germans like to march in the shade😆

We Americans will never let the French live down ww2 just like the French will never let us live down anything the USA did post 9/11, freedom fries anyone 🙄
Reality check....theres also WWI .....and if you want to get a frenchman's goat, ask about their other Republics. The Prussian kicked them around pretty good pretty regularly. The Germans were just working a Tradition

And frog's legs, and cruelly tortured goose liver, and tortured veal, and well, the list goes on. The whole "French invented cooking" thing is total bullshit. French cuisine is a bunch of disgusting nonsense that should be outlawed across the world. The only real "contribution" they, and by they I mean 1 guy a few hundred years ago, was to define the majority of today's sauce bases - not that anyone else couldn't have figured out butter + onions + milk + flour.
The French DIDNT invent cooking....they invented poison as a working tool. To do that, they designed sauces that covered the tastes and textures of the chosen toxicants. Sheer genius, but of another sort altogether.

Nope, cheese was pioneered by arab bedouins, plus French cheese is all runny and/or moldy disgusting crap. And do you want a medal for bottling poisonous spoiled grapes? Which I'm too lazy to look up the history of but am willing to bet the French were faaaaaar from the first to do it, they just like to claim they "mastered it", whatever the fuck that means.
Rust in Hell.

I love how we've went from a "Pancakes vs. Waffles" debate to a "Making fun of the French" thread!

*snifffff* *Ah!* Gotta love the smell of burning dumpster garbage!

----------

A German went to France for holiday but was stopped at the border.

French border staff: Occupation?
German: No, no, no, just visiting.

Last edited:
I guess you mean the American style pancakes. So waffles it is.

American thicc pancakes with all this stupid syrup are disgusting.

Here in Germany we make "Pfannkuchen mit Apfelmus und Zucker und Zimt" a thinner pancake with applesauce and sugar/cinnamon (I prefer them without the sugar and cinnamon). That's better than waffles.

I guess you mean the American style pancakes. So waffles it is.

American thicc pancakes with all this stupid syrup are disgusting.

Here in Germany we make "Pfannkuchen mit Apfelmus und Zucker und Zimt" a thinner pancake with applesauce and sugar/cinnamon (I prefer them without the sugar and cinnamon). That's better than waffles.
Nope... nothing beats a good ol' Waffel.

I did understand...it still ain't french toast. Theres a place here that makes "it" with a bearclaw....that ain't french toast either. Its a simple dish....and pretty homely....its supposed to be.

French toast doesn't have a set type of bread. You can make it with sourdough, brioche, a friggin baguette or just your run of the mill wonder bread. It's not the type of bread that makes french toast, it's the cooking process

*Looks at profile* *sees you're from Wales.* Ah! Makes since! That's the most United Kingdom thing I've read all month! :LOL:
Waffles are made of potato and pancakes can only be had on Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday), but Yorkshire Puddings and gravy with a fried breakfast is just fine though.

Back