Legally, would you try human flesh if you had the chance?

I've always been interested about. If you could legally, eat human flesh? would you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to say it's where you food is sourced from. We all know about polluted waters, etc. But if your vegetables are sprayed with pesticides (like with the Monsanto problem) is it really any better? Neither pesticide-laden vegetables or mercury fish sound like a very good idea.
Got news for you, there are lots of completely natural poisons in plants. Ask anyone that cuts hay. If you do it wrong, you can kill a herd.

The point is that over a lifetime a herbivore will accumulate traces of poisons from thousands of plants. A carnivore will accumulate the poisons and pathogens from hundreds of herbivores. The closer the carnivore is to you in environment and species, the more things that are bad for you are in their meat. That's basic biology.

Don't particularly want to eat animal meat if there were decent alternatives. So no, obviously not.

Not really. Carnivore meat in general is less healthy because carnivores tend to accumulate the bad things from the prey they eat. Like mercury in fish or Creutzfeldt-Jakob in humans.
Or Ciguatera in Barracuda and other Reef Predators

How the HELL do you "Ethically source" Human meat?
Hypothetically from someone who has chosen to donate their body as such, and for example were to get hit by a car. As I mentioned previously, suppose for a moment, that there was a scientific study being done on the nutritional aspect of cannibalism. Those taking part in the study would be divided into groups. Only one group would actually eat human meat, while the others would eat various ''placebo'' meats prepared in a manner resembling the real human meat, and told they were eating human meat. In such a scenario, implausable as it is, logically the scientists would need to source human meat for the ''active'' group, and one way to do that would be to give people the option to donate their body for the purposes of the study.

As to why such a study would not simply be done on indiginous cannibal tribes in 3rd world countries, the answer shoud be obvious. It would be impossible to conduct a controlled study under those conditions. There are just too many variables that could not be accounted for.

It's amazing to see people complain about others being dumb yet do NOTHING to correct the issue. Dumbfounding.

It would have to be a very dire situation to say the least.

I remember my grandfather saying that the difference between what you will eat and won't eat is X amount of hours. I forget what the number was exactly.

It would have to be a very dire situation to say the least.

I remember my grandfather saying that the difference between what you will eat and won't eat is X amount of hours. I forget what the number was exactly.
There's plenty of bugs outside.

Op is one sick MF who needs immediate attention of a shrink.
By the way I have heard human flesh tastes like pork.

Human flesh is good for 3 things.
Building things on the cheap.
Funding the Jamaican black market.
And acting as a governments bullet sponge.

I've heard the same, but that it tastes much sweeter than pork. Something I don't even want to think about :eek: :eek: :eek:
And it tastes much better than all other meats . It's so addictive actually. That's why once a lion or tiger tastes human flesh ,becomes a man eater . And it also becomes necessary to shoot down a man eater otherwise they won't stop.

I wouldn't eat human under normal circumstances but...in a hypothetical situation bad enough that people are hunting my dogs in order to feed themselves, I'd be hunting people in order to feed myself and my dogs.

I wouldn't eat human under normal circumstances but...in a hypothetical situation bad enough that people are hunting my dogs in order to feed themselves, I'd be hunting people in order to feed myself and my dogs.
Let the odds forever be in your favor

Yes. I have always been simply curious and nothing more but it would answer something I've wanted to know my entire life; not from secondhand experience. I just think it would be crazy interesting. and a fun story too.

How would you feel if it was the flesh of one of your family members that were going into someone else's mouth?
While I appreciate the idea of trying to humanize the hypothetical food source, I have to say it doesn't change anything to me in this context.

My sister and I have more than once discussed creative/green funeral options we'd be interested in trying instead of traditional burial. While this wasn't one of them specifically, it's in line with how I'd also not take issue if she chose to donate her body to science - you don't really get a say in what's done with your corpse (if accepted - many are not) in that case.

I'd taste soylent green myself out of curiosity, and also would not feel any different about that choice if someone else took a bite out of my deceased loved one's body in their specified "donate me to science" context. I'm very not ok with someone eating my sister without her express consent to do so after her death, though... Just so that's clear.

God this is disturbing.
bear in mind this is from a scientific perspective, studying cannibalism.
no one is suggesting offing someone to eat them. this is assuming scientific consent is given and the meat donor died by ethical means (car accident, natural aging, etc.)

Back in the second world war, the Japanese had a habit of cooking long pork for POW's , long pork was human flesh specifically their dead POW friends...so if you're ever offered long pork don't eat it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back