kissing dogs, not so good?

I don’t understand why some people act like dogs are just the filthiest creatures on earth. Are they dirty? Yeah. Doesn’t mean they’re gonna spread all kinds of diseases and give you AIDS. We’re not in Afghanistan where all the dogs are sick with rabies and running around eating whatever scraps they can find. Most people who kiss their dogs on the mouths are also the types of people to thoroughly groom them and make sure they’re as healthy as possible. I mean, I know I’m that way.

I can understand why people would find it gross, but in all reality, dogs aren’t that bad depending on how you care for them.
ppl who get grossed out when they find out my dogs sleep with me in the bed are kinda hilarious. like it's gonna give me gangrene or something. i wonder what their reaction would be like if they saw me sharing stuff like sandwiches or popsicles with them.

ppl who get grossed out when they find out my dogs sleep with me in the bed are kinda hilarious. like it's gonna give me gangrene or something. i wonder what their reaction would be like if they saw me sharing stuff like sandwiches or popsicles with them.

Those are the "Ego" people in this picture.....

ego_vs_nature.png

ehhh, not really. the mouth itself holds bacteria that isn't great for the human body and its mainly found just in their mouths. add in the whole carrying dead stuff in their mouths thing and I can't imagine it being too pleasant
The human mouth holds bacteria that isn't good for us as well btw, that's why if we don't brush our teeth they would eventually rot and fall out. As for the dogs putting stuff in their mouth, If you have a fenced in yard and maintain it regularly the odds of them coming across something unsanitary is slim. That leads to the whole licking their butt thing. A dog has enzymes in their mouth that breaks down bacteria. Even moreso than we do. Ironically enough It doesn't seem to bother some people when it comes to directly licking another humans ass 🤮

But it's an automatic Eww if you make out with a dog that may have licked their butt at some point. News flash. Again. Evolution literally developed canines mouths to break down harmful bacteria due to grooming themselves, eating raw meat, etc.. 1000s of years before dogs even ascended from wolves :husky_eyeroll:

How many people have had any problems from kissing their dogs here? I do not remember any. :D So it is probably not so dramatic.

Exactly, as long as said animals are healthy and your not making out with random strays. :gsd_stunning: I've been alive for some time and started french kissing dogs at a young age, Have never had a health issue arise from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back