kissing dogs, not so good?

stayknotted

Tourist
alright so I see a lot of y'all talking about how you kiss your dogs and how completely safe it is but I'd just like to drop this here
you can get plenty of viruses, parasites, and just not-so-good stuff from kissing your dog/letting him lick you even if you brush his or her teeth.
this is the same dog that eats dog food, licks his own butt, and checks out dead things in the yard.... maybe it's not the best idea for you to make out with your canine partners

To be fair, you have the same risk as kissing humans. Probably even less. With dogs, you at least know where their mouths have been. With humans, you're making out or having sex with everyone else they made out/had sex with (and then some)

To be fair, you have the same risk as kissing humans. Probably even less. With dogs, you at least know where their mouths have been. With humans, you're making out or having sex with everyone else they made out/had sex with (and then some)
I don't remember anyone I know carrying dead squirrels around in their mouths but I get your point. I just always had dogs with awful breath as a kid so it makes me uncomfortable lol

How many people have had any problems from kissing their dogs here? I do not remember any. :D So it is probably not so dramatic.
how many people here actually kiss their dogs and aren't just lying ?
lol, but yeah I'm sure its a case by case thing but I'm not sure everyone wants to take that risk

Most of the germs you would have just had already from contact with the animal.
ehhh, not really. the mouth itself holds bacteria that isn't great for the human body and its mainly found just in their mouths. add in the whole carrying dead stuff in their mouths thing and I can't imagine it being too pleasant

I've been kissing with dogs for a very long time. I have never really gotten sick from it. I do however agree that dogs mouth is quite filthy. Considering millions of people do it( non sexual pet owners kiss with their dogs all the time) and very few get sick or die from it ( it does happen) I would say your chances are low if you are a healthy individual.

Kissing humans is no better for your health. In fact, I have never caught herpes or gingivitis from any of my boys. I think I'll carry on until my doctor tells me I've caught something strange. I clean my boys' teeth every two days, as per the vet's advice. Their garden is kept clean by me too. No, I'm good, but thank you for the advice, my darling.

Kissing humans is no better for your health. In fact, I have never caught herpes or gingivitis from any of my boys. I think I'll carry on until my doctor tells me I've caught something strange. I clean my boys' teeth every two days, as per the vet's advice. Their garden is kept clean by me too. No, I'm good, but thank you for the advice, my darling.
I didn't mean to sound patronizing, I just read that as I myself was concerned if I were to I might contract something. figured I'd get others' opinions on it. sorry if it came off rude

I've been kissing with dogs for a very long time. I have never really gotten sick from it. I do however agree that dogs mouth is quite filthy. Considering millions of people do it( non sexual pet owners kiss with their dogs all the time) and very few get sick or die from it ( it does happen) I would say your chances are low if you are a healthy individual.
noted! I wasn't sure about the health aspect of it so I wanted to read up on it and see what people's opinions were

I didn't mean to sound patronizing, I just read that as I myself was concerned if I were to I might contract something. figured I'd get others' opinions on it. sorry if it came off rude
You didn't come across as rude. I apologise if that is how I made you feel. I just wanted stress that good hygiene, taking care of your boys and yourself will guard against things. I don't like kissing guys much, I prefer my boys!

Love you, ?

Do you brush their teeth or give them chews ? Only a few of my dogs will let me brush their teeth. the rest I give them a denabone.

I brush their teeth. I have been doing it since they were puppies. They didn't like it at first but I persisted. They accept it now, but I can't say they fight each other to go first! I do use chews as well.

my girl had a "dead thing" in her mouth exactly once in her 6 years of age, but i do enjoy how you felt like bringing that up in half your posts here, op. you live on a pet graveyard or something?

i do kiss her, regularly. no brushing, just lots of dental sticks. her teeth is white and she has no bad breath and that's enough for me.... and to be completely honest "rimming your dog is probably unsanitary" might have been a far more appropriate "PSA" topic, but i guess that doesn't have some blog-y post to just link.

my girl had a "dead thing" in her mouth exactly once in her 6 years of age, but i do enjoy how you felt like bringing that up in half your posts here, op. you live on a pet graveyard or something?

i do kiss her, regularly. no brushing, just lots of dental sticks. her teeth is white and she has no bad breath and that's enough for me.... and to be completely honest "rimming your dog is probably unsanitary" might have been a far more appropriate "PSA" topic, but i guess that doesn't have some blog-y post to just link.
yeah I feel it, the dead thing was in the article so I kept mentioning it, sorry if I sounded repetitive. it wasn't meant as a PSA, hence the question mark, I just wanted to hear y'alls opinions idk

I don't remember anyone I know carrying dead squirrels around in their mouths but I get your point. I just always had dogs with awful breath as a kid so it makes me uncomfortable lol

I wouldn't let my dog carry dead animals, but he has never tried it before.
Did your dogs have problems with their teeth or something? That gives a really bad breath

Yeah I think sticking your tongue in their ass is way worse than kissing. Either way I love doing both XD

I love how people take worst-case and think it's general. That's an article with bias to make it more sensationalized so you share it, then they get clicks and ad revenue. If you take proper care of your canine companion, including proper dental care, then you aren't really running a risk. All I know is that I have been kissing canines and taking dick for over a decade with almost zero issues. My friends have had human partners and have had to deal with UTIs and other AMAZING fun things :D

Sex is dirty, mixing fluids from two organisms regardless of source probably isn't going to be clean either. However if you are both taking proper care of yourselves there is minimal risk.

This reminds me of a friend who once said "You know how dirty it is to have your dog sleep on your BED!?!?!?!?!?!" and I'm all "You literally told me you passed out after squirting last night"

Hygiene is important. You’ll see dogs that are active will be very well taken care of by thier owners, always groomed, nails trimmed, bathed, clean teeth.
another benefit of the k9 lifestyle for the dogs is exceptional care. I know mine is taken care of that way and I think most others are too

I don’t understand why some people act like dogs are just the filthiest creatures on earth. Are they dirty? Yeah. Doesn’t mean they’re gonna spread all kinds of diseases and give you AIDS. We’re not in Afghanistan where all the dogs are sick with rabies and running around eating whatever scraps they can find. Most people who kiss their dogs on the mouths are also the types of people to thoroughly groom them and make sure they’re as healthy as possible. I mean, I know I’m that way.

I can understand why people would find it gross, but in all reality, dogs aren’t that bad depending on how you care for them.

Back