Is Zoo Exclusive for me?

Hey. I've been struggling with whether I should become zoo exclusive after some bad experiences with humans. How did you all know it was the way for you?

Given what you said, emphatically no.
People should not "settle" for something else because it's easier. If you find non-humans appealing and have little to no desire for humans, pursue it, but if you're really interested in humans, but it's frustration with the experience then I would advise you to take a serious look at what you're looking for in a relationship, what you're offering to partners, and where those don't meet up with the people you've been seeing.

I think that a lot of times people don't have a clear understanding of what they *really* want in a relationship and find themselves bouncing from partner to partner, choosing from who's immediately available instead of reflecting on what they want, what they expect, what they're offering, and trying to find the people who best match them instead of going through the tired old processes of the typical dating scene.

Good relationships take work and aren't always easy, but there's no substitute when happiness is on the line. Find the partner who makes you happy, who makes you want to be the person they think you are.

i have recently i guess not recently but have been excusive and have been so happy my whole life i could never find what was right for me and i think i have finnally found it

If you consider to exchange human partners for nonhuman partners, then the motivation for being with nonhuman partners would be wrong, and you will get frustrated with those nonhuman partners. After all, they would be substitutes for human partners, rather than partners in their own right.

i have done human partners been divorced twice non human make me happy and dont cheat or stop loving me

I see people state that non-humans don't cheat somewhat frequently, but it's not something I have ever understood because dogs, horses, goats, etc; none of these are monogamous by nature and typically the main reason they "don't cheat" is because they can't since their caretakers won't let them. I don't think a person needs any reason to be zoo exclusive other than possibly "because it makes me happy".

I think it's important not to lock yourself into anything. If people just aren't working out for you, then you don't have to be with any human at the moment. You can be try being zoo exclusive. Take a break, see how it works for you.

how did i know it was "the way"? i didn't have any "bad experiences with humans" because there were no experiences to be had with humans... kinda what the word "exclusive" implies.

ppl don't "become" nor "choose to be" zoo-exclusive.

how did i know it was "the way"? i didn't have any "bad experiences with humans" because there were no experiences to be had with humans... kinda what the word "exclusive" implies.

ppl don't "become" nor "choose to be" zoo-exclusive.
that is not really what exclusive means.

exclusive just means you are not attracted to people. even if you were attracted to people before and no matter when or how you stop being attracted, as long as your attraction to animals is real. being real is all that matters.
it doesnt even matter if somebody had sex with people before. people do become exclusive and choose to be exclusive. people do not however choose to be attracted to animals. animals are supposed to attract the people.

some people are afraid to admit they werent born exclusive or admit previous sexual attractions to people, because they know theyre not really attracted to animals or they are afraid others will think they can change. people like this dont have faith in their own attractions. they might not even really be attracted and are just using the idea of born exclusivity to deny an attraction they've never acted on before.

many zoo exclusive people have had bad experiences with people. one of them is me. i used to be attracted to both humans and animals. nothing people did caused my attractions to animals.
people caused me to be less attracted to people. it doesnt mean we hate other people, especially not enough to deny other people from enjoying animals and considering them exclusive too.
that sort of behavior comes off as not being a real attraction to animals. it is using animals and zoo to feel special or superior to others. thats one of the reasons why im not attracted to people, because too many people are dishonest about their interests, more focused on having things to exclude and degrade others, rather than really enjoying what they have or do.

no offense but what i mean is that im not attracted your idea of zoo exclusivity because it seems more focused on being exclusive of people than being attracted to animals.

Last edited:
that sort of behavior comes off as not being a real attraction to animals. it is using animals and zoo to feel special or superior to others.
sorry for snipping the rest, this is the one part i find weirdly interesting. what makes you think that? what do you think ppl like me (zoo-exclusives) have to "feel special" or "superior" about? that we can't ever publicly show our partners while referring to them as such? that we can't ever show them to our friends and family (in the "look, this is my boy/girlfriend" sort of way)? that we can't have a meaningful conversation with them? that we have to be secretive about our sex lifes (like, can't talk about it anywhere but here) so our partners aren't taken away and/or destroyed just because they're a different species? that we will see them grow old and die while we don't? and when they pass the consolation outside of this forum we get is "just get a new one"? imagine you lost someone you knew was "the one" for you and "oh, it was just a dog. get over it" is all the consolidation you got from ppl who are supposed to be the closest to you, this happened to me.

i'm sorry you feel like the label "zoo-exclusive" feels like some sort of badge or whatever to you, it isn't... there are no attempts at "elitism" or "gatekeeping" it's literally just a description. you know, like how you'd call a person born with black hair "black haired". they can dye it brown for some time, but they're still black haired under it. no special status or anything, just calling things what they are. you are or were attracted to humans as well as animals = you aren't zoo exclusive. i'm not attracted to humans, but am attracted to animals = i'm zoo-exclusive. maybe i'll find that human attraction some day, it would make sense biologically speaking and till that day comes i'm gonna describe myself as a zoo-exclusive and i stand behind my previous "ppl don't become zoo exclusive" statement. you don't choose your attractions...

many ppl don't seem to realize what a fucking curse being zoo-exclusive really is.

even if you were attracted to people before
No.
Attraction cannot be forgotten, it cannot be erased, it cannot be changed.
You can have sex with a human, try it out, decide that it's not good and continue living as a zoo exclusive. But the attraction cannot be modified, those who are attracted to people are not zoo exclusive.
You can live your life with only animals (while actually being interested in people), but this lifestyle is not what we call an exclusive zoo. There is a difference in who is not attracted to people and who is, but represses it. The stupidity and simplicity of the english language. Fortunately, my native language uses separate words for this.

more like bitter/jaded. i'm saving sad for what becomes of my girl's two tumors....
If you can afford it, buy immune boosters and anti-cancer drugs. Vetri DMG (US) or any immune booster with DMG content, Vet-P-Im syrup (old name Plerasan, SK), K9 immune boosters (there are several types, US) or CV-247 (HU) etc. I gave her these (although not continuously, because it was expensive) and she managed to reach a healthy age (10.5 years), although she could have lived longer of course... Her kidneys got worse and worse, she had internal bleeding due to the tumors and her circulation collapsed, her heart stopped and she fell to the ground. Fortunately, I was home with her. My other dogs too. I still cry sometimes. And I know that my other dogs all do the same and even the dogs that follow them, they will die. It's a curse, but this is my life and love it. I love my dogs.

No.
Attraction cannot be forgotten, it cannot be erased, it cannot be changed.
You can have sex with a human, try it out, decide that it's not good and continue living as a zoo exclusive. But the attraction cannot be modified, those who are attracted to people are not zoo exclusive.
You can live your life with only animals (while actually being interested in people), but this lifestyle is not what we call an exclusive zoo. There is a difference in who is not attracted to people and who is, but represses it. The stupidity and simplicity of the english language. Fortunately, my native language uses separate words for this.
attraction can certainly be forgotten. i used to be attracted to the idea of being a fireman as a kid, and now im not. many people used to be attracted to their ex girlfriends and boyfriends, and now they are not. we used to play with stuffed animals and now we want real ones. sexual attractions are not a gender or species. memories come and go as they please.
im getting a very uncomfortable feeling that somethings going on here. people are born with the ability to be be attracted, but they have no knowledge of what they can be attracted to until they find it. just because you get to animals first doesnt mean you are born with it.

a person who is really attracted to animals should be giving more credit to the animals for being attractive, not to themselves.

the English language isnt really stupid either. you have to be careful how you choose to read into it. you can get the wrong ideas you want from it.

sorry for snipping the rest, this is the one part i find weirdly interesting. what makes you think that? what do you think ppl like me (zoo-exclusives) have to "feel special" or "superior" about? that we can't ever publicly show our partners while referring to them as such? that we can't ever show them to our friends and family (in the "look, this is my boy/girlfriend" sort of way)? that we can't have a meaningful conversation with them? that we have to be secretive about our sex lifes (like, can't talk about it anywhere but here) so our partners aren't taken away and/or destroyed just because they're a different species? that we will see them grow old and die while we don't? and when they pass the consolation outside of this forum we get is "just get a new one"? imagine you lost someone you knew was "the one" for you and "oh, it was just a dog. get over it" is all the consolidation you got from ppl who are supposed to be the closest to you, this happened to me.

i'm sorry you feel like the label "zoo-exclusive" feels like some sort of badge or whatever to you, it isn't... there are no attempts at "elitism" or "gatekeeping" it's literally just a description. you know, like how you'd call a person born with black hair "black haired". they can dye it brown for some time, but they're still black haired under it. no special status or anything, just calling things what they are. you are or were attracted to humans as well as animals = you aren't zoo exclusive. i'm not attracted to humans, but am attracted to animals = i'm zoo-exclusive. maybe i'll find that human attraction some day, it would make sense biologically speaking and till that day comes i'm gonna describe myself as a zoo-exclusive and i stand behind my previous "ppl don't become zoo exclusive" statement. you don't choose your attractions...

many ppl don't seem to realize what a fucking curse being zoo-exclusive really is.
because its just something to feel special about when people know they are not. thats how many people are. they use whats available to them.

people become zoo exclusive for the same reason i stopped being attracted to Pokémon when i turned twelve. you grow out of it, you have bad experiences with it, you find something more attractive. people are zoo exclusive for the same reason they were never attracted to Pokémon. its just not attractive to them.

a legitimate attraction to animals is not supposed to be about you. its about the animals being attractive. the animals are born to be attractive, and as a person who is attracted to animals you are supposed to credit the animals for their attractiveness. not yourself or what you think you were born with. you should be discrediting others for being unattractive. otherwise you are saying "Animals are not really attractive, its something I did." thats not sincerely being attracted to animals, so how could it ever really be zoo exclusive? its a choice to misrepresent oneself.

what would you think of a man who says they are attracted to women because he is straight? a real straight person is attracted to women because women are hot. he doesnt compliment himself for the womans looks or personality.

you also wouldnt think its a curse to be zoo exclusive either, because you shouldnt want what you claim doesnt attract you anyways. if you dont like being attracted to animals then you are not really attracted to them. there is something else compelling you to be.
so you must be mistaking a psychiatric disorder for others peoples sexuality. otherwise in order to be the kind of exclusive you are portraying, you would have had to be locked in a room with animals from the time you were born and never know about or experience anything else.

Last edited:
I'm not going to downplay any of your trauma, as I don't know your experiences at all with humans. I would suggest that you do work towards what makes you happy, with your heart open to the possibility of change.

I am perfectly happy in my life with my canine lover Max, however I can see how that might not the the best for everyone depending on what you want out of a relationship. As outwards as I am online, I am not so much IRL, and the social interactions I get with my friends mixed with the genuine companionship I have with Max is a wonderful mix for me. However it might not be enough for others. Sexually or not.

because its just something to feel special about when people know they are not. thats how many people are. they use whats available to them.

people become zoo exclusive for the same reason i stopped being attracted to Pokémon when i turned twelve. you grow out of it, you have bad experiences with it, you find something more attractive. people are zoo exclusive for the same reason they were never attracted to Pokémon. its just not attractive to them.

a legitimate attraction to animals is not supposed to be about you. its about the animals being attractive. the animals are born to be attractive, and as a person who is attracted to animals you are supposed to credit the animals for their attractiveness. not yourself or what you think you were born with. you should be discrediting others for being unattractive. otherwise you are saying "Animals are not really attractive, its something I did." thats not sincerely being attracted to animals, so how could it ever really be zoo exclusive? its a choice to misrepresent oneself.

what would you think of a man who says they are attracted to women because he is straight? a real straight person is attracted to women because women are hot. he doesnt compliment himself for the womans looks or personality.

you also wouldnt think its a curse to be zoo exclusive either, because you shouldnt want what you claim doesnt attract you anyways. if you dont like being attracted to animals then you are not really attracted to them. there is something else compelling you to be.
so you must be mistaking a psychiatric disorder for others peoples sexuality. otherwise in order to be the kind of exclusive you are portraying, you would have had to be locked in a room with animals from the time you were born and never know about or experience anything else.
This makes so little sense I am finding it difficult to believe it's a real viewpoint. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

This makes so little sense I am finding it difficult to believe it's a real viewpoint. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
i would appreciate it if you told us all why it doesnt make sense instead of cheating peoples prejudice towards me to do it for you. please have a real reason. im tired of peoples games.

i would appreciate it if you told us all why it doesnt make sense instead of cheating peoples prejudice towards me to do it for you. please have a real reason. im tired of peoples games.
The reason I gave: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If you have to ask... then probably not. You'll know for sure when you prefer it so much more that you don't even have to think about deciding. If you're honest with yourself, you'll know what makes you happy.
Agreed, has to be something you find yourself physically attracted too; have types and preferences for.

I'm not zoo exclusive , I get along fine with people. I don't particularly trust a lot of humans but I don't really worry about sex with either. I love my dog, I love my partner. What more do I need. If I didn't have my human partner, I don't think even then I'd be zoo exclusive.

Back