Is Zoo Common Among Pagans?

I don't think it's common among any given group but I'm willing to bet zoos are more likely to be pagan by sheer dint of Judaism & Christianity taking the stance of "murder both the human and the animal" towards bestiality

Pagan is a descriptor mostly used by the establishment religions to label anyone outside that group, or had polytheist beliefs. It isnt a religion all by itself, just a tag.
Pagans, being pretty much the same as anyone else, aren't more or less likely to be Zoo

Last edited:
I don't think it's common among any given group but I'm willing to bet zoos are more likely to be pagan by sheer dint of Judaism & Christianity taking the stance of "murder both the human and the animal" towards bestiality
That pretty much matches my experiences, the only place I stumbled upon self proclaimed "german pagans" is the zoo community. The christianity percentage in the pool I have seen on reddit when /r/zoophilia still existed was in single digits, way lower than what You might expect based on geographical distribution. I myself was a christian and the way the bible treats us made me finally analyze it in depth which quickly led to atheism.

As a 'Pagan', I don't like being called pagan lol. :gsd_nervous:

However I do agree that in general those of religions (or no religion) other than the 'traditional' Abrahamic religions seem more open in general to many things. It's easy to be

As a 'Pagan', I don't like being called pagan lol. :gsd_nervous:

However I do agree that in general those of religions (or no religion) other than the 'traditional' Abrahamic religions seem more open in general to many things. It's easy to be
Bah, pagans is fine - it's the *UNWASHED* pagans that stink! <heheheheh> See what I did there? Didja? Huh? Huh? Yageddit?
Oh, never mind - I know when I'm un(der)appreciated... <slinks out the door>

I don’t know of any fallowers Odin That are into zoo. Matter of fact I only know of one person that fallows the old Norse believe. They may be just as rare as we are.

All I know is I went to a religious school, its a school of England school, and a hard-core school at that, yet when I was reaching pubity I felt a strong attraction to zoo, it started with horses then moved to dogs then horses then dogs again and now I'm in love with horses again, to be honest I love all animals, maybe the religious school I went to taught me to love all creature great and small a bit too much.

Either way I love the person I am and I love the animals and zoo community, its almost like fate.

Profound MrEd particularly your reference to "hard-core" *lol*. I love your love of horses, dogs n horses. Nice.

Now I suspect that Pagans into Zoo will nicely fit into our Western Statistics covering most other fetishes.! Just sayin ;-)

Profound MrEd particularly your reference to "hard-core" *lol*. I love your love of horses, dogs n horses. Nice.°

Now I suspect that Pagans into Zoo will nicely fit into our Western Statistics covering most other fetishes.! Just sayin ;-)
Well when I way hard core I mean they forced us to a strict way of learning, they wanted us to respect everything as though it had a soul and as such I believe

I also went to a strict religious school growing up, lol. I remember being in church feeling all these zooey things...

I suppose by reading multiple replies a person can see that Pagan means both a derogatory term for non-Christians, and also in modern times as a big umbrella term for nature based religious people that are not a believer of Abrahamic religions. The most common form of Paganism in the US seems to be polytheism and a mix of New Age. Some people would place Druidry, Nordic religions, and Wicca under this big umbrella, but I know that some authors of druid books don't agree. Personally, I think it is fitting for all the nature based religions of the West to be considered Pagan.

I'm a naturalistic Pagan, or some Atheist combo. I feel a spiritual connection with nature, but I don't believe in any gods.

I do think Pagans are more likely to be accepting of zoo lifestyles. I also think that some may even see it as a way to commune with nature, and be closer or more entwined to it. I sometimes fantasize about a Beltane celebration including a woman being mated with a stud pony in a ceremonial setting at a Pagan gathering. What a fertility fest that would be!

I'm a very active in the Pagan community and a Spiritual Councilor with ties to several varied Pagan groups that I work closely with.
Because of my connections and the oaths I took, I can't go into details but I can tell you that I know more Zoos that are of... let's say "alternative faiths" than of "mainstream faiths."

Now I can't say that there are more Zoos in the Pagan faith than any other... But I can say that there are many Zoos that are Pagan simply because of the more accepting attitudes that many of us have. But that definitely doesn't mean you want to go around waving a banner and announcing it to every Grove, Coven, Clan, Moot, or Lodge you go to... That's just asking for a world of hurt.

On a side note, if you look at the root of the word Pagan it means "People of the Earth." Granted that it was (and often still is) used by the Catholic Church (and many others) as a derogatory term to describe anyone of a "Idolatry Faith" but I don't take offense... After all, aren't we all on earth?
To quote "From the dust of the Earth we rose and on our last days, to the dust of the Earth we shall return. Ashes to ashes and dust to dust."

I'm a very active in the Pagan community and a Spiritual Councilor with ties to several varied Pagan groups that I work closely with.
Because of my connections and the oaths I took, I can't go into details but I can tell you that I know more Zoos that are of... let's say "alternative faiths" than of "mainstream faiths."

Now I can't say that there are more Zoos in the Pagan faith than any other... But I can say that there are many Zoos that are Pagan simply because of the more accepting attitudes that many of us have. But that definitely doesn't mean you want to go around waving a banner and announcing it to every Grove, Coven, Clan, Moot, or Lodge you go to... That's just asking for a world of hurt.

On a side note, if you look at the root of the word Pagan it means "People of the Earth." Granted that it was (and often still is) used by the Catholic Church (and many others) as a derogatory term to describe anyone of a "Idolatry Faith" but I don't take offense... After all, aren't we all on earth?
To quote "From the dust of the Earth we rose and on our last days, to the dust of the Earth we shall return. Ashes to ashes and dust to dust."
Thanks for the insight.. i think i found my calling how do i start?.

thank you! as a wonnabe fellow of central-/northern european polytheistic practice I was kinda irritated by the title of this thread. faith is faith and people are people. many, exspecially the nordic or hellenistic myths center around someone who shapeshifts to have a little fun with humans, or other animals, but then again, if you as a follower of this religion are not already into that you most likly wont think "yeah, sure, I'll try next sunday". its just like - and I ry to simplify this - with this argument of conservatives, that often preach if queer sexualities are taught at school (for the pupose, that growing kids know they are not freaks, that they are not an isolated case, that they are just as normal as every other kid, no matter if straight, lesbian, nonbinary or any kind on the sexuality spectrum) it will turn their children "that way". which I hope we all agree is a little bit (a lot) stupid. I myself was taught how photosynthesis work, but I still cant survive on water, light and a little but of soil...
what I was saying: if you were now interested in animals in the beginning it wont change by any kind of religion. people may feel they are more welcomed in a certain kind of religion because of the overall appeal, but not because of one singular aspect of it for which there is no advertizement : D "hey, we are the fhboirf, we drink our beer cold and fresh, we worship such and such, this are our main focusses and we copulate with our animal companions as often as we like, as long as those companions want to too. come around for an internship. bring doggie treats and a well loosend hole - we are having a party" even though that might be hillariouse...
and even when one is compelled to some religion, that might feel friendly towards "us" there will always be the mayority, that will oppose, and the human nature is one of opposing things they dont understand. it always comes down to the single person. one might say its your deal. another might be entirely indifferent, but the third will probably be disgusted and call the authorities on you. and no religious freedom will safe one from those consequences.

To quote "From the dust of the Earth we rose and on our last days, to the dust of the Earth we shall return. Ashes to ashes and dust to aid!

Well said! I've heard Pagans are generally more open to zoo because of that deeper Nature connection.

I love this thread 🥰

Back