Is this too much blood?

Ehdude

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
My bitch have birth about a week ago. Is this too much blood?

Attachments

• IMG_20210215_001522599.jpg
    IMG_20210215_001522599.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 229
I'm not particularly concerned. More a roommate keeps saying somethings wrong. The total daily leakage is less than an ounce and viscous.

I have to agree with @Wasbitchpolly on this one. If you are concerned, take your girl to the vet. There's only a handful of veterinarian zoos on here, and it's hard to diagnose if anything is wrong by a picture alone. I tend to err on the side of caution with my girls. It's better to take them to the vet at the first sign of any potential issues, rather than wait and find out you're too late.

Last edited:
Yeah, that looks like a trip to the vet. If I remember correctly, dogs do not bleed that much, normally.

granted i'm not a vet, but i'd say any amount of blood (outside of heat or a day or two after giving birth) is "too much blood". get her to vet.

i'm not judging you, but it seems rather odd you're "not particularly concerned". my girl will be giving birth in about two weeks and i'm sure as hell going to rush her to the vet after literally any sign of anything being amiss.

about a week after birth id be taking mum and all babies for a health check, better to be seen and nothing wrong then loosing your girl and all the pups, toxic shock will kill very fast in dogs and humans..

I'm
granted i'm not a vet, but i'd say any amount of blood (outside of heat or a day or two after giving birth) is "too much blood". get her to vet.

i'm not judging you, but it seems rather odd you're "not particularly concerned". my girl will be giving birth in about two weeks and i'm sure as hell going to rush her to the vet after literally any sign of anything being amiss.
I'm not particularly concerned due to her showing no signs of infection or anemia.

Stop trying to be more "concerned" then your fella brother, a girl in heat will bleed a faire amount and drip everywhere, this is not a cause for concerne unless she shows signs of pain, stop trying to seem like a saint to give you a sense of being better than your fella brother.

Stop trying to be more "concerned" then your fella brother, a girl in heat will bleed a faire amount and drip everywhere, this is not a cause for concerne unless she shows signs of pain, stop trying to seem like a saint to give you a sense of being better than your fella brother.
You don't read too well, do you? "in heat" bleeding is one thing. This is a discussion about a bitch that whelped a week ago, and is bleeding a rather nasty looking mess that doesn't bear even the faintest resemblance to the bleeding seen running up to coming into heat, with visible swelling of the vulva that immediately makes me think "infection of some kind". Taken together, these are pretty strong signs that something serious is out of whack in her "lady parts". Something serious enough to have a very real risk of being fatal.

I'm

I'm not particularly concerned due to her showing no signs of infection or anemia.
swelling is a pretty big sign of infection...
you missed what we're discussing here "brother". the girl in question is swollen and bleeding a full week after giving birth.

Still prohibited from driving due to weather. Thankfully the bleeding stopped and now she is just whimpering and propositioning the male dogs when I walk her.

Still prohibited from driving due to weather. Thankfully the bleeding stopped and now she is just whimpering and propositioning the male dogs when I walk her.
That ain't right, dude. Not this soon. Something's definitely out of kilter. You need to get her to the doc or you're likely to lose her AND the pups.

Back