I need the whole "wear a condom, don't ejaculate inside a dog's vagina" logic explained to me some more

Dogpilled

Tourist
I remember it being something about bacterial infections if a semen gets into a womb without causing pregnancies.

But if that were true then wouldn't human women who had sex on birth control (or who were infertile) also experience this problem?

It seems odd there wouldn't be some natural method for expelling semen that doesn't fertilize an egg, since the majority of sperm fails to do that anyway.

I dont know fully, but that seems abit weird. I of cause cant say I hasnt tried, you know, it. But I remember from reading that the only real kind of problem there can cause to have sex with a female dog, is that there is a added risk of fungus. As a bitch is abit warmer and more moist then a human is.

Im sure someone that had done it will tell it more and correct me if Im wrong. It is just what I had read

"Im not a doctor" Someone most likely

ph value of dogs pussy is more neutral - human or horse pussy is more sour - that causes that bad bacteria can etablish and travel better in a dogs pussy - be sure to be clean and that should minimize the risk
how do you clean your sperm from a dog pussy by the way? Do you wipe it down, or use water or some other method? I've seen in videos that a lot actually comes right out but i dont know if that is all that went in or not, so i'm curious how do you clean up the rest

I remember it being something about bacterial infections if a semen gets into a womb without causing pregnancies.

But if that were true then wouldn't human women who had sex on birth control (or who were infertile) also experience this problem?

It seems odd there wouldn't be some natural method for expelling semen that doesn't fertilize an egg, since the majority of sperm fails to do that anyway.
I think it's pyo
Dogs aren't breed to have recreational sex like humans. And much of human history mating involved rape. The women who got a disease died. Because the human sperm doesn't do anything, it may cause a reaction if a lot is built up.

how do you clean your sperm from a dog pussy by the way? Do you wipe it down, or use water or some other method? I've seen in videos that a lot actually comes right out but i dont know if that is all that went in or not, so i'm curious how do you clean up the rest
when u are clean and healthy ur sperm should be ok and no problem, vagina is capable of getting it out

You definitely wouldn't want to flush it out with water, that'll likely flush away some of her good flora and will negatively affect her pH. Canine vagina, like most vaginas, are self regulating and cleaning when healthy. When you ejaculate inside of a vagina your sperm immediately separates from the waste ejaculate. The majority of the waste ejaculate is pushed/leaked out and often licked up. It's also why it's definitely good practice to take your female canine outside to pee shortly after sex, it'll allow her to naturally flush out a lot of that waste ejaculate as well.

The vagina itself is laced with mucus. This mucus captures and absorbs any leftover waste ejaculate and unused sperm. The body eventually processes this material and it is eventually expelled from the body as waste, generally in the form of urine. That's a pretty standard system that most mammals use.

The main thing you need to do is make sure that your dick is clean. I generally hop in the shower just before every love making session. You can also wipe just inside the vulva. It's what a lot of breeders do before artificial insemination. Although it's definitely no replacement for a clean dick. About the worse thing you can do is go in her with a dirty dick.

The only thing you need to do is make sure that your dick is clean. I generally hop in the shower just before every love making session. You can also wipe just inside the vulva. It's what a lot of breeders do before artificial insemination. Although it's definitely no replacement for a clean dick. About the worse thing you can do is go in her with a dirty dick.
This is good advice no matter who/what you're penetrating!

It's also why it's definitely good practice to take your female canine outside to pee shortly after sex
I was just talking to a doctor about this, and he says this same advice applies to women too cause it's a proven way to prevent a UTI. I never took that advice seriously until he mentioned it and I did some research on it. I think as long as you practice good common sense hygiene for the two of you things should be ok. I don't do anything too special other than keeping the two of us clean, and things seem to be fine...

I was just talking to a doctor about this, and he says this same advice applies to women too cause it's a proven way to prevent a UTI. I never took that advice seriously until he mentioned it and I did some research on it.
Indeed. A lot of things that are applicable to women are also applicable to canines, mares, bovine, and well... mammals in general. What some people don't realize is that canines share pretty much all the same sexual organs as women, only slightly rearranged, reconfigured, and repositioned. Heck, there's plenty of people out there that don't even know that female canines have clitorises and can have orgasms. Just as maintenance and cleaning is important to your own sexual parts, the same is true for your non-human sexual partners.

Indeed. A lot of things that are applicable to women are also applicable to canines, mares, bovine, and well... mammals in general. What some people don't realize is that canines share pretty much all the same sexual organs as women, only slightly rearranged, reconfigured, and repositioned. Heck, there's plenty of people out there that don't even know that females canines have clitorises and can have orgasms.
It's a pleasant coincidence. It's pretty crazy how well dogs and humans get along... all the way down to the sexual stuff.

The great furrynewfie described the point.
But bitches can still have pyometra despite how clean you are or do - Actually it happens without breeding. If you dont want your bitch to have pyometra get her bred and have puppies.

Never had that issue with any of my girls, they take care of themselves, have had love sessions more than once a day and they stay clean, mares and many other species I've been with are the same across the board.

But bitches can still have pyometra despite how clean you are or do - Actually it happens without breeding. If you dont want your bitch to have pyometra get her bred and have puppies.
It's true, no matter how clean a person's dick is, the dog can still have pyo. However, a clean penis is also important, because the dog can also get vaginal and urinary tract infections, which is unpleasant for him and explaining to the vet is also unpleasant.

Unfortunately, pyo cannot be prevented with a clean penis, but it is definitely important.
The cause of pyo is primarily hormonal and aging-related or genetic. The third reason is hygiene.
Due to pregnancy and childbirth, the inner wall of the uterus does not become folded, so bacteria sticks to it less, but this is not a complete guarantee of avoiding pyo. Moreover, 1-2 calvings are not enough, for this a breeding bitch is required. It's hard to sell that many puppies if you're not a breeder. And even so, there is a chance for pyo, just a smaller one. And, not all zoophiles want their female dog to have sex with another dog, because he lives with her as such a close companion (of course there is insemination, but some people don't want that either).

Pyo is a very bad thing, because it is a dangerous condition for the dog, which can lead to death, and after pyo surgery, sex also ceases, because the vagina is sewn up.

I always ejaculate in my dogs, even in heat. If the dog gets pyo, it is not because of the semen.

Last edited:
to my knowledge the danger time is when heat is going away and maybe a month after that
i remember reading somewhere here that you should wait about 3-4 weeks after heat before penetrating them again but better be sure and go for 4

to my knowledge the danger time is when heat is going away and maybe a month after that
During the heat (+1-2 week) and two months later (58-62 day to 1-2 week) after the heat (when "in theory" calving would take place).

During the heat, the cervix is open, hormones are on the ceiling and the body is stressed. However, in such cases, the pus can leave, it can be quickly noticed and cured in most cases without surgery (especially if you are young).

At the time of "calving", the hormones are at their peak again (not in all dogs), the cervix is usually closed, but it could also be open, the body is again under strain, but not to such an extent. In such cases, in the case of a closed cervix, the problem is that there is no discharge and it accumulates in the uterus. Those who know their dog well and are aware of it will recognize it in time and perhaps it can be solved without surgery. Those who know their dog less well tend to notice it late. For them, it can only be cured with surgery if they survive.

In old dogs, surgery is almost always necessary, because their bodies/immunity are no longer as strong and the uterine wall is strongly folded inside, so the discharge sticks to it, even if the uterus is opened (with hormone injection).

The first day of heat is the first drop of blood. From here on, the heat lasts 21 days, it can last a few days longer. The cervix then closes completely in 1-2 weeks.
This is the one month period when you have to pay attention.

The "calving" is 58-62 days from the middle of the heat (when the dog would mate and fertilize), then the hormone level rises and this lasts for 1-2 weeks. This is the 3-week period when you also have to pay attention.

It usually occurs in older dogs, but it can happen in young ones (rarely). After they are 5 years old, I already give them an immune booster for the heat and the "calving". E.g. DMG.
Vetri DMG for USA.

Unfortunately, pyo is also a matter of luck. The dog can die even if we pay attention to the signs, and some people always have sex with dirty hands without bathing and the dog will never be harmed. Luck and lottery.
No need to worry, pyo is "not common", but unfortunately it is also a danger. Life as a zoophile is hard, dogs live much shorter lives and can die from many diseases, not just pyo. Stomach twisting, intestinal twisting, ticks, paralysis, tumor, etc., these are just as risky.

Last edited:
Pyometra is unrelated to cleanliness, it is a problem of tissue buildup at the cervix which allows vaginal bacteria into the uterus. It is a hereditary problem, which means different breeds will have different risks and it can vary among different lineages as well.

Here is a paper Breed Variations in the Incidence of Pyometra and Mammary Tumours in Swedish Dogs which covers a fairly large number of Swedish dogs collected from insurance data. As you can see, some dogs like the Great Dane have very high incidences (62% by age 10) and others, such as the Greyhound (11% by age 10) are relatively low. Pyo is pretty common and risk goes up as a bitch gets older due to the nature of the cause (tissue buildup). Larger breeds are on average at higher risk than smaller breeds and since larger breeds are more common, the problems will be more common among zoos.

To put that into context, the Greyhound risk has just slightly more than a 1 in 10 chance whereas the Great Dane was significantly more than half. Certain lineages are more prone to pyo than others.

Problems can occur at any time, but pyometra is most common 1-2 months after estrus.

The problem with these statistics is that it also includes dogs kept in a low quality of life, which probably have a weaker immune system and are more prone to diseases. Zoophiles typically ensure a better quality of life for their dog, so in theory the chance of diseases is lower than what is shown in the statistics.

Furthermore, there is also the problem of what counts as a breed. If they are all pedigree dogs, the statistics will be inaccurate. If there are individuals without a pedigree in it, it is also inaccurate, since it is "somewhat a mixture".

You definitely wouldn't want to flush it out with water, that'll likely flush away some of her good flora and will negatively affect her pH. Canine vagina, like most vaginas, are self regulating and cleaning when healthy. When you ejaculate inside of a vagina your sperm immediately separates from the waste ejaculate. The majority of the waste ejaculate is pushed/leaked out and often licked up. It's also why it's definitely good practice to take your female canine outside to pee shortly after sex, it'll allow her to naturally flush out a lot of that waste ejaculate as well.

The vagina itself is laced with mucus. This mucus captures and absorbs any leftover waste ejaculate and unused sperm. The body eventually processes this material and it is eventually expelled from the body as waste, generally in the form of urine. That's a pretty standard system that most mammals use.

The main thing you need to do is make sure that your dick is clean. I generally hop in the shower just before every love making session. You can also wipe just inside the vulva. It's what a lot of breeders do before artificial insemination. Although it's definitely no replacement for a clean dick. About the worse thing you can do is go in her with a dirty dick.
I clean up even with human ponane. Hygiene always!

The problem with these statistics is that it also includes dogs kept in a low quality of life, which probably have a weaker immune system and are more prone to diseases. Zoophiles typically ensure a better quality of life for their dog, so in theory the chance of diseases is lower than what is shown in the statistics.

Furthermore, there is also the problem of what counts as a breed. If they are all pedigree dogs, the statistics will be inaccurate. If there are individuals without a pedigree in it, it is also inaccurate, since it is "somewhat a mixture".

It's all risk assessment, there are no hard numbers unless one has access to detailed information from the breeder and even then it's not going to be a 100% perfect predictor. It is howerver, useful for someone who has a dog from a known high susceptibility breed who doesn't have access to the breeder or there isn't any data on the lineage. Should you spay? When? I would say for a person having a Sweedish Great Dane it might be prudent to consider spay before 8, but that's an individual issue which needs to be seriously considered and evaluated.
We work with the best information we have and unless someone links to better information, this is the best I am aware of on the topic.

I hate to say it, but there are some in this community who keep dogs in a "low quality of life" and others who provide significantly better. Unless one has data showing otherwise, it's logical to apply the data to estimate risk.

It's all risk assessment, there are no hard numbers unless one has access to detailed information from the breeder and even then it's not going to be a 100% perfect predictor. It is howerver, useful for someone who has a dog from a known high susceptibility breed who doesn't have access to the breeder or there isn't any data on the lineage. Should you spay? When? I would say for a person having a Sweedish Great Dane it might be prudent to consider spay before 8, but that's an individual issue which needs to be seriously considered and evaluated.
We work with the best information we have and unless someone links to better information, this is the best I am aware of on the topic.

I hate to say it, but there are some in this community who keep dogs in a "low quality of life" and others who provide significantly better. Unless one has data showing otherwise, it's logical to apply the data to estimate risk.
Everyone decides for himself how to keep his dog. I would definitely not neuter a healthy dog because he will be old and have a higher chance of pyo. Especially not based on statistics, which is of questionable value.
If you have pyo, you have to have surgery at an older age anyway. If a healthy dog is operated on for safety reasons, there is a chance that it may never have had pyo and a healthy dog will be broken unnecessarily.
Of course, the risk of death is somewhat higher this way, although taking into account non-sexually origin fatal diseases (a neutered dog can die from many other things, pyo is not the only danger, a neutered dog will not automatically live longer), it is no longer so significant, so I choose this.

Back