i do not wish to offend anyone with this post. do any of you feel... ashamed of who you are?

I'm not ashamed of who I am but I'm a little confused at why I enjoy what I like, scared at times , excited and turned on by the sheer naughtyness, thrilled by the adrenaline rush I get by doing something so kinky then let down by the guilt I feel afterwards.
its definitely a rollercoaster "oh fuck yeah that felt so good and naughty...shit what did I just do"
in my eyes long as I'm treating said animal with respect and love and not just using it for sex and pleasure I have no shame to myself

but yeah if I were outed 100% ashamed

I had issues when I was younger, thinking I was a monster/rapist and just carrying around some form of darkness but over the years I've largely come to terms with it & in my opinion it isn't for "the public" to know about, its firmly a behind closed doors affair.

The fact is every animal I've interacted with enjoyed it and came back to me the next day as if I was there best friend.

It's just very unfortunate we're not in a society where you can be open about it or joke around with friends etc.

The long & short of it is - the quicker you come to terms with & accept the fact you enjoy animal fun, the happier you'll be.

Last edited:
I was never ashamed. I love dogs, I consider them more than people. I consider myself more of an animal than a human.
Basically what I do is normal. If I lived with a human it would be sick, because I am a wolf. :husky_laughing:

I haven't yet had the honor or pleasure of partaking, though it's not for lack of trying. The opportunity just hasn't presented itself yet. I've never been ashamed of my desires, or the times when I might have inappropriately touched a sheathed cock, but I imagine that might all change when I finally get the opportunity to get knotted and more. It's good to know there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here that I can turn to if I need it.

I can happily say that I am not ashamed. It wasn't always like that though. I struggled with understanding my feelings growing up. What made it even more difficult was when I was in love with my first k9 lover durring high school. Everyone going on dates and talking about girls. Even though I was in many social circles I felt like I couldn't talk about relationships because then questions would be asked that I didn't want to answer. Hell I even got a gf just to keep up appearances.
Today is a different story. I am a proud zoo and pretty open about it. I saw some one mention they wouldn't get a paw tattoo lol well I do have a paw tattoo with a zeta in the middle. We all show our pride in different ways. Just find a way to be happy with who you are. Accepting yourself can be a giant step in the right direction for ones mental health.

I am a 23 y/o transguy who have always been into girls.
I also happen to have a rather low sex drive, and I am very content with being single and I do not crave for any sort of intimacy. Especially not emotionally.
But at the same time, I have also always been into male dogs. Which is weird because I'm not into human males at all really. At least I don't think so. I consider myself straight. Seriously. I am so confused by this.

I do not live by myself at the moment, and I have only been with a dog yeaaaars ago, but ever since then I have had, uh, a craving. But I hate it. It makes me feel ashamed. I don't understand why. Is it the taboo of it all? What else could it be? I want to keep it behind closed doors, but internally acting out on it would make me feel so ashamed, even though I really want to act on it someday.

Does anyone else feel the same?
I like k9 girls but because i may have some experience i will tell you. If you did at least one time sex with a dog, there is a bond that only a priest can cancel. You can fight that feelings but if you can’t win them you need a priest.You will have the memory of that sex but the guilt, shame, etc will go away. Going back to sex with dogs will bring feelings back. Hope it helps

I have a therapist that I talk to (not about this) that says shame is a worthless feeling. I’m growing to really appreciate and accept who I am. I have two furry friends that I love more than anything and finally feel like I can be with them how I want to. I love who I am and my friends and that’s all that matters.

I have a therapist that I talk to (not about this) that says shame is a worthless feeling. I’m growing to really appreciate and accept who I am. I have two furry friends that I love more than anything and finally feel like I can be with them how I want to. I love who I am and my friends and that’s all that matters.
Good for you keep up the good spirt

I love and enjoy playing, watching vids, and talking about zoo... But after I do feel rather ashamed. I think I'm twisted and would die if anyone ever found out. Being here and seeing so many others that think and feel like me helps a ton! You guys rock!

I'm not ashamed, but I have to keep it a secret. But does keeping it a secret inherently mean I'm ashamed?
No …u jus don’t wanna b judged. It’s ok….I’d nvr tell any of my frnds…..my bf’s frnds that knows me…understand that I will b hurt if they make fun of me. If my bf is out of town he usually leaves me with one of his frnds to watch me an they have been nice 2 mee🥰🌹

I’m in pretty much the same boat as OP. But, I’m not sure if I’m “ashamed” or just overly cautious because views on zoophilia in my town is VERY off limits.
At times I wish it were different, but I see so much love and care in this community and I don’t want to give up on that hope that someday we might find an animal lover that fills the void in our heart.

I’m in pretty much the same boat as OP. But, I’m not sure if I’m “ashamed” or just overly cautious because views on zoophilia in my town is VERY off limits.
At times I wish it were different, but I see so much love and care in this community and I don’t want to give up on that hope that someday we might find an animal lover that fills the void in our heart.
I feel your struggle and there have been days where I've thought of moving to another state just to not have to keep looking over my shoulder every 2 seconds. But really its no ones business who or what you sleep with and as long as you keep the curtains drawn and the tv or radio on no one is going to find out. Not unless you're neighbors are super nosey. They're not are they? Cause if you run into problems where they are all up in your business report them for violating your right to privacy.

I don't personally feel ashamed. When you adopt a dog you're making a 12 or 16 year commitment to meeting their needs. On love, vet care, nutrition and exercise everyone agrees, but why not sex too? I don't think frustration or castration should be the only choices.

My dogs have always known instinctively that they could find comfort with me and I've always chosen to be receptive. I take pleasure in their pleasure, whether it's on the beach throwing a ball or in the bedroom. It's very natural I think, and the deepest expression of love.

Of course I would be ashamed if anyone found out. I have a lot anxiety about that. Comet is very well trained and doesn't show interest in women in public settings but I constantly worry that people can look at us and just know 😅

I don't personally feel ashamed. When you adopt a dog you're making a 12 or 16 year commitment to meeting their needs. On love, vet care, nutrition and exercise everyone agrees, but why not sex too? I don't think frustration or castration should be the only choices.

My dogs have always known instinctively that they could find comfort with me and I've always chosen to be receptive. I take pleasure in their pleasure, whether it's on the beach throwing a ball or in the bedroom. It's very natural I think, and the deepest expression of love.

Of course I would be ashamed if anyone found out. I have a lot anxiety about that. Comet is very well trained and doesn't show interest in women in public settings but I constantly worry that people can look at us and just know 😅
Love it keep up the good work

For this lifestyle, no. For other reasons yes.
Dealt with depression and mood disorders for many years, the more I learned about myself I found that I was never satisfied that I was successful enough and still struggle with it.

I also happen to have a rather low sex drive, and I am very content with being single and I do not crave for any sort of intimacy. Especially not emotionally.
But at the same time, I have also always been into male dogs. Which is weird because I'm not into human males at all really. At least I don't think so. I consider myself straight. Seriously. I am so confused by this.

I do not live by myself at the moment, and I have only been with a dog yeaaaars ago, but ever since then I have had, uh, a craving. But I hate it. It makes me feel ashamed. I don't understand why. Is it the taboo of it all? What else could it be? I want to keep it behind closed doors, but internally acting out on it would make me feel so ashamed, even though I really want to act on it someday.

I am a 58 year old female. I just wanted to share with you my feelings and where I am at. I also had an experience years ago in my 20’s where I woke up with my make dog licking between my legs and after the initial OMG I was slow to push him away. Yes I enjoyed it. Yes I felt shame. Blocked it out of my mind until a few months ago. I’ve had a dog or multiple dogs my entire adult life. Recently I rescued a male dog. He is very affectionate with his kisses and Ive never discouraged that tongue kissing. In fact I caught it in video and when my boyfriend watched it.. it opened up a conversation. Now it’s an attraction we share and decide to join this platform for more information and it’s been so nice having a safe environment to ask questions and read about experiences. I thought about the guilt thing but I’m ok with the fact that I love my dog. We are still in the experimental stages of all of this but we are definitely moving forward. All I can offer is do what you feel comfortable with at the time. See if an opportunity presents itself. Acknowledge your true feelings and don’t stuff them down it will only manifest somewhere else. In the meantime keep reading and watching and asking questions. I am so grateful for the opportunity to share where I am at with you.

I have but for different reasons.

What I can say is that I think it's because it's taboo and scrutinized by society. So we can't be out and about and be as open as we would wanted. That could lead to loneliness, depression, isolation, etc depending on the person. I'd suggest just really find a nice quiet place and just think on it. Try your best to unpack and understand all the pros and cons.

We are who we are at the end. How we go about finding and being happy matters. As long as you're a good person you're fine. Don't be a poop face and everything will work itself out. But don't beat yourself up about it either man.

Hope that helps. And if it doesn't, come back and we as a community might be able to help.

I used to feel shame. Over time I've come to terms with my attraction. I understand it. I can't participate, due to an allergy, so I'm resigned to watching. Which is also a problem outside of the internet, because I won't talk to anyone in rl about this. Personally I think the social aspect of the taboo gets alot of insecurities into our heads. Makes us feel shame for something that feels natural to us. Sometimes I feel like human on human can be more problematic than zoophilia. Humans carry diseases that are more easily spread than most animals. Also there are no mind games an animal can play on you. I would say that if you have a negative feeling about your impulses, look into were it stems from, what causes them and if you can take steps to lessen your shame then do so. Just don't lie to yourself. I just wouldn't go around telling people that you are possibly a zoo. Most people are violently repelled by just the concept.
I don't think it was shame I felt, more of "did not know" if I was the only one or not in this world. This is before the internet took off. Would I openly say I was Zoo, no.....society mutates constantly and as yet views Zoo as weird if not outright wrong. So, it is none of the world's business and I am not about to become a martyr in futility, the world is not ready yet, private groups like this one are good, it is a step.

i do not feel ashamed but i also do not follow a zoo life style, so i'm not sure that i would understand how a zoo lifestyle could take a toll on one's own personality

I do at times. I think shame comes from how society looks upon sex. Even vanilla man on woman sex has that stigma on it. As long as you're not hurting another living being, I say love what you love.

Growing up I sometimes felt ashamed for the feelings I had. As I got older those thoughts turned into depression and the occasional suicidal idealization. Last few years have defiantly been the hardest, especially not having a partner in my life. Being alone in all this has taken its toll, but I still go hoping for better.

Back