i do not wish to offend anyone with this post. do any of you feel... ashamed of who you are?

I appreciate the note, @Steven Raccoon ... I wouldn't go so far as to tell you to fuck off, partner *shrug* but maybe just a lil reminder to make sure you're not being as much of an asshole as they are being the idiot. New face or old hand around here, the outside world is a VERY incredibly unfriendly place for everyone in the zoo universe. Sorta nice that this place is 180° different than that.

Or should be.

Lil Stevie Blunder is at it again....yo, Stevie....you've said you're deaf....are you blind too? Either of those afflictions can bring out the worst in people... but the Dumpster is the place for incivility. Trying out to replace Rexie?

Ashamed? I suppose i would be if there wasnt loads everyone demands i be ashamed of, even just existing is a crime these days to some. All we can do really is shrug, try not to think about such minute details and let the pieces fall where they may. Regardless of attractions/affiliations i am told are wrong, regardless of prejudices i am told to have (even if not valid) or do have and are called evil for, regardless if by my own blunt honsty and pension for being way too wordy due to long term social isolation are seen as idiotic or wasteful, keep moving on and let the truth (even if most wont accept them) carry me. Its the best we can do given all the factors that keep us down in the mud. There is no acceptence it from others, we just have to accept that ourselves. While the future is uncertain, that feeling might never change.

I've felt shame for close to 30 years, though it has reduced significantly over the same span of time.

In the beginning I would seriously question what was wrong with me. Now, it's barely annoying and just part of the aftermath.

It is what it is.

I am a 23 y/o transguy who have always been into girls.
I also happen to have a rather low sex drive, and I am very content with being single and I do not crave for any sort of intimacy. Especially not emotionally.
But at the same time, I have also always been into male dogs. Which is weird because I'm not into human males at all really. At least I don't think so. I consider myself straight. Seriously. I am so confused by this.

I do not live by myself at the moment, and I have only been with a dog yeaaaars ago, but ever since then I have had, uh, a craving. But I hate it. It makes me feel ashamed. I don't understand why. Is it the taboo of it all? What else could it be? I want to keep it behind closed doors, but internally acting out on it would make me feel so ashamed, even though I really want to act on it someday.

Does anyone else feel the same?
I feel ashamed of being a zoophile, I tend to think I'm a total weirdo mostly because its a real taboo and also because I hear things like "Zoophiles" are mentally ill" or they deserve to die. Though I think every zoophiles been through that in their life honestly.

I noticed this post is pretty old I wonder if there are still people answering it.

I feel ashamed because society says i have to be of being a zoo. I don't think its wrong to love your animals. Its so stigmatized in my head thats its wrong coupled with the only time i came out to someone i trusted i was calles disgusting and fucked up... Really makes it hard to NOT be ashamed.

"I do not wish to offend anyone with this post. do any of you feel... ashamed of who you are?"
"No."

There is a difference between keeping your love life private because of shame,
and doing it to avoid torment, judgement,
and persecution.
It takes a certain kind of very open minded person to be able to understand this,
but believe it or not,
it is much more common than most people know, or will admit.
These are just regular people.
Some are very successful.
They go to work every day, just like everyone else.
The people around them never even suspect,
and see no signs.

For REAL beast lovers,
it is not a relation that is based on just sex.

The establishment states that it is only the most abominable form of sexual perversion,
and yet a higher percentage of the population than they will reveal, have chosen an alternative life, with an alternative life lover.

The establishment says a canine is being abused and forced.
It says that a canine cannot consent.
I have some news for all you narrow minded propaganda preachers and censor artists.

The owners purchase their animals as pets.
They take good care of them,
show them love, teach them rules,
let them sleep in their bed,
and that animal loves them deeply.
and then.....when the time comes.....
the sex is THEIR idea.
So the reality of the situation is such,
that it's up to YOU to consent.
That is an undeniable truth that cannot be disputed.
No matter what the mainstream claims.
If the owner has an animal that truly loves them,
and this owner chooses to consent to this animals sexual desires for them,
I see absolutely nothing wrong with this choice.

Some women say they will never have another man again.
They don't fight and argue,
they can communicate surprisingly well,
and both are perfectly happy in life.
They also say that a man could never be equal in love, or sex.
If you know what goes on when he's inside her,
it's easy to understand why.

The harshest condemnation will come from those who have secretly fantasized about doing it just one time, with sex being the only objective.
Only being deeply jealous of someone who has made the choice to live it in reality, and is happier in life because of it.

Try to look at it in a different perspective.
You' re not keeping your feelings hidden because of shame.
You do it to keep from being shunned, tormented, and stoned to death by a society that doesn't understand.
In 1941, Jewish people hid if they could.
In 1950, being gay was a dark underworld.
In 1960, being trans was nearly non-existent.
Society always rejects unconformity.

You're not any more abnormal than any of the millions of people who also have the same feelings.
They just dont advertise.
But I would say that you are much different than those who engage in the so-called "taboo" sins, strictly for sexual gratification only, that they keep hidden so well.
At least it sounds like you are not just a fetishist.
It sounds like all you need to do is accept it about yourself, and embrace it.
Live a life that makes YOU and your lover happy.
Not everyone else.
Happiness always breeds contempt from those who don't have it.

Haters please try to keep your envy in check.

If I had a wife,
I would rather have her taking my Danes knot during the day while I'm at work, than having her take turns with my friends and neighbors.
Wouldn't have to worry about a paternity test,
and wouldn't have to worry about an STD.

Just to clarify,
I hate using the term "owner",
but I use this term for literary purposes,
just to clarity character identification.

Best of luck to you.
Be proud....inside.
But be careful....everywhere else.
😁 👍

Sometimes I remember that I am an outcast, a black sheep if you will, then I have sex with one or both of my mates, and I remember that it's the people who look down on me, and my kind, that are wrong :D

I appreciate the note, @Steven Raccoon ... I wouldn't go so far as to tell you to fuck off, partner *shrug* but maybe just a lil reminder to make sure you're not being as much of an asshole as they are being the idiot. New face or old hand around here, the outside world is a VERY incredibly unfriendly place for everyone in the zoo universe. Sorta nice that this place is 180° different than that.

Or should be.
Very well said Puhp.
It's very nice to have a private platform here, with other like minded people who understand and can discuss things without judgement.
It makes a person who feels alienated feel like they are not so strange after all.
It's refreshing and uplifting.
You got it spot on for sure.

I also happen to have a rather low sex drive, and I am very content with being single and I do not crave for any sort of intimacy. Especially not emotionally.
But at the same time, I have also always been into male dogs. Which is weird because I'm not into human males at all really. At least I don't think so. I consider myself straight. Seriously. I am so confused by this.

I do not live by myself at the moment, and I have only been with a dog yeaaaars ago, but ever since then I have had, uh, a craving. But I hate it. It makes me feel ashamed. I don't understand why. Is it the taboo of it all? What else could it be? I want to keep it behind closed doors, but internally acting out on it would make me feel so ashamed, even though I really want to act on it someday.

Same here

Growing up in a religious community, I had to overcome the shame of sex with another human outside of marriage - an absolutely normal and accepted thing to do in a modern society. I'm not sure if my strict upbringing pushed me more towards the idea of sex with an animal (as nobody had ever mentioned it), or if I just have no shame left. Either way, I've never been given a good reason to feel ashamed of how I feel as long as no one is hurt by my actions.

It's hard not to feel ashamed when you are mentally living this double life! Having a partner or friend to confide into would make this so much easier.. it's just hard and unrealistic to expect it.

You absolutely will feel it at first, I did. Some nights I’d throw up because the thought stressed me out. What would my family say? What would my friends and colleagues say? But ultimately if you keep it behind closed doors you feel .. better. Joining a community like this will help you to accept this part of you. Act on it, try it. You will feel guilt and shame after, but after a few times and tries it’ll ease and feel so much better. Its helped me since i’ve been here

You absolutely will feel it at first, I did. Some nights I’d throw up because the thought stressed me out. What would my family say? What would my friends and colleagues say? But ultimately if you keep it behind closed doors you feel .. better. Joining a community like this will help you to accept this part of you. Act on it, try it. You will feel guilt and shame after, but after a few times and tries it’ll ease and feel so much better. Its helped me since i’ve been here
I can totally relate to your words.. it just has to be accepted and it is so much of a mental struggle to get to that point

For me, as a guy with a high sex drive and even close to hypersexuality, the want and desire for an animal companion as WELL as a human is a hard thing to deal with.

The stigma that's associated with "us" will push so many away. This "stigma" that I can't love animals in a different way breeds shame in my heart because I knew if anyone not of the same kind of mentality found out, shame floods in and my reputation is tarnished.

It's fickle. If you can find someone who is into it (don't go asking or telling random people) or can bear the shame of the double life in secret, there isn't any reason you can't do what you're desiring to do.

No I don't feel ashamed, just wish I could find people of same interests closer to me

Not sure if I've really responded to your specific concern, and I'm in the middle of getting ready for work so I'll just say this briefly, and I'm really kind of echoing the sentiment of many queer activists and people I've met - not to say you have to take on any labels whatsoever - because really sexuality is fluid and I don't think this is anything you need to be ashamed of. I was rereading your comment and had the urge to reassure you that there's really nothing wrong with that. There's plenty of gay men that seem to inexplicably be attracted to female animals. To me it's just a wonderful curiosity so be curious and kind to yourself. It's just the other side of the coin really if you think about it.

As long as i dont hurt or force animals i dont harm them. That would be shameful in my eyes. As long as i dont lie to my partnwr about it i dont have to be ashamed , he knows about it , got me into it a long time ago in fact and enjoys seeing me like that. The religious part i couldnt care less about cathlic priest molesting boys is abd such creatures are protected by there church so chrches in general lost all credibility and reason of exiating in my eyes.
Where i live in 2001 a gay teen was beaten to death by 2 cops and the media had a good chuckle about it so ofc i am hiding i see hear and feel therr hate daily but ill never be ashamed wouldnt give them the satisfaction

Sometimes yeah, but also other times not at all. I do hope that you stop feeling ashamed very soon.

I can only think of two instances in my whole life I truly felt shame from my zoophilia, at the times I didn't even know the word. The majority of my life has been spent ignoring it. When I wanted a pet I would always get a cat. Because, if I got a dog. . . I lived with the thought that if I didn't feed it it would go away.

I've been able to have three zoo relationships. All where sexual, two had an emotional connection, and one lasted a few years.
Today, I feel no shame.

Back