I am going to be saying goodbye to a friend

my condolences. i'm a bit jealous you get to know when "the time" is and can make sure her last day is the best day of her life. some of us didn't get that chance... then again, knowing it has to happen would've likely broke me as well

my condolences. i'm a bit jealous you get to know when "the time" is and can make sure her last day is the best day of her life. some of us didn't get that chance... then again, knowing it has to happen would've likely broke me as well
Rather be a surprise instead of suffering day by day

A loved on really. Not one I ever got with or anything but the love was there just like anyone who loves a dog. I am going to miss her so much but its what has to happen.
It really hurts when this happens. I remember scratching my cat under the chin, feeling him purr, and nodding to the vet to open the valve. On the short list of most painful moments in my life, but the right thing to do.

And please remember that as long as you can feel the love between you she is still alive in your heart.

Give her many hugs hold her paw when she goes let yourself be the last she sees
Absolutely. There are vets that will do it all without involving you, but choosing to let someone you love die alone is about the biggest betrayal I can think of.

Back