how to raise a puppy??

hi! very new to zoo stuff here but here goes.

my family is getting a new dog. he is a male and he is young right now, but i’m in college, so there are gaps that i’ll see him though. he will be probably 5-7 months old by the time i’m home full time again (i’m trying to learn age specifics rn)

i am interested in male dogs (i’m a 19 y/o transgender man (ftm) in the DMV area, if you’re an owner hit me up ;)) and would want to have a relationship with this dog in the future. how should i go about this?

i’m very very new to this, so anything from age of sexual maturity for dogs to tips on how to socialize with and show interest in dogs is appreciated! i have a genuine love for canines and want to make sure this relationship is healthy for both of us. pls give me advice!!

Read through the articles there for the sexual stuff. +

Other than that just treat your dog like any other dog.
Building a relationship with any animal is based on spending quality time with the animal and never hurting it.
For dogs that is walks, playing, treats, training (not for sex though), socialization with other dogs and situations.
Building a deep relationship can take years and it can take years before you are able to have sex with the dog, depending on how much you trust each other and how much the dog actually wants to have sex with you.

Back