How to download videos from video.zoo.cab?

I've been using a Firefox extension called Video DownloadHelper which seems to be able to download videos from almost any site no matter what, I've only come across VERY few videos which it couldn't grab (sometimes ending up with an empty file). As of the date of this post (1/20/20) it's working on video.zoo.cab/***********rocks perfectly fine.

Also if you're using Firefox you'd be surprised how often just Shift+Right Click -> Save Video... works on sites that seemingly have right click disabled...

Last edited:
Since a week downloadhelper did not work for me any longer at ***********rocks, any ideas??

Kallisto
Same here. I've tried several others as well with no luck. Anybody found a workaround?

EDIT: Per another thread, it appears the JDownloader 2 works. You'll need to download and install it on your computer. Not quite as simple as an extension, but it works.

Last edited:
I tested jdownloader 2 and it does not start the download.

There is also Tampermonkey with that script for the site but those buttons did not appear. Maybe that script needs updates. So no idea how to download.

Here is a work around with tampermonkey. This will generate a link to the source video, you then just right click and select save link as (clicking through will start pulling up the video on chrome, but APRs access control cuts you off pretty quickly).

I modified an outdated version of a script I found on a different thread. This version doesn't display all possible resolutions, but does show the default resolution, which tends to be the highest available. Anyone can feel free to modify this and add that feature.

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name         APR Direct Download Links
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      1.1
// @description  Working links to files provided in page footer
// @author       You
// @match        https://***************.co/video/*/*
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
        'use strict';

var doc = document.getElementsByClassName("vote-box")[0].parentElement;
        var dld = document.createElement("div");
        var lnk = document.getElementsByTagName("source")[0];
        var src = lnk.getAttribute("src");
        var res = lnk.getAttribute("res");
        dld.innerHTML += `<br><br><br><hr>
<a href="${src}" target="_blank" download>Download at ${res}p</a>
`;
        doc.insertBefore(dld, doc.childNodes[-5]);

})();

EDIT: Updated to match the new URL

Last edited:
Here is a work around with tampermonkey. This will generate a link to the source video, you then just right click and select save link as (clicking through will start pulling up the video on chrome, but APRs access control cuts you off pretty quickly).

I modified an outdated version of a script I found on a different thread. This version doesn't display all possible resolutions, but does show the default resolution, which tends to be the highest available. Anyone can feel free to modify this and add that feature.

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name         APR Direct Download Links
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      1.1
// @description  Working links to files provided in page footer
// @author       You
// @match        https://***********rocks/video/*/*
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
        'use strict';

var doc = document.getElementsByClassName("vote-box")[0].parentElement;
        var dld = document.createElement("div");
        var lnk = document.getElementsByTagName("source")[0];
        var src = lnk.getAttribute("src");
        var res = lnk.getAttribute("res");
        dld.innerHTML += `<br><br><br><hr>
<a href="${src}" target="_blank" download>Download at ${res}p</a>
`;
        doc.insertBefore(dld, doc.childNodes[-5]);

})();

Оn line 19 gives an error "eslint: null - Parsing Error: Unexpected character ' ` '

The video link does not appear in the Chrome browser. The script worked in the Opera browser. The link opens a new window with a media player with a "download" button. when you press the download button, the download starts, but stops immediately. When reloading, a new window opens with error 403

The video link does not appear in the Chrome browser. The script worked in the Opera browser. The link opens a new window with a media player with a "download" button. when you press the download button, the download starts, but stops immediately. When reloading, a new window opens with error 403
Okay, again, if you actually read my instructions, you would see that due to their access control system, you need to right click the link and click save as; clicking through doesn't work. As to Chrome, I don't know what to tell you. It works in Chrome for me, and I get none of your errors.

Thank you for your valuable contribution to the conversation though.

Last edited:
Back