How many of you are nerds?

How many of you are nerds?

• Total voters
Dude I am like the least cultured nerd ever but the things I am into we can talk for days about. If you want to know literally anything about the Elder Scrolls series I can absolutely tell you. I’ve been playing Skyrim since 2012😅and I know all of the lore. It’s bad guys. Like a really unhealthy obsession😂😂
I actually started Skyrim again last night after a good decade or so! So much nostalgia is hitting now!

You could say I'm a nerd in anything I like bcs I end up hyperfixating on something I like very much , but I'm more in music, games (Pokemon, the elder Scrolls, visual novels, etc) and cars (not mechanic level though)

Depends on what's being talked about at the time but when it comes to computers, video games, and technology I tend to ramble and nerd out XD

Nerdy enough to know the Potter houses, have a Trek/Wars preference and know what a sonic screwdriver is but not enough to argue over arcane plot points in fanfic of the above (or honestly to read fanfic for the most part)

I have of late started to acquire "starter" Bronyism...meaning I don't really watch My Little Pony but I found a video someone made of the actual characters and some fan-created ponies dancing to "Beat It" and enjoyed it. And then one of them singing an NSFW song about catching their friends doing what adult ponies do ("Was it fight-ing or just exer-cising?"). A pony singing about the attractions of anal. And then a fake interview with FlutterShy and RainbowDash taking reader questions.

Now I'm kind of afraid that I'm heading down the rabbit hole (Donut hole? :unsure:) of ACTUAL MLP fandom. :sneaky:

Yeah we are your typical asian nerd lol. Husband like magic the gathering, I like mangas, we both watch anime, play table top games etc.

What table top games do you play?

My wife and I are nerds. TTRPG's, video games, comics, anime (Delicious in Dungeon ATM), and more.
Your basic like cataan, 7 wonders and munchkin to more advance stuff like Twilight imperium and Cthulhu wars. Oh man delicious in dungeon is awesome. I have such a huge crush on marcille lol

Your basic like cataan, 7 wonders and munchkin to more advance stuff like Twilight imperium and Cthulhu wars. Oh man delicious in dungeon is awesome. I have such a huge crush on marcille lol
Same when it comes to Marcille!

We've played Cataan, own Munchkin, had a terrible game of Twilight Imperium, and also play various RPGs.

I do plenty of gaming, mainly xbox and switch. Currently trying to find some new anime to watch. I play D&D on the weekends, and am trying to get a Vampire: The Masquerade game set up to run for my group when our current D&D campaign ends.

I've been a proud nerd since before there were nerds. At least in the modern popular sense; there have, of course, *always* been nerds. Back in the 70s, we were just weirdos who were into science and math. And D&D. And Star Trek. I participated in the letter campaign that got NASA to name the first shuttle the "Enterprise". I learned how to use a slide rule when I was in ~7th grade (around 11 years old). Went to an elite engineering school and got a computer science degree when that was still a new thing and very few schools *had* a computer science department or major. We had to bang rocks together to get 1s and 0s! Still at it in my 60s.

You can see why I have no friends and my social skills are shit. 🙀🙀🙀😹

Media tends to show nerds as "glasses and weak". But then you got someone like Darth Sidious. Who plans and observes every detail to the point Darth Vader is his bitch.

Now there's an interesting viewpoint on nerds.

Back