How Many Languages Do You Speak?

Mówię po polsku; I speak English but not very good; Hablo un poco de español; Я также говорю по-русски на базовом уровне

It depends what people consider "speaking" a language, I have seen people saying "I do speak four languages" - but only 1 was native, the other ones more a broken gibberish.

Native: Russian, German
Not Native: English>>>>Mandarin

I speak a lot of languages, as long as you do not mind if the other person can not understand a single word I am speaking 😛

So I suppose I can limit myself to Spanish, Catalan and Angrish. No Typoneese though.
As before, I can try speaking a few basic words from others, maybe even get the other person to understand me, but the moment they reply, I would be lost 🤣

But I've had some interesting conversations with Italian, Portuguese and even German people where none knew the others language, but gibberish got far and nice. If there is a will, there is communication

well, I find it so hard to really speak in another language, to express my feelings. I know 20000 dutch words, maybe 30000 and most of its nuances and moods. But in English? maybe two thousand words and in German the same and in french.... And on the nuances and moods? well, the mistakes I made are plentiful..

Back