How a female dog expresses consent with body language

Question for all zoos here: have you ever had a dog flag at you?

• Yes

Votes: 98 69.5%
  • No

Votes: 43 30.5%

• Total voters
Z

Zetaman40

Flagging (normally they do this behavior in standing heat) is how a female dog expresses that she is willing and ready to mate with a male, lifting of the vulva and tucking the tail off to one side are clear signs of consent, it is part of the k9 body language, they are absolutely capable of expressing the desire for sex! This is common knowledge of people who breed dogs

5d9d48b928c8f_WhatisFlaggingFemalewillstandforthemaleRearintheair.jpg.6bf9590547df4cef48f59307...jpgimages.jpeg.dc2fb9d9ef6b6fe0b281d6863f456fa8.jpeghqdefault.jpg.a6854062979a64dd284c3f3cbb13c352.jpg

My girl will flag in and out of heat. But she is an absolutely lovable slut! I'm her BoyToy, she can use me whenever she wants and she knows that! Lol
Thanks for the response :husky_happysmile: and right ive meet a few Nymphos like that, although a female can express consent in other ways, this is the most obvious and undeniable: it is clear non verbal consent of willingness for sex (backed up by years of research that has been done on canine sexual behavior) im trying to post some videos of dogs flagging for those uneducated in the subject, or even for valid proof for if non-zoos ever find their way here, but I keep getting a server error message? (memory too low to preform this action) will try later!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a link to a video on here that shows a female dog consenting to sexual stimulation with various sex toys
(I will put more links on here as I find good examples)
Here the same dog responds to being touched with flagging
Another video showing signs of receptiveness
Last link for now of a Dane consenting to foreplay and sex

Thanks for the response :husky_happysmile: and right ive meet a few Nymphos like that, although a female can express consent in other ways, this is the most obvious and undeniable: it is clear non verbal consent of willingness for sex (backed up by years of research that has been done on canine sexual behavior) im trying to post some videos of dogs flagging for those uneducated in the subject, or even for valid proof for if non-zoos ever find their way here, but I keep getting an server error message? (memory too low to preform this action) will try later!
Speaking of backing up... she does that too! Lol

But yeah, she is not subtle about it either. She's always enjoyed sex since I've got her. But I always make sure that she wants sex before we engage in it. Besides flagging, she is also quick to have an orgasm... or three, which is always a good sign. During sex she will part her tail and push towards me. When I finish in her she will turn around, lick my hands and cock, then she runs towards the bed and makes a mess of the bedding by spinning in circles and tossing around the the pillows and blankets with her teeth in a playful manner. Afterwards, she cleans herself and we'll snuggle, and I'll love on her for like 20-40 minutes before taking her on a walk to pee out my cum. She appears blissful and almost in a happy trans-like state when I'm loving on her.

If that isn't making love and having consensual sex, then I don't know what is?

Last edited:
They can do this yes then they can also show signs of stress like avoiding eye contact, looking for ways out and constant licking the air.
I have seen vids here with dogs in leash and showing clear signs of stress this is not good for the mentality of the animal :(

Yes, this has happen to me before. In addition, my girl would tried to hump me, get on top of me or under me, play bite, and etc to get my attention.

They can do this yes then they can also show signs of stress like avoiding eye contact, looking for ways out and constant licking the air.
I have seen vids here with dogs in leash and showing clear signs of stress this is not good for the mentality of the animal :(
Ya sadly there are people that ignore these things, which is why I feel its important to show people how to tell what actual consent is! Its is wrong to ever have a dog on a leash during sex, they should be able to move freely, anyone that ignores a dogs attempt to get away is committing rape and should be punished, I am whole heartedly against abuse like that

BTW sometimes dogs do air licking when over aroused, its not always a bad sign, that's why its important to pay attention to the overall body language, body posture (a dog in distress typically lowers their stance with an arched back with head held low) the position of the ears (a dog in distress will pin their ears far back in a tense manner and or flatten them to their head), the dogs eyes (if a dog is in distress the whites of their eyes show more, almost like there bulging out, look up whale eye if your unfamiliar with it), the tail, (obviously tail tucking in between legs is another sign of distress) mouth (a dog in distress will normally have thier mouth closed while displaying longlip {lips pulled straight back at the corners torwards ears}) every zoo should know body language before even trying anything!

Now if a dogs in a loose stance, no body tension, weight distributed evenly on all four paws: head held up, ears are pulled back only slightly but appears relaxed, mouth slightly open or panting with no facial or mouth tension, only a slight upwards angle on the ends are all good signs (means they are relaxed and comfortable especially if their tail is waging) accompanied by no other negative body language, they are feeling friendly and safe, trusting, avoiding eye contact is a common trait among dogs, most are not a big fan of direct prolonged eye contact, its actually being polite in dog language, as direct eye contact is normally taken as a threat (or dominance) if held for more than a couple seconds, not always though sometimes a dog will maintain eye contact if they are trying to tell you they really want something (begging for food, or even to be pet are good examples of this) avoiding prollonged eye contact is normal in most situations though, but can sometimes mean a dog may be trying to tell you they are nervous if they completely avoid looking at you altogether (not even brief eye contact) it always will be accompanied by other body cues if they are nervous, which is why overall body language is very important

I would venture to speak. =)
A dog raised from a puppy by a person, and through his own means socialized, will almost certainly address elements of sexual behavior in relation to a person. This is an almost absolute option, followed by 90% of zoos. I'm really not completely sure that this is optimal for the social development of the dog. Worth being honest.
Dogs raised in the presence of humans, but socialized in a group of other canids, also address sexual behavior to humans. But there is a huge difference between the two options considered. I see the second option more optimal.

Ya feel free to everyone is welcome to reply, whether an active zoo or not, I'm open to any input on the subject
Well then, if she moves her tail out of the way while she's on her back does that count?

Well then, if she moves her tail out of the way while she's on her back does that count?
Unfortunately for me my girl doesn't like missionary out of heat, and I don't pressure her into it, so I lack first hand experience when it comes to that.

However, I can say that usually when a dog is on her back she is inherently in a vulnerable position. Not all dogs will feel comfortable with sexual activities due to that. If she isn't in the mood her first instinct will be to cover her genitals tightly with her tail and snap her tail back over her genitals if you move it out of the way. If they are really uncomfortable they'll roll over and resist you if you try to gently roll them back over. That's similar to what my girl did the 3 times I've tried missionary with her out of heat. I'll try when she is in heat again, because that's the only time she likes the position. <--- Edit: To clarify, these are general negative behavioral reactions. I really do not push my girl too hard on these matters, and stopped when she first showed signs of discomfort.

If the girl is parting her tail openly exposing herself while on her back, I'd say that is a pretty good signal. You can always do a little finger/oral play with her to test the waters and probably get her even hornier in the process. Make her have an orgasm before you actually sleep with her, that's my motto lol! If she's lying there happy panting or even just looking very relaxed and content before and after sexual activities begin, you'll know she's enjoying herself.

Last edited:
Unfortunately for me my girl doesn't like missionary out of heat, and I don't pressure her into it, so I lack first hand experience when it comes to that.

However, I can say that usually when a dog is on her back she is inherently in a vulnerable position. Not all dogs will feel comfortable with sexual activities due to that. If she isn't in the mood her first instinct will be to cover her genitals tightly with her tail and snap her tail back over her genitals if you move it out of the way. If they are really uncomfortable they'll roll over and resist you if you try to gently roll them back over. That's similar to what my girl did the 3 times I've tried missionary with her out of heat. I'll try when she is in heat again, because that's the only time she likes the position.

If the girl is parting her tail openly exposing herself while on her back, I'd say that is a pretty good signal. You can always do a little finger/oral play with her to test the waters and probably get her even hornier in the process. Make her have an orgasm before you actually sleep with her, that's my motto lol! If she's lying there happy panting or even just looking very relaxed and content before and after sexual activities begin, you'll know she's enjoying herself.
Yeah, but I'm not a zoo. I was dogsitting a friend's mutt several years ago and she kept laying on her back when I would talk to her.

Yeah, but I'm not a zoo. I was dogsitting a friend's mutt several years ago and she kept laying on her back when I would talk to her.
It's hard to say, but to me that sounds like it might have just been an act of submission. It's hard to say without seeing it first hand. I know there was a doggy girl I had just met, a few years ago, she crawled in my lap and flipped belly up. I expected her to reject my advances and was prepared to stop when show showed any signs of discomfort, but to my surprise she was absolutely enjoying the hell out of me fingering her! I didn't expect that at all! So it is possible she wanted your D, but it's hard to say because the situation can vary greatly through her overall body language.

Unfortunately for me my girl doesn't like missionary out of heat, and I don't pressure her into it, so I lack first hand
You when it comes to that.

However, I can say that usually when a dog is on her back she is inherently in a vulnerable position. Not all dogs will feel comfortable with sexual activities due to that. If she isn't in the mood her first instinct will be to cover her genitals tightly with her tail and snap her tail back over her genitals if you move it out of the way. If they are really uncomfortable they'll roll over and resist you if you try to gently roll them back over. That's similar to what my girl did the 3 times I've tried missionary with her out of heat. I'll try when she is in heat again, because that's the only time she likes the position.

If your girl doesnt like missionary, please quit pressing the issue! Your not gonna get much different results in or out of heat if she feels uncomfortable In that position: in canine body language it is a submissive position, not a lot of dogs are comfortable with sex that way, unless they absolutely trust you, (its not a natural mating position, your sending her mixed messages basically, dogs speak with their bodies, covering her in a submissive position is making her feel trapped) this is a very vaunerable position for dogs, its an instinct passed down from wolves actually (to be weary about being in this position) her tucking her tail is a fear/stress response, i cant stress this enough, her comfort should be the most important thing over sex, please don't try anymore, respect her wishes, pleeease! absolutely refrain from trying this position again if her tail is tucked and she's trying to move away, that is clearly her saying no to it :husky_sad:

If your girl doesnt like missionary, please quit pressing the issue! Your not gonna get much different results in or out of heat if she feels uncomfortable In that position: in canine body language it is a submissive position, not a lot of dogs are comfortable with sex that way, unless the absolutely trust you, her tucking her tail is a fear/stress response, i can stress this enough, her comfort should be the most important thing over sex, please don't try anymore, respect her wishes, and absolutely refrain from touching her if her tail is tucked and she's trying to move away, that is clearly her saying no :husky_sad:
That's the thing... During her heat she behaves completely differently. I guess "try" wasn't the best word choice since she likes it. She behaves like the latter half of my post. She'll happy pant, orgasm multiple times and when when I finish in her she roll over and enthusiastically lick my cock and hands and do her happy dance! Then she'll clean herself and we'll snuggle, with her being in a happy like trans-like state absolutely enjoying every minute of it. I got her late last year when she was 2 years old, and I've only experienced one heat cycle with her so far.

But when I tried out of heat it's a completely different response, oddly enough. I always, and I mean ALWAYS stop at the first signs of a rejection, because anything other than mutual is a no go. I love my girls like life itself, they mean everything to me! When I saw I was getting nowhere outside of heat, of the three times I've tried, I stopped immediately! The last time I tried, when I rolled her over she let out a little whine. DONE! I stopped any further advances then and there and haven't tried since then. The main reason I tried out of heat was because she liked it during heat.

Next heat I'm going to try again. If she likes it, then yay! If she doesn't, then I won't press the issue one bit. I can tell when she is and isn't enjoying herself, and I always aim to please. My girl loves Doggy Style because it's the most natural position for her to fuck in.

Last edited:
That's the thing... During her heat she behaves completely differently. I guess "try" wasn't the best word choice since she likes it. She behaves like the latter half of my post. She'll happy pant, orgasm multiple times and when when I finish in her she roll over and enthusiastically lick my cock and hands and do her happy dance! Then she'll clean herself and we'll snuggle, with her being in a happy like trans absolutely enjoying every minute of it.

But when I tried out of heat it's a completely different response, oddly enough. I always, and I mean ALWAYS stop at the first signs of a rejection, because anything other than mutual is a no go. I love my girls like life itself, they mean everything to me! When I saw I was getting nowhere outside of heat, of the three times I've tried, I stopped immediately! The last time I tried, when I rolled her over she let out a little whine. DONE! I stopped any further advances then and there and haven't tried since then. The main reason I tried out of heat was because she liked it during heat.

Next heat I'm going to try again. If she likes it, then yay! If she doesn't, then I won't press the issue one bit. I can tell when she is and isn't enjoying herself, and I always aim to please. My girl loves Doggy Style because it's the most natural position for her to fuck in.
Right I didn't mean any offense by that, its just I've seen videos on here with dogs clearly not consenting and it breaks my heart seeing a dog being taken advantage of... I'm trying to set an example of the importance of clear consent! I dont doubt that you love her! Ya I would say just stick to the most natural position for her, think of it this way, its her preference, sex will be more enjoyable for her in a position she's always comfortable in (she's accepting you in heat either way because she's in the mood for it, she's horny, its still probably awkward for her though, if her general response is to avoid missionary)

Right I didn't mean any offense by that, its just I've seen videos on here with dogs clearly not consenting and it breaks my heart seeing a dog being taken advantage of... I'm trying to set an example of the importance of clear consent! I dont doubt that you love her! Ya I would say just stick to the most natural position for her, think of it this way, its her preference, sex will be more enjoyable for her in a position she's always comfortable in (she's accepting you in heat either way because she's in the mood for it, she's horny, its still probably awkward for her though, if her general response is to avoid missionary)
Sorry, I tend to get passionate about my girls because they mean so much to me. As you can infer, I'm young and still new to being in a relationship with dogs. While I know a pretty good of zoo related information, I still have a lot to learn. But Health, Happiness, and a High quality of life, definitely comes before sex. What makes sex fun for me is mutual pleasure.

Unfortunately, a lot of content with abuse exists. I despise sites like ****** where pretty much anything goes unfiltered. I've seen some fucked up shit on there, videos that make me want to stab the person through the computer screen, instant erection killers! A lot of people fuck their dogs just to get their rocks off. Which indeed also breaks my heart as well, because I'm passionate about domestic animals! So far ***********rocks seems to be the better option but it isn't perfect either. At least, videos where the dog is crying out and screaming in fear are removed, unlike ******. But if I see the dog is only tolerating the sex, I tend to click away from those types of videos.

I've gotten mixed messages when it comes to continuing to pursue missionary. Some people are like, "Stick with what your animal likes best." While others are like, "My dog didn't start out liking missionary. I got her comfortable being on her back by just petting her, and slowly started to integrate sexual touching and rubbing when she was comfortable. Now when I take off my clothes my girl enthusiastically jumps on the bed and spreads eagle!" <--- A loose quote from a friend. Some people say, never explore different positions if they object the first time you try. Some say slowly explore different positions if the dog doesn't seem that uncomfortable. While others say only try new positions when they are in heat and more receptive. Me, I usually stick with Doggy Style because my girl is absolutely crazy for it! But my girl did seem to really enjoy missionary in heat, it didn't seem that awkward because she was still her enthusiastic self. At first it was a little awkward, but once I started slowly with the motions that changed very quickly. I'm talking, happy panting, eyes squinting, tongue sprawled to the side, and a look of absolute pleasure and bliss (which isn't the easiest to describe, but I know it when I see it.) So I plan to play it by ear, and stop at the first sign of objection.

It's definitely a bit of a gray area. There is no contesting that.

Last edited:
An in season breeding dog is what started me off with female k9s,
always liked the look of them in heat and nice and puffy but it was my girl on heat presenting to me throwing her tail to one side that got me there while trying to get my male to breed her, i tried to pass it up but she kept running back and pretty much backing up to me and after it happened a few times i dropped my shorts on the floor and waited for her to come running back and it pretty much just happened with out even trying, before i knew it i was in her and cumming cause i was very much over stimulated, as i slipped out my cum ran everywhere as she bound around super excited, seeming very happy with herself.
I've found that females on heat are very much wanting to breed regardless of what with, if they see you as part of there pack then your normally very welcome to breed with them and them presenting is pretty much expressing consent via body language - remember there dogs and don't have hang ups like us, they just want to breed while in season..

I've gotten mixed messages when it comes to continuing to pursue missionary. Some people are like, "Stick with what your animal likes best." While others are like, "My dog didn't start out liking missionary. I got her comfortable being on her back by just petting her, and slowly started to integrate sexual touching and rubbing when she was comfortable.

How old is your girl?

My Dane X Bull Arab girl was held down and fingered and licked as a young puppy. This have given her life long nightmares and she was very reluctant to be on her back and still is. Over time I figured out she does not like being licked or fingered as it flashes her back to her previous owner.

As we started to have sex she would lie back for me to penetrate her as long as I used my dick to do the most work.

We usually have wakeup sex. If she is in the mood I just have to pat her and she will roll over ready for sex. If she says no there is no way to get a large dog on its back if it does not want too.

With my new puppy I can see how there is a natural defence against pressure. She just had her first heat at 10 months and she was horny as hell but the moment you held her still her instincts kicked in and she moved away.

I think age has a factor in missionary sex with dogs, as they get older they feel more sure of themselves and allow themselves to be under a human more naturally.

My puppy will roll on her back in play and petting, but if I shift my position to be over her she quickly gets up. As I am in this for the long term gains I am watching and learning her behaviours. At 50kg now she is going to a dog you don't want to upset.

I think a dog has to be real sure of herself to allow missionary. My old girl will lay back for sex but if I get my tongue into her she will allow light stimulation but if I go to town on her she pushes me away with her nose. If I try to finger her more than just the outside she gets up and leaves.

If we are doing doggy style and I slip a finger in instead of my dick she leaves. Her memories as a puppy are just too hard to forget. She is nearly 10 years of age so the light contact is all I can expect other than driving my dick into her pussy nearly every day.

Sometimes I think female animals got a crappy deal when it comes to sex with their own species. We've seen that female dogs and horses (at least) can have orgasms, but I'm not sure the male of the species is out to give them one, or if and how often it happens for them during mating. But with a person, their orgasms can be a sure thing. ?

An in season breeding dog is what started me off with female k9s,
always liked the look of them in heat and nice and puffy but it was my girl on heat presenting to me throwing her tail to one side that got me there while trying to get my male to breed her, i tried to pass it up but she kept running back and pretty much backing up to me and after it happened a few times i dropped my shorts on the floor and waited for her to come running back and it pretty much just happened with out even trying, before i knew it i was in her and cumming cause i was very much over stimulated, as i slipped out my cum ran everywhere as she bound around super excited, seeming very happy with herself.
I've found that females on heat are very much wanting to breed regardless of what with, if they see you as part of there pack then your normally very welcome to breed with them and them presenting is pretty much expressing consent via body language - remember there dogs and don't have hang ups like us, they just want to breed while in season..
Beautiful story. I would love to have that experience

Back