Horses in Victoria

HappyHorse

Citizen of Zooville
I now have somewhere to give a horse a forever home And I am starting to look for one want a mare I stand 6 foot so needs to be reasonably big. have a lot of experience with horses, but I’ve lost my ride in confidence.

You get your confidence back in riding, once you know how to ride you won't forget, and to ease your decision, best suitable horse for you, under circumstances that you are similar to my height, is that for example, if you are saddled, and your feet doesn't extend pass the girth line, you are suitable, if your feet does extend pass the girth line, then you are too large for the horse, so don't know what breed do you look at? Thoroughbred, TBx, Friesian, Warmblood, Saddle horse, Appaloosa ?

You get your confidence back in riding, once you know how to ride you won't forget, and to ease your decision, best suitable horse for you, under circumstances that you are similar to my height, is that for example, if you are saddled, and your feet doesn't extend pass the girth line, you are suitable, if your feet does extend pass the girth line, then you are too large for the horse, so don't know what breed do you look at? Thoroughbred, TBx, Friesian, Warmblood, Saddle horse, Appaloosa ?
Girth line? Im not sure what that is

The girth goes from the saddle around the horse's chest, see attached image, but I have drawn a horizontal line, that's the girth line, you feet should not be pass that line under it

Attachments

• IMG_20230212_135603.jpg
    IMG_20230212_135603.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 42
The girth goes from the saddle around the horse's chest, see attached image, but I have drawn a horizontal line, that's the girth line, you feet should not be pass that line under it
Ah, so basically the girth line is roughly where a house's belly/chest is? If I understand it right

8 years, give or take, before I can get back in the saddle again, but I won't forget, from 2017 - 2024 , then my stallion is 4 years, I can then start to ride him

I now have somewhere to give a horse a forever home And I am starting to look for one want a mare I stand 6 foot so needs to be reasonably big. have a lot of experience with horses, but I’ve lost my ride in confidence.
Hi, have you had any progress finding a suitable horse?

Back