Holding hands

dartel

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
Anyone else's dog obsessed with holding hands?

My boy absolutely loves it. If he's laying near you he wants to hold hands, and just idling holding isn't enough for him. You've gotta stroke or squeeze on his paw. Try to let go and he reaches to keep a hold of your hand. Just idly hold it and he'll flex and reach the same as if you'd tried to let go. Let go and refuse to regrab when he reaches and he'll keep pawing towards you, switching to the other paw if you continue to refuse him. Refuse both with your hand still in a place he says "you should be holding my hand" and he'll start trying to get nippy to get his point across.

Both my girls will paw at me to get my attention. My newfie more than my mutt mix. But generally it's a no go with my two. Both of them don't really like their paws to be held.

Now only if this could be my newfie girl and I...
tenor.gif

So how long could you hold each others hands before the dog gets bored?
Never really timed it, but I'd guess he's good for at least 10 minutes, especially if it's sitting in the desk chair with him laying beside and idlying hanging my hand down. I'll get tired of it before him but still want to just drape my arm and that's when he gets impatient and nippy to be holding that hand hanging in front of him.

Awwww. I've spent a lot of time helping to take care of a friend's dog, and she'll grab my hand to guide it to her chest. She doesn't like belly rubs, she wants it right around the sternum or lower chest.

Got a boxer that thinks he has monkey hands.he grabs our hands all the time.

Whats fun is to watch him cup his hand paws and grab his toys and roll around holding his chewies, tossing them up in the air and catching them.

Boxers! Get u one!

Attachments

• 20200413_154248_HDR.jpg
    20200413_154248_HDR.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
My Aisland will hold my hand too can't on command but it wouldn't be the same lol
He does it, when he wants to 😊 that's what makes it so special and cute when he does it.
Aisland paws at me for attention too like he'll do this cute thing where he presses his head or snout deep in me whenever im frustrating him lol
whether it be in my face, stomach, my cooch, my butcrack, my underpit, lol he's gonna jab me, randomly, with his snout lol. I love it

Yeah actually dogs love a massage just as we do. I love to give massages to show affection and intimacy ❤ in the hands, legs, shoulders, lower back and in the hips. All over lol

Back