Help with gelding

Horserider

Tourist
Hello fellow zoos.
I am seeking help with a gelding that I have had for quite a while. He has been with me for about 8 years now but until recently he had to be at a boarding facility. I had my first encounter with him this week and it was fun but a little frustrating. He gets hard and thrusts which was amazing. I wanted to try giving him anal and mounting him though. I used lube and he seemed to really enjoy when I used 3 and 4 fingers in him. He pushed back and remained hard the entire time. When I went to stand in the block behind him and mount... he would shy away and not let me inside. Has anyone encountered this before. There have never been any trust issues with him before and he has always been an amazing companion. Any help with how to make this better is greatly appreciated:)

Hello fellow zoos.
I am seeking help with a gelding that I have had for quite a while. He has been with me for about 8 years now but until recently he had to be at a boarding facility. I had my first encounter with him this week and it was fun but a little frustrating. He gets hard and thrusts which was amazing. I wanted to try giving him anal and mounting him though. I used lube and he seemed to really enjoy when I used 3 and 4 fingers in him. He pushed back and remained hard the entire time. When I went to stand in the block behind him and mount... he would shy away and not let me inside. Has anyone encountered this before. There have never been any trust issues with him before and he has always been an amazing companion. Any help with how to make this better is greatly appreciated:)
Seems like he'll only tolerate your hands and being topped is something he doesnt want

Seems like he'll only tolerate your hands and being topped is something he doesnt want
Do you think it’s a time thing? I can almost spit my entire hand in there which is way bigger in my penis. Are there ways to get him used to me being behind him? I am unfamiliar with training horses but it seems like he would be OK with it if I can work with him!

I have zero experience with horses beyond a trail ride in Colorado once in my teens, but. Are you totally behind him during the fingering play or more off to the side? Maybe you being totally behind him to mount is spooking him, which is probably something you just need to accustom him to.

I have zero experience with horses beyond a trail ride in Colorado once in my teens, but. Are you totally behind him during the fingering play or more off to the side? Maybe you being totally behind him to mount is spooking him, which is probably something you just need to accustom him to.
Yeah I thought about that while it was happening. I tried standing right behind him while fingering and even stepped up onto the step. He kept his tail up and pushed back onto my fingers the entire time. As soon as I tried to replace my fingers with my dick he sidesteps.

Do you think it’s a time thing? I can almost spit my entire hand in there which is way bigger in my penis. Are there ways to get him used to me being behind him? I am unfamiliar with training horses but it seems like he would be OK with it if I can work with him!
Try just getting around him, brush his hind quarters regularly and keep him used to your presence. Animals have to trust you before they become more relaxed. Occasionally finger or probe him and just make it a normal thing. He'll get used to you and allow more.

I'm not a horse expert, and I don't know how deep is your bond with him, so take my words with the due caution. Horses are easily scared by practically everything. I remember that once, I scared a horse simply because I moved my head too fast, so... If your boy is ok with the touch in his anal area, maybe the issue is that he is unsure because he can't really see you behind him (as @dartel said) or he still lacks complete trust in you, or he simply doesn't like anal (but I guess that if he can take a hand without issues, maybe this is not the problem).
Do you spend some time grooming or riding him?
Maybe he lacks that contact that makes the bond between a man and an animal stronger... :unsure:

I definitely appreciate both of your comments. That’s the confusion part is that I have done most of those things for years now. Weekly baths, grooming, main and tail trimming, I do his hooves myself and ride consistently. I had expected him to be ok with the different attention and was happy to see he liked my hand. I guess I will just need to work with him and get him used to me being behind him. Maybe it’s as simple as him not seeing me and I don’t usually groom from that spot. I will give it some time and keep working with him. Thank for the help @Zeekwitt and @Disanima

Maybe he didn't like whatever you were standing on? Whatever it is, you can probably do exposure training. Maybe it was noisy or he was scared of it.

I definitely appreciate both of your comments. That’s the confusion part is that I have done most of those things for years now. Weekly baths, grooming, main and tail trimming, I do his hooves myself and ride consistently. I had expected him to be ok with the different attention and was happy to see he liked my hand. I guess I will just need to work with him and get him used to me being behind him. Maybe it’s as simple as him not seeing me and I don’t usually groom from that spot. I will give it some time and keep working with him. Thank for the help @Zeekwitt and @Disanima
Well, you're welcome. I'm glad if my advice could be of help, even if in a little way :)
From what you've said he seems to know you pretty well, so you only need to get him used your presence behind him.
Take it slowly (and give him lots of cuddles) and let us know if you make any progress ;)

Well I had another chance to spend some time with my boy. I spent a great deal of time fondling him and working around his entire body. He seemed a lot more comfortable this time and I actually got to mount him and penetrate for a couple minutes before he started dancing around. It was glorious and I am hopeful it will get better with time. Just wanted to give y’all an update!

He he, looks like your efforts have paid you off. I'm glad to know that he lets you penetrate him, now, and I think that your relationship can only improve from now on 😁

He he, looks like your efforts have paid you off. I'm glad to know that he lets you penetrate him, now, and I think that your relationship can only improve from now on 😁
Thanks for the encouragement. The first run was so frustrating bring I almost gave up! There is hope and a happy ending ahead I think;)

My first thoughts when I started reading this post was maybe he doesn't like his tail pushed up by your stomach or your legs bumping into his butt. I guess just be mindful of what other areas of his body your touching/pushing on when trying to mount that your not while using just your hands. Or maybe he doesn't want all his friends to think he's gay. :husky_wink:

From what I’ve read in this post it sounds like you’re doing the right thing just keep being patient and he will soon learn to relax and be happy. You were just introducing him to new things from behind and he’s naturally concerned

From what I’ve read in this post it sounds like you’re doing the right thing just keep being patient and he will soon learn to relax and be happy. You were just introducing him to new things from behind and he’s naturally concerned
Thank you. The hardest part is that I don’t get to mate with him as often as I would like. I am concerned that if it is not consistent enough then he will not come to trust that it is a good thing to happen. Horses obviously are skittish around new things and I don’t want it to always be a new things every time we do it.

Hello fellow zoos.
It seems to me, you're ignoring the most important thing.

He is saying "No!"

Take the hint and stop trying to force yourself upon him.

It seems to me, you're ignoring the most important thing.

He is saying "No!"

Take the hint and stop trying to force yourself upon him.
No” and “I am nervous and unsure” are 2 very different things but thanks for your input. I will take it into consideration.

No” and “I am nervous and unsure” are 2 very different things but thanks for your input. I will take it into consideration.
Don't let the naysayers bring you down. You are the one who knows his gelding best. To me it sounds like you two just need to spend more intimate time together. Keep going my friend (y)

Don't let the naysayers bring you down. You are the one who knows his gelding best. To me it sounds like you two just need to spend more intimate time together. Keep going my friend (y)
Thank you. I will keep going and if things don’t get better I will stop. Of course the last thing I want is for him to be unhappy or get hurt! Thanks for the support:)

You obviously do not know much about equine behavior if you view what you've described as "nervous and unsure"
The act of distancing himself from you when you try to "mount" him is not done out of uncertainty.

Male horses will do that to each other in displays of dominance.
You are pushing what is an unnatural act on a horse that in not interested for nothing but your own gratification. (Conditioning or"grooming" )

This type behavior is why "normal" society views us as "abusive" and "rapists" and from a number of replies here, I really cannot say I blame them for having that perception.

They don't get it.
Out of the many horses I've owned over the past 30+ years I've dealt with every type of personality, including a mare that has said no consistanrly for years now. You have to respect their boundries, and on their terms.
The fact that horse can swiftly kick someone in the face and kill them or trample them if they are startled or scared is what deters me from even trying tbh.

The fact that horse can swiftly kick someone in the face and kill them or trample them if they are startled or scared is what deters me from even trying tbh.
That usually happens after the hints are ignored.

I've met both stallions and geldings that DID enjoy the attention back there, and they made it very clear.

Again, its all about respecting the boundries the animal is trying to set.

That usually happens after the hints are ignored.

I've met both stallions and geldings that DID enjoy the attention back there, and they made it very clear.

Again, its all about respecting the boundries the animal is trying to set.
That's how I've always viewed it with dogs too. That was my main priority. I'm just thankful to have that mentality.

So yeah, why not keep on pushing, and pushing, and pushing until FINALLY, you get him to stand still whether he actually wants it or not - Whatever it takes, so long as you get to experience the thrill of shoving your dick up his ass!

That's *EXACTLY* what you're doing, I hope you realize.

The scenario you're describing is the same as this little play taking place between two humans:
"Come on baby, I wanna fuck you!"
"No, not interested, thanks."
"Oh, you know you want to!"
"No, I don't. Buzz off, wouldja?"
"How about if I buy you a drink?"
"How about you go away? I'm not interested."
"Oh, you really don't mean that, darlin'! You know you wanna get down and dirty with me!"
"Which part of "No" can't you figure out? Get lost, creep!"
"Nah, I know you really want it, so I'm just gonna keep on until you give in."
"OK, since you can't figure it out so far, here's an explanation you can't misunderstand" <Smashes beer bottle across your face> "Now do you get it? Fuck off, asshole!"

Back