Hello, just a quick question. Do ya'll think that all furries a zoos?

From personal experience being in the Fandom since late 90's. There are quite a few zoo's in the Fandom. Many will not admit that they are either attracted to animals, or active with animals.

There is an especially negative taboo regarding anything related to actual "beastiality" zoophilla ect within the Fandom.

In today's current cancel culture ect its even more difficult to be out as a zoo or even hint at it.

If I had to guess, I'd say anywhere from 30-60% of furs are also zoo or at least neutral to the idea so long as an animal is not being harmed or forced into sexual activities.

Just look at the popular section any given day on E621. Many of the most popular posts every day are zoo or beastiality related. That should tell you something

this is one of those things that is so hard to quantify because it is so hard to have an open discussion in the open. For example, it is easy to have a discussion about more mainstream topics with people who are not into them. People might not be gay, but they can talk about people objectively who are and discuss that they should not be discriminated against etc. You can't really talk about that with zoo related topics, except on here, and most people here are supportive.

I honestly think there is some curiosity out there in the really real world amongst people who would probably never actually do anything, but i still think it is pretty small percentage of people who are actually zoo. there might be a growing number of people who are curious or at least not anti-zoo, but again, it is really hard to quantify that.

I only talk about these topics here...and well, this is a supportive audience so not a good indicator of the rest of the world

Yeah I've met a lot of furries being really anti zoo so doubt it
There are defiantly quite a few. I've also ran into those who are outspoken about being anti zoo, but are in fact zoo, or a least open to the idea themselves. Much like when I was younger and being gay was still "bad" Quite a few of the guys who were anti gay turned out to be either gay, or bi in later life. Still gotta be careful tho

Not all, but more than would admit it, as with the population in general. Being a furry is frowned upon by some, ignored by most, accepted by others. Being a zoo I think is a lot more taboo and dangerous to be open about. I wonder if there are zoos who pretend to be furries to try to find other zoos though... hmmm... 🤔

I think the other way around (zoos being furries but not open about it) is a lot more rare also.

As others have said: some but not all.
I am both. And, Furblez, that is a good point about "more taboo and dangerous" to admit that . . . more so in some places than others.

Personally I think you all are vastly overestimating the zoo presence. 5% sounds like an acceptable estimate to me. The furries I know seem to be quite content being gay with humans or whatever. The only mentions of zoo I've heard from the communities I've participated in were negative plus the occasional "I don't really care just don't shove it in my face".
But on the other hand... how many canines with knots have you seen in furry art lately? How notorious are Bad Dragon's "authentic" products?

Back