Have you noticed your dog seems closer to you after

Back to the original topic. My dog was always close to me but not in any agressive way but alwaus protective if there was a real threat. He seems more attentive now. We have been doing it for so long we both know when the other one is horny. He was well trained in obedience so no unwanted activity since we became lovers.
So beautiful 😍😍

Back to the original topic. My dog was always close to me but not in any agressive way but alwaus protective if there was a real threat. He seems more attentive now. We have been doing it for so long we both know when the other one is horny. He was well trained in obedience so no unwanted activity since we became lovers.
How does he know when you are horny and vice versa

I’ve never been with a k9 that was mine and was wondering if he will be different around me after.
What’s the good and the bad.

Thanks I hope this is the right thread
yes. what I noticed, especially in hindsight, was that it was all an evolution of our relationship. I can no longer refer to them as a possession. if you treat them like a possession, they will act like one, or at least that was my experience. when I started treating them as their own individuals, they grew into their own much much more than I could have ever expected. I have never "trained" them. I spoke to them as though they could understand (not expecting that they could), and what happened next was totally amazing. The one that surprised me the most was a German shepherd, husky, wolf mix. He understood plain English. On multiple occasions, I would be talking to someone else within earshot of him, telling them about something he did, and going on to say something along the lines (jokingly) "I wouldn't be surprised at this point if he did xyz next."... Next day, he goes and does exactly what I was talking about to someone the day before. He also had a sense of humor. I once farted on him because he was laying by my ass... He turned around and farted back on me! He would also see me doing something in the yard, and without any provocation, start trying to help me. The first time that happened, I was moving brush from a large pile, into a smaller pile to be burned. After watching me for 5 or 10 minutes, he started doing it too. At one point, I was moving a particularly large piece, which was actually a small pine tree about 30 feet long that was tangled up in the large pile and took quite some effort to pull it free. After pulling it a little ways, I felt what I thought was it breaking free from the large pile. I looked back, and in fact, it was still tangled, but the decrease in resistance I felt was him jumping in on his own to help me pull it out.
I know this has gotten lengthy at this point, but all of that has totally changed me and how I relate to them as a whole. I no longer try to control every aspect of their lives. If I call them, and they look at me and decide to go play in the woods, I don't push the issue. I've found that if I reserve that sort of thing for times when the need for them to listen concerns their own safety, like getting out of the road, that they actually listen a lot more, plus retain the knowledge. House training now consists of telling them "Don't do that inside." I've got one now that I said that to exactly once!
My point is that I have found through experience that they can be much more thoughtful and capable than what most humans could imagine.
Funny how most folks consider them "beneath" us in terms of intelligence, when clearly they are capable of understanding us to that level, and most of us are still trying to understand them on even a basic level... who's the dumb one now? lol
But back to your original question, the answer is "absolutely!" If you let yourself explore with them, you may find like I did, that many things they do have an analog in our human/human relationships. It's just that they do it a little differently than we do. They kiss, hug, get jealous, love, and tons more. The biggest things is that if you let them, they will wear their hearts on their sleeves in ways that we can't because we are stuck with the judgment of the world l, whereas they usually aren't subject to that kind of judgment..

Sorry for the length, but I hope this helps!

I agree with the person above me , they are intelligent and have a heart so to speak , i never saw dogs as beneath me, tbh i see them above the average human in our world tbh , they were always members of the family , talked to them cuddled them , some say spoiled them i always said i love them and they are my dogs i love them as much as i want to.
When i had a dog whit whom i had sex it was just another facet of our relationship , sex with dogs excites me because it feels good , i never like ppl who get excited about the subject because its "taboo" or "bizzare" for me its neither for me an afternoon fun.
But you can have this close almoast intimate closeness with a dog even without sex , after my last male doggo died i wasnt ready for another , its the 3rd dog i had to say goodbye and if anyone can just get another dog the next day i could not. Few months later one really cold night (-18 celsius) i leave the house to find a small puppy in front of my house looking at ME , not at me not just staring she was looking into my soul (anyone with a dog knows the kind of look i am talking about) ofc i took her inside , she was maybe 3months old i wasnt ready for a dog so at first i tried to put her up for adoption but in a few days i took the add down , she was a part of us , i am not drawn to female dogs and i wouldnt have been ready for that in any case , she is way to obsesive about me and jealous so no other dog for the time , but i see all the closeness you mentioned in her , she HAS to be part of whatever i do i doesent matter what that is she is there , i call her the particle deaccelerator he has an extra sense of being in your way, so i think this level of closeness comes if you trully bond with your doggo , not just own a dog like my neibours do , if he or she is a family member she will be close to you.

I'm not sure if it was the physical relationship that made her so latched on and possessive, but my girlie's main goal in life appears to be finding a way to become conjoined to me permanently 🤣. As far as my male it didn't seem to change much as far as possessiveness.

training is key, i've trained alot including owners.

I agree with the person above me , they are intelligent and have a heart so to speak , i never saw dogs as beneath me, tbh i see them above the average human in our world tbh , they were always members of the family , talked to them cuddled them , some say spoiled them i always said i love them and they are my dogs i love them as much as i want to.
When i had a dog whit whom i had sex it was just another facet of our relationship , sex with dogs excites me because it feels good , i never like ppl who get excited about the subject because its "taboo" or "bizzare" for me its neither for me an afternoon fun.
But you can have this close almoast intimate closeness with a dog even without sex , after my last male doggo died i wasnt ready for another , its the 3rd dog i had to say goodbye and if anyone can just get another dog the next day i could not. Few months later one really cold night (-18 celsius) i leave the house to find a small puppy in front of my house looking at ME , not at me not just staring she was looking into my soul (anyone with a dog knows the kind of look i am talking about) ofc i took her inside , she was maybe 3months old i wasnt ready for a dog so at first i tried to put her up for adoption but in a few days i took the add down , she was a part of us , i am not drawn to female dogs and i wouldnt have been ready for that in any case , she is way to obsesive about me and jealous so no other dog for the time , but i see all the closeness you mentioned in her , she HAS to be part of whatever i do i doesent matter what that is she is there , i call her the particle deaccelerator he has an extra sense of being in your way, so i think this level of closeness comes if you trully bond with your doggo , not just own a dog like my neibours do , if he or she is a family member she will be close to you.
need more guys with female dogs to speak on this topic!

dogs don't "mark" other members of their pack nor do they "claim possession" of something by pissing on it...
Waat, your dogs don't pee on you?
Mine piss on me, my children, neighbours children, post car and even stops the train to piss on it. They are very dominant and loves to dominate and own everything by marking it with their piss. I've seen it myself and you don't know anything about healthy dogs acting natural if you say otherwise.

No but seriously the behavior did not change by much.
Tried to mount me a couple of times when it was less appropriate but the regular words for what is not allowed stopped that behavior rather smoothly.
I asked for advice here and read the tutorials and that helped quite a bit. Never tries anything unless all signals that I am available if he wants to are met.
Can't say that I've noticed any more "protectiveness", but not a guard dog anyway. Just as friendly to other people as before, does not try and show other males that I belong to him or anything like that.

Mi bf‘s dogs jus still will nvr listen to meeee🤷‍♀️….. only listen to bf mi😂
Well you bf being the master and the center of the universe for him you can understand :) my doggo is like this as well , i found her in front of the door but i was leaving home so i asked my bf to come outside and pick her up , i am the master and savior , she likes my bf as well but ignores him if i am present as well so ye i know what you mean

Mi bf‘s dogs jus still will nvr listen to meeee🤷‍♀️….. only listen to bf mi😂
Oh and lets not forget that she although isnt part of our sex life as in the usual sense of the word , when ever we do have some fun she HAS to be present like she will sit inches from my face and stare at me as i get hammered , not bark no nothing just sit down and be there , if we close the door oh my god , she is to small to reach the door nob but trust me she will make her presence heard and felt , our door is like when u sand blast it in between paintings only our door has long groows from her claws so ye no point in closing the door:)
Dunno how it is with you , is your bf dogs part of your sex life or not and how does he react when your 2 are having fun

Oh and lets not forget that she although isnt part of our sex life as in the usual sense of the word , when ever we do have some fun she HAS to be present like she will sit inches from my face and stare at me as i get hammered , not bark no nothing just sit down and be there , if we close the door oh my god , she is to small to reach the door nob but trust me she will make her presence heard and felt , our door is like when u sand blast it in between paintings only our door has long groows from her claws so ye no point in closing the door:)
Dunno how it is with you , is your bf dogs part of your sex life or not and how does he react when your 2 are having fun
He pups r yes part of sexy time with….he likes 2B there if the pups an I having it. He noooo do any things with pups tho….it best he keeping control of us😂

Im by no means exclusive, but.....why would a dog NOT feel closer after such things? I do....and I think everyone else does too, whatever species elicited the feelings in the first place....chemically, there's probably a good explanation....endorphins or oxytocin release. But I'd be more concerned if a canine lover got "standoffish" after...because THAT is not a normal reaction toward a sex partner

Last edited:
The question is interesting but also a bit hard to answer.
My two furry partners were brought home when they were still little puppies and i was probably seen as a mom in the beginning, but when they reached the proper age things changed for sure.
I usually get mounted once a week and more than "feeling closer" i noticed that they demand it.

Well since we started, my wife and my dog are a lot closer, she always liked him but now she really loves him. I also love to hear about them doing it when I'm at work. She says since she is doing it almost daily she's way hornier than she used to be which I appreciate =).

Well since we started, my wife and my dog are a lot closer, she always liked him but now she really loves him. I also love to hear about them doing it when I'm at work. She says since she is doing it almost daily she's way hornier than she used to be which I appreciate =).
Which one of you brought it up? As in was it something that only one of you was interested in at some point?

A couple of her family members were already into it and she had seen it in person but not done it herself but was open to it so when I said I wanted very badly for her to do it. Now she says how glad she is I gave her the push.
Granted, the people on this site are going to be biased, but it's one of those things that I've always believed that you just have to experience to be able to see from our point of view

A couple of her family members were already into it and she had seen it in person but not done it herself but was open to it so when I said I wanted very badly for her to do it. Now she says how glad she is I gave her the push.
To add to what I said earlier, you don't find too many that have experienced this the right way, that come out the other side thinking we're sickos either.

Funny how people want to judge on something of which they have no experience in, and therefore nothing solid on which to base their judgements..

My boy and I are definitely closer as a result of our intimacy, he is much more protective and jealous if other people show affection towards me. People often state how he is definitely my dog now. He is very attentive to me exclusively, regardless of the environment. One of the potential downsides however, has been if he smells a woman becoming aroused, he will try to sniff and lick her crotch.

Back