have a tumor, why the f not.

I'm so sorry you two have to go though all of this! The fluid build-up sound very uncomfortable for her to say the least, hopefully it will be gone soon.
Keeping my fingers crossed that the lump on her cheek is unrelated to the tumor.

she was so uncomfortable during the night she literally slept sitting down with just her head resting on the bed. woke up to very loud whining, one of the stitches gave out and everything that built up inside came out. rushed her to vet, they drained what was left, removed one of the stitches and flushed the wound with disinfectant. they gave me the instruments to keep flushing it at least twice a day for the next few days...

the lump is very likely just an engorged lymphatic node which might be a reaction to the medications.

she was so uncomfortable during the night she literally slept sitting down with just her head resting on the bed. woke up to very loud whining, one of the stitches gave out and everything that built up inside came out. rushed her to vet, they drained what was left, removed one of the stitches and flushed the wound with disinfectant. they gave me the instruments to keep flushing it at least twice a day for the next few days...

the lump is very likely just an engorged lymphatic node which might be a reaction to the medications.
Sorry to hear that she had a bad night. Hope things get better real soon!

It sounds like she is not in a good way, It must be so draining for both of you at the moment (damn... sorry I didn't mean that pun, it's late and can't think how else to say that.) How are you coping though, it's been such an emotional roller coaster. And the healing process for her seems to be hitting every pot hole in the road at the moment it must be very hard. My thoughts continue to be with the two of you.

My heart goes out to each of you. I want to say so much, but mere words seem to fail me right now, except to say: You are a very special man to do all the wonderful things that you're doing to help your dog have the best chance at having a long and happy life.

Kudos 2 U my friend, kudos.

I'm so sorry to hear this. She is just having a hella bad time. Here to a seamless recovery from here on out.

hopefully a final update
she had to wear a fully body tubular net bandage for a while, it helped keep the wound tight. as it healed and tightened, less and less of the fluid built up and finally, yesterday we got an "all healed and clear" and the cone and the bandage came off. she slept for like twelve hours straight when we got home, she didn't get much of it with the cone.

looks like we won, for the time being

hopefully a final update
she had to wear a fully body tubular net bandage for a while, it helped keep the wound tight. as it healed and tightened, less and less of the fluid built up and finally, yesterday we got an "all healed and clear" and the cone and the bandage came off. she slept for like twelve hours straight when we got home, she didn't get much of it with the cone.

Happy everything turned out alright for her!

hopefully a final update

Thats so great!

hopefully a final update

Ohhh! Such good news indeed! This is absolutely wonderful. I'm so happy for the both of you. You did the right thing, and now it's paying off. So much for the naysayers! Huh!

That's fantastic, Give her a big hug from us all and tell her, she's a good girl for doing such a great job at getting better.

Edit: Dang, there are three pages and not just one. Shit happens, anyway - I'll just keep fingers crossed that she'll get healthy for years to go.

As such I wish you and her best of luck ❤️, cancer is hell of a thing and the one I hate most on earth.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, that's great to hear! Glad to hear everything healed up and she's able to get some rest after that nightmare.

im sorry you are having to go through this. it took me years to finally accept the passing of my boy. i hope so much that things go well and you get to spend even more time with her. I did not get the opportunity to spend the last days with my boy, not any of them. I long so much just to feel his fur and warmth again one more time. no matter what, enjoy every present moment with her.

Back