Good shelters/rescues that don't spay/neuter to get a dog?

Yaboiwut

Tourist
I've been looking into getting a dog and I'm planning to do so in a few months.

I wanted to make sure they aren't fixed, for obvious reasons, but I'm not sure which animal shelters don't fix their animals.

I'm in the USA, and I'm not sure about other countries, but almost all shelters spay/neuter their animals.

I'm currently in North Carolina, but I'll be heading back to Mississippi before too long and hope to get them in either one of those states.

Not sure which sex it'll be, but I want them to kinda choose me.

Hopefully, one of you guys might know.

As a side note, but not directly relevant, I plan on making a really big doghouse for them and any tips from those familiar with that would be amazing.

Pretty much going to be impossible to go through a conventional rescue or shelter, as said best bet is find a person in need of a rehome

dog house? I'm all for outside dogs if they want to be, my dogs enjoy spending a couple hours on the veranda on a nice sunny day but they still love being inside with me. if you plan on buying a dog just to force it to live outside all the time,don't get one. if you plan on getting a dog solely to have sex with it or treat it as a sex toy, don't get one.
southern states have a huge problem with pet overpopulation. dogs are fixed to help curb the problem because of the lack of care people have in those states. outside dogs breeding all the damn time, barely cared for at all.

dog house? I'm all for outside dogs if they want to be, my dogs enjoy spending a couple hours on the veranda on a nice sunny day but they still love being inside with me. if you plan on buying a dog just to force it to live outside all the time,don't get one. if you plan on getting a dog solely to have sex with it or treat it as a sex toy, don't get one.
southern states have a huge problem with pet overpopulation. dogs are fixed to help curb the problem because of the lack of care people have in those states. outside dogs breeding all the damn time, barely cared for at all.
The dog house is triple purpose.

1.) We have cats and I want to make sure they have a safe area that only they and I can access.

2.) I'm goin to try and keep them inside as much as possible, but I don't live alone... And should they ever have to stay outside against my volition... I don't want them to have to be uncomfortable. I'm going to make the doghouse fairly large too. Like... Around 10-15ft^2.

3.) I have a closed in back yard, so I'll be able to make sure they aren't going to become a parent because they were horny.

I have zero intentions of getting them solely for sex, so don't worry.

I'd like to know where this is a thing also. Where I live it's mandated to fix dogs before adopting them out and my dog was fixed. I don't trust rehoming groups because I've been burned by someone secretly passing off a sick dog before...

Back