Give oral to reptiles - risky?

Hello people!

I have wondered for a long time now - would it be theoretically safe to perform oral on a reptile (say a turtle)?

There has been accounts of people going down on birds without getting sick in this forum. Both birds and reptiles have a cloaca and carry salmonella so how could it affect a healthy individual? Anyone with knowledge?

I doubt anyone has tried it but interested in everyones thoughts

Hello people!

I have wondered for a long time now - would it be theoretically safe to perform oral on a reptile (say a turtle)?

There has been accounts of people going down on birds without getting sick in this forum. Both birds and reptiles have a cloaca and carry salmonella so how could it affect a healthy individual? Anyone with knowledge?

One of the questions you should ask is whether the animal will appreciate it or not. Both reptiles and birds are not known for any kind of genital licking behavior in the first place. The position in which you might be able to do it probably is not comfortable for the animal either. How do these animals express sexual pleasure? Can you tell whether the oral is pleasurable for the animal?

Do not duplicate threads. All users have access to the whole forum.

One of the questions you should ask is whether the animal will appreciate it or not. Both reptiles and birds are not known for any kind of genital licking behavior in the first place. The position in which you might be able to do it probably is not comfortable for the animal either. How do these animals express sexual pleasure? Can you tell whether the oral is pleasurable for the animal?

That's very relevant and further makes it a bad idea. However, I am only curious about a theoretical and how it would affect the one "going down" on the reptile

Reptiles and Salmonella

The Salmonella bacteria known as Salmonellosis, is most common in turtles, snakes, iguanas, and lizards. Recent studies have also found Salmonellosis in amphibians. This is not to say that other reptiles cannot carry the bacteria as well so be mindful when handling and caring for them all.

The first time I learned about reptiles having Salmonella, my fist question might be what you’re thinking now: how do they have it and not get sick? Strangely enough, they cannot get sick from the bacteria because it lives in their intestines – they are immune.

Here are a few tips to remember when you have reptiles for pets:
  • Always wash your hands before and after handling reptiles and anything they may have come in contact with. This includes their living area and food and water dishes.
  • Children younger than 5 and the elderly should avoid contact all-together. These particular groups can have worse symptoms if they contract Salmonella.
  • Don’t cross-contaminate. Do not handle reptiles, and then touch anything else (including other animals) until you have washed your hands thoroughly.
  • Keep reptiles and their living quarters away from the kitchen. Dust can still carry contaminants. If you are cleaning your reptile’s home, do it outside, away from where you make food.
  • As much as we think our reptile friends are cute, do not kiss or snuggle with them.

"I don't care if it's harmful for the animal, just wanna know if it's safe for me." With an attitude like that you can fuck off and shouldn't be allowed around any animal.

"I don't care if it's harmful for the animal, just wanna know if it's safe for me." With an attitude like that you can fuck off and shouldn't be allowed around any animal.

Learn to read tough guy jeez, just a curious guy here asking a question. There are ethical implications and I would never try this but guess I can just fuck off for even asking 🤷‍♂️

Learn to read tough guy jeez, just a curious guy here asking a question. There are ethical implications and I would never try this but guess I can just fuck off for even asking 🤷‍♂️
Well you could have said that you have no intention to try it in your first post which would spare you the mean comments. It is always good to think before you post. Because online the text you write is the only stuff that represents you.

Back