Future first time dog owner *In 5-6 Months* / Training for both Zoo & Non Zoo Interactions

Big_Knot95

Tourist
**REAL QUICK, I used the search bar for something regarding both "First time & Zoo Training + Social Skill Training" but could find specifics to help cater to my question**

SO, I'm going to be moving to Brazil with my dad and step family, and while stray dogs are very very common where I'll be, I'm really set on getting a German Shepherd as a first dog. I'm an active person, who loves being outside, we will be having TONS of space to move around, so the exercise part will be easy. But as for a balance between normal social interaction training and some you know... "private training", what would you say is the best way to balance this, can someone really establish themselves as alpha and still let their companion know you're accepting of being the bottom? Really my concern is... I don't want him to start humping everybody.

Is achieving this balance going to be difficult? Maybe I should only focus on one specific time for private time? Am I just thinking too much?

Also, a little extra info, I want a white shepherd, because the name "Everrest" is holding up pretty well in my head atm. (Two R's are for that growl type of spelling but would be pronounced normally).

Hello nice to know that you are coming to Brazil, I am Brazilian, about your concern, I think the key is to set aside a place only for private training, so he will associate this place as "the place of pleasure <3" this will make him understand that he has a right place to do this, and he won't do it with everybody's leg xD.

I had a white shepherd, but unfortunately he passed away 3 years ago, he was a beautiful dog....

Hello nice to know that you are coming to Brazil, I am Brazilian, about your concern, I think the key is to set aside a place only for private training, so he will associate this place as "the place of pleasure <3" this will make him understand that he has a right place to do this, and he won't do it with everybody's leg xD.

I had a white shepherd, but unfortunately he passed away 3 years ago, he was a beautiful dog....
Thank you for the quick response, I'll be living in MG.

Separate your routine day-to-day obedience training to the 'private training' you got for him. You will need a well-behaved boy that you can control in public, especially since he is a large Shepherd.

Most dogs know the cues to have sex should you show him where and when is appropriate to do so. He wouldn't go humping everybody in public if you teach him that playtime can only happen at specific times.

The Alpha theory is controversial and I'm personally taught not to believe it. However, I follow more in the more theory of a mutual beneficial relationship with your k9 partner.

Walking is the best way to maintain dominance, and show that you're dominant. Lead him. Correct his movements. Stop when you want to stop and make sure he listens to you. Also make sure you have a set way that you mate. Bring him to a specific room and undress, then use a unique command. Deny him sex if he tries any other time, and go to that room often and not have sex.

Just because he mounts you, doesn't mean he's an alpha. Females are commonly alphas, and control when they have sex

Private training? Seriously?

Animal abuse.

You invite your dog to participate. Let him/her know it's okay.

You don't get a dog for the PURPOSE of sexual gratification. WTF????

Get RID of this "training" attitude. Zoophiles do not *train* their animals to gratify them sexually. It's a possibility. Not a programmed requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Training is a misnomer. Its NOT grooming them sexually.

Its more like speaking their natural mating language to let them know your available. Your using their cues they understand like flagging or rubbing in places to let them know your asking for sex. Its up to them to choose it or not.

The best outcomes I've seen came from letting the dog grow up 'normally' for around 2 years, including the usual obedience training and socializing, and then introducing fun in a consistent, controlled setting. You'll probably find your shep won't need much invitation at all, and he will simply ask. Teaching him when--and who--it's okay to ask is part of that process.

training is necessary, especially if you don't want to get hurt in the process of play. After all there is a literal bone in their dick and it hurts like all hell if you get poked wrong. Plus training them to understand que's that your receptive and ready for play is necessary like explained by @Latinbull perfectly.

The last thing someone wants to do is take off their shirt on a hot day in public and their dog suddenly thinking "Oh boy, sex time!"
It's not "programming", its showing your dog how to properly perform sex if they're up for it and to look out for his and yours safety. I'd recommend try and slowing down your one sided abrasiveness as it sounds like you've never had a dog before, cause if you did you'd understand what this person was asking
@KNOTTYBOYZ both you and @Latinbull hit the nail on the head with that one, understanding que's and working around that is what will be the most beneficial.

@BlueBeard you really did go 0-100,000 with your response. *Fun fact! I've had family dogs before, I've taken care of friends dogs before, and I've dog sat for 8 of my Filipino Neighbors dogs at one time for two weeks before.* The first time I've ever tried anything beastiality related was letting my neighbor's friend's doberman hump my hand, and I knew this wasn't just something people thought was okay, and to be honest I'd only try anything beast related if the dog (or whatever animal) is into it.

As for a specific room to let him mount and do other things, I guess it wouldn't hurt to take it a step further and do an "every other day" type of thing, where I can be shirtless, or even in thinner swim shorts (Me and the family is getting an earthship built and I'm sure a swimming pool will be considered), and just hang out in the room, relating to what @KNOTTYBOYZ said "take off their shirt on a hot day in public and their dog suddenly thinking "Oh boy, sex time!".

Training is a misnomer. Its NOT grooming them sexually.

Its more like speaking their natural mating language to let them know your available. Your using their cues they understand like flagging or rubbing in places to let them know your asking for sex. Its up to them to choose it or not.
Ah, yes. Agreed.

"Training" is a triggering word. But what the OP wants is, not so much "training" but an "understanding" between the two of them.

You know, I used to worry about that myself, that my partners would "give us away" by acting out. And in all these years... 52, I guess (holy shit!) it never was an issue. My favorite bitch of all times seemed to know we do this only at discrete times, when it's just the two of us. And she never "offered" herself to anyone but me. Ever. In fact, she was sort of a "bitch" in the pejorative sense of the word to other people, one of the least social Labradors I've ever had.

Same is true of our other pups, over the past several decades. That's for "us" and no one else. They just... knew? Or was it something we conveyed to them, somehow communicated to them.

It was never a conscious, deliberate act, though. ... So now I'm wondering.

I definitely wish you luck on your endeavor! When it comes to training, youtube will be your best friend for the basic stuff. Stay, Come, Sit, Drop It, Lay Down, and etc. When it comes to sex, usually it's recommended to stray away for at least the first 1.5 years for males, or so I've read. As for the "Alpha" concern, it shouldn't really be a concern. Yes, you will want to be in charge of your dog, but you do not want to dominate over him, and you especially do not want him to fear you. But you don't want him to dominate you apart from sexual situations either. When it comes to sex it's should be all about letting him know the behavior is okay with you. But make sure that he knows when it is and isn't okay. For example, my girl knows it's okay to get all horny and expect sex when I strip naked in front of her. You'll want to do the same with you boy as well. If he displays signs of being overly horny while not naked I'd dissuade the behavior. I would take the latter half of my post with a grain of salt though, as I'm only into female animals myself and that's where most of my knowledge is oriented towards.

Private training? Seriously?

Animal abuse.

You invite your dog to participate. Let him/her know it's okay.

You don't get a dog for the PURPOSE of sexual gratification. WTF????

Get RID of this "training" attitude. Zoophiles do not *train* their animals to gratify them sexually. It's a possibility. Not a programmed requirement.
I'd like to hear you say that when the police show up because when you took your dog to the vet he kept trying to mount her, or laid on his back to get his dick sucked. I think veterinarians are trained to notice behavior patterns. Yeah, teaching your dog key words is a good idea. Taking him to an obedience school would be the best way to start. Teach those commands in English and then teach the bedroom commands using German.

I'd like to hear other people's advice about avoiding trouble at the vet's office.

I agree with @BlueBeard concerning "private training"—that is: forget it. :) Just invite your dog or tease him when you are interested in sex. He will also show you when he is interested ... my dog even taught me about erogenous zones of my body that I had not been aware of before. Sex is a wonderful fun part of life to explore together. You will both learn to understand each other better and better over time. It's not a job.

I actually think that you would make this weird for your dog by trying to teach him commands for sex or connecting it strictly with some place or object instead of allowing him to learn to sense when you are receptive. In my opinion you would also spoil this for yourself somewhat by overthinking and controlling this, especially as a bottom.

Yes, it can happen that your dog feels frisky about someone else and tries something a few times. So what? Stop him. He will quickly learn then that it is not okay. My dog tested distant family members twice. One didn't even realize what happened and the other one found it funny. My dog also made a move on other zoos twice—I can't blame him for that, he understood that they were potential doggy mates correctly.

I'd like to hear other people's advice about avoiding trouble at the vet's office.
I've never had any trouble, although my dog is exceptionally relaxed at the vet. Most dogs are more nervous and certainly have other things in mind than sex when they are in the vet's room. Besides, I do not think a good vet would be very much concerned about a horny male dog. If your vet seems like an overly paranoid person on a mission to identify zoos instead of being there to help your dog and you, I'd recommend to change the vet.

I've never had any trouble, although my dog is exceptionally relaxed at the vet. Most dogs are more nervous and certainly have other things in mind than sex when they are in the vet's room. Besides, I do not think a good vet would be very much concerned about a horny male dog. If your vet seems like an overly paranoid person on a mission to identify zoos instead of being there to help your dog and you, I'd recommend to change the vet.
You make a valid point.

I'd like to hear you say that when the police show up because when you took your dog to the vet he kept trying to mount her, or laid on his back to get his dick sucked.

Well, Tailo makes a good point *and* there's just the scarity of occurrence. You have offered a hypothetical without any instance of it to say it even happens.

You think the vet presses a hidden button and cops burst through the door if your dog tries to mount him or her? And is that because *only* dogs of zoos do that?

And what exactly does a dog on its back do that so unmistakably means, "Suck my dick"?

The only guy I know who was "busted" (not literally) by a vet at a vet's office was a zoo friend of mine who rushed his German Shepherd bitch there in an emergency. I've written about this incident here in the forums before. It wasn't "behavior." It was his cum leaking out of her puss onto the exam table.

My friend's heart stopped when the vet's eyes slowly turned up to him while he asked, "Is that what I think it is or are you going to make me put it under a microscope?"

Even then, no cops. No SWAT team. No members of the Justice League bursting onto the scene.

Guy got lucky -- but not because the vet was cool with it or anything. He wasn't really cool with it. But he knew my friend well enough that he couldn't think of him abusing his dog. The vet knew him to be so caring and loving that he let it go -- with a warning that if he ever did have reason to suspect the dog was being raped or neglected while being kept for use as a sex slave, things would go much differently.

Your mileage will vary, surely. But not to the point that a SWAT team is going to take you out if your dog pops a boner in front of the vet. And even if a prudish, zoo-hunting vet suspects something, they really can't read minds.

I'd say from my experience, it isn't your vet that's ever going to be your trouble. It will be a disgruntled boy- or girlfriend, or ex-spouse. It will be someone who wants to hurt you bad, and having this at hand is the weightiest, sharpest weapon they can find to cause you pain.

No training in the world I can think of will help any of us with that. Keeping a secret between you and your dog is hardly a worry at all. But with another human? Them's the ones ya's reads about all over the interwebs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't focus on being alpha or dominate, focus on being a positive leader and everything will fall into place. A great book to read is don't shoot the dog by karen pryor.

Back